Kristin Wasn't Very Bright

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +469
    In the episode where we found out that Kristin shot JR and framed Sue Ellen for the crime, we find out something else that makes Kristin look as dumb as a box of rocks. We were told that Sue Ellen went to Kristin's place with a gun and told her she had the gun because she (Sue Ellen) was going to shoot JR. Kristin handed Sue Ellen a drink to get her to put the gun down to take the drink and then Sue Ellen being drunk, forgot to pick the gun back up and left. Kristin then took the gun to Ewing Oil and shot JR. Why do that and try to frame Sue Ellen instead of just letting Sue Ellen go and shoot JR herself? That way Sue Ellen would have been guilty instead of Kristin. JR was going to get shot either way. If you want someone shot and someone else is willing to do it, why risk a prison term by insisting in doing it yourself?

2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,937
    I don't think it was dumb, I can understand her reasoning. What would be dumb is expecting someone who is probably seeing double and on the verge of passing out to be able to make her way across town and get the job done. Plus I think Kristin wanted the satisfaction of pulling the trigger herself.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +469
    There's no guarantee that anybody will "get the job done" in an attempted murder. Kristin didn't get the job done because JR lived. The point I'm getting across is if you want somebody dead and there's somebody else willing to shoot the guy, you'd be an idiot to think or say: "No, I won't miss out on the satisfaction of pulling the trigger. It'll be so satisfying to me that I'm willing to risk getting life in prison or the electric chair even though there's someone else ready and willing to murder him."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Ordinarily that would be true, but like Richard Channing said, Kristin saw how drunk Sue Ellen was and figured she would have probably passed out or crashed her car before she reached JR. If JR was standing there in front of them, Kristin would not have interfered. I also think Kristin hated Sue Ellen and wanted the pleasure of framing her personally. Even if Sue Ellen managed to shoot JR, Kristin had no control over what happened next or what Sue Ellen would have done with the gun afterwards. At least this way, Kristin had some control over the situation.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,620
    I always saw Kristin as being kind of like a younger Alexis: all seductress and narcissistic outrage than brilliant manipulator.

6. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +429
    If Kristin hadn't shot J.R. at that moment, Cliff probably would have. Cliff said to Pam that he went to the Ewing building intending to shoot J.R., but discovered that somebody else had beaten him to it. The fact is, a lot of people were out for J.R.'s blood and that can act as the perfect cover to the real shooter.

Vaughn Leland, Alan Beam, Sue Ellen, Cliff Barnes and Kristin Shephard are the most obvious candidates for shooting J.R. at that time. He had seriously pissed them all off.