Killing off a major character for season finale (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RebelHeart, May 5, 2018.

1. RebelHeart

RebelHeart Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Read at your own Risk. One Major Character is being killed off next week. Do you think it's a wise decision to kill off .....

CRISTAL!

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Where are you even getting this info? This has got to be a joke, right? I mean, I would get maybe recasting Cristal but killing her off permanently? No way. She's supposed to be an important part of the show. They can't get rid of her.

3. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Not in liberty to say more. The info comes straight from the production. If they are lying so am I. I guess we'll know more in a week. Apparently she tested badly with the audiences and they are doing some major revamps for S2. Have you noticed lately how slowly they are distancing her from Blake. She's standing there on hew own, almost as if she's not his wife.

4. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Even the trailer suggests it:

5. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Okay... If you really are telling the truth, can you at least say if there are any more characters possibly getting killed off next week?

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,403
    I *hope* Cristal doesn't get killed off... or they make it *look* like she has, but then makes a return from the dead... only they already did that with Matthew.

...oh gosh, I just imagined Cristal coming back from the dead and having a huge scar on her head al a Kimberly from "Melrose Place"! :lol:

7. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'm telling the truth if that person said the truth. Apparently they are pairing Blake with a new one. I totally disagree with killing her off. All they had to do was the write her better. They screwed the character up from the get go and now they wanna get rid of her.

8. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    That's an idea.

9. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Huh. That would be a game-changer to say the least. To be honest, the original Krystle didn't end up doing much post-season 2.

I guess with Sammy Jo now being married to Steven they don't need that connection.

10. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    If they want to kill a major character, they should choose Blake. If Blake had died in the original show, I'm sure Krystle would have been given much more to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not the least bit worried that it's going to be Fallon. But say for some ridiculous reason that it was, I would be done with the show.

12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,403
    Its Amanda all over again.

13. RebelHeart

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well, didn't I say before season finale that she's been killed off?

14. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Well RebelHeart, though we don't yet know all the particulars on how the Cristal situation will ultimately play out, you might be able to rightly say "I told you so....!" :)

15. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +366
    A new Cristal or new character?

16. Peter

Peter Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    if they kill crystal off then its definately no more dynasty for me, because in the Original it was the core of the show, reboot or not then im done

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I just saw Nathalie Kelley's Instagram post and unless I'm wrong, I'm guessing that Cristal's death is most likely going to be permanent. I guess the writers felt that they've botched her character so badly that she wasn't simply salvageable and now with Alexis on the show, she was simply going to become even more irrelevant as time went on. This makes me sad because I feel like Fallon needs a gal pal that actually cares about her now more than ever especially since she's probably going to face off against Monica AND Kirby for the large majority of the season if not for the rest of the show.

What also worries me is that what's going to become of Claudia's baby now? Surely the writers aren't going to allow a mentally ill character like her raise a baby all by herself? Honestly I think it's likely that Claudia may be the one to miscarry since Cristal won't be there to raise the baby with Blake.

I don't think it's going to be Melissa since it appears that the writers went through all that trouble just to get her pregnant with Steven's baby and it wouldn't make sense for her to lose the baby now. Besides, the show seems intent on giving Steven and Sammy Jo an instant family even though they just literally got married.

Edit: I just remembered reading that Nathalie Kelley said that she was supposedly planning on moving to Atlanta with her new hubby. If the writers/producers were planning on killing Cristal off all along, then why would she waste her time relocating all the way from Australia? Why not just stay there? Or better yet just hang around in L.A. and maybe wait for more parts to show up on her doorstep? Unless maybe within the last month or so the CW might have decided to fire Nathalie Kelley for whatever reason and she probably got notified within the last couple of days.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018