1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Killing Eve

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Emelee, May 26, 2019.

1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,743
    Medals:
    What're your thoughts on this "rat and mouse" series?

I finished watching season 2 yesterday and I am very happy that another season will follow. The payback at the end was really good.
    Terrific actors on this show. Sandra Oh of course, but also Jodie Comer. And it's great seeing Kim Bodnia after seeing him on the Swedish-Danish series The Bridge.

[​IMG]

2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,221
    Medals:
    Really enjoying this show. The two leads play off each other very well.

(Thanks for not spoiling the s2 finale. That doesn't air here until Friday night :) )

3. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +747
    Just finished season 2.

Sandra & Jodie are a real dream team and the show is just so brutal, yet funny and entertaining.

Roll on season 3.

If they do decide to have a 2nd female Doctor Who then Jodie would be absolutely amazing

4. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,743
    Medals:
    She would be indeed. I have to watch the series Thirteen that she did before Killing Eve, just cause she has impressed me.

5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,148
    Medals:
    A friend recommended this to me and said I would love it. I watched about 4 episodes and couldn't for the life of me understand why they thought I would love it. I don't get it. It feels very pretentious to me, while trying to look like it's effortless and not trying, if that makes sense. I didn't find it very funny either, in fact it was tediously boring and couldn't have been any less interested in the cat and mouse theme. I just did not care. It really wasn't for me at all.
    There's something about that kind of show that really puts me off. It's that overtly self conscious thing. It's all too aware of itself, it just feels very forced and intentionally quirky. The whole thing just felt a bit too silly to me and I couldn't invest time in that.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)