Kylie - Dancing / Golden

Discussion in 'Music' started by tommie, Jan 17, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    DANCING officially premieres tomorrow on BBC Radio2, but has already been leaked. It's from her new album GOLDEN.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    Kylie channelling Dolly Parton at the Disco, Oh what joy!
    I like it. It's not what I am used to but I was kind of expecting this as she's been recording in Nashville and has co-written the entire album. I remember reading that when Kylie was selecting the tracks for the Aphrodite album she put them the Dolly test. They would be sang acoustic in the style of Dolly Parton and if they worked like that they were kept for the album. This seems an extension of that. I think it works. Kylie turns 50 this year and I doubt she'll be played much on radio with this or do much to the chart in this Spotify/Streaming world. So it seems she's not chasing hits anymore and is just doing whatever she wants knowing her loyal fan-base will all buy it anyways. I'm here for that. It can only mean more risks and creativity now that she's not going to be chasing a top ten hit.

I'm just excited to hear her voice again and to have some new material, and this time to analyse the lyrics. I have always loved the songs she's written or co-written but her albums rarely featured anything she did herself.
    And I'm also excited that she'll be touring again this year so I see her for a 4th time!

EDIT - Album pre-ordered on iTunes and it's a 16 Tracker! Yes!!!
    Also the more I listen to the song the more I love it, the better it gets! Hoping for some glowy remixes too now.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,444
    Nice sound. I really like it.

Oh wow. That's quite brilliant.

5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,776
    I love Kylie - but I hate her live dancing. She does this weird arm movement EVERY time I have seen her dancing live. It looks like something out of Walk Like An Egyptian.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Here's the tracklist from the up-coming album "Golden"

[​IMG]

1. "Dancing" (2:58)
    2. "Stop Me from Falling" (3:01)
    3. "Golden" (3:07)
    4. "A Lifetime to Repair" (3:19)
    5. "Sincerely Yours" (3:28)
    6. "One Last Kiss" (3:41)
    7. "Live a Little" (3:07)
    8. "Shelby '68" (3:35)
    9. "Radio On" (3:42)
    10. "Love" (2:52)
    11. "Raining Glitters" (3:33)
    12. "Music's Too Sad Without You" (with Jack Savoretti)

*Bonus tracks"(only on the deluxe cd version)

13. "Lost Without You" (4:04)
    14. "Every Little PArt Of Me" (2:58)
    15. "Rollin'" (3:32)
    16. "Low Blow" (2:56)

I just heard the new single "Dancing"a couple of times now, and the more i here it the more i'm gonne like it.
    I look forward to the new album, and 2018 is going to be my musical year, Kylie Minogue, Celine Dion, Linda Eder, en maybe even Barbra Streisand with a new studio albums.
    :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    The song is just glorious the more I listen to it. It's one of those great pop songs where the lyrics are saying one thing but at the same time are meaning another. Is it a song about just wanting to go dancing or is a song about mortality and wanting to go out dancing?
    Introspective Kylie is EVERYTHING.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Here's the very adorable video for 'Dancing'! Who knew we needed country Kylie in our lives?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    Oh my.... This album is phenomenal. It's all I had hoped it would be and more. No songs like Sexy Love or Sexercise or Random Song featuring the word Sex for no other reason than record company interference. I have always loved the songs that Kylie had written, most of them would never wind up on an album but the rare time they were officially released I loved them. This album Golden is just choc full of co-writes. It's such a personal album from her. It's all fully functioning pop, with a sight country twist on much of it. However it's the lyrics that really elevate this album. She finally has stories again.

I felt that her last few albums didn't sound very cohesive. More a bunch of random songs and there were more than a few re-treads of things she had down before. They weren't bad albums at all. However I always felt that she could do better and that she should have had more of a concept in an album. This album has all the classic Kylie aspects but it is just so much better due to the lyrics. Who'd have thought that Kylie would come up with a better album without the likes of Sia and all the big shot producers and writers that she was being made to work with in order to chase a hit.

This album sounds like it was a pleasant, fun recording experience. Like she enjoyed every part of it. It's so creative and different for her. And yet I think it's the most honest music that Kylie has ever released. The songs all feel like they have come from her heart and her head. They reflect her now, at her age and yet it's still pretty great pop.

Highlights for me are Music's Too Sad Without You, Sincerely Yours, Shelby 68, A Lifetime To Repair and Raining Glitter as well as Golden, Dancing and Stop Me From Falling.
    It's a very, very strong album.

Golden is possibly my favourite ever Kylie album outside of a greatest hits and that's saying something. I'm so looking forward to seeing her on tour in October performing a lot of this album and a lot of hits.

Go... Now... Go get Golden!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    Stunning...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    I agree, it's very good.
    "Dancing" is nice but the chorus is a little generic. And I find that late 1990s line dancing (hello Shania!) such a turn off.

12. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    "Dancing" is by no means the best song on the album. My current favourite is Every Little Part Of Me, but my favourite keeps changing with every listen. Also the country influence isn't as obvious on a lot of the songs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    I don't mind the country influence (the album cover already seems to suggest the theme), it was just a comment on that music video.

14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    Well it was a country pop song about dancing so creatively she was kind of pigeon holed. Regarding the sound of the album, there are considerably more ballads and mid-tempos than a Kylie album normally has. Although there are a few upbeat pop bangers too.

15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    I think this would be interesting for @Emelee's album top 5 songs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,529
    I'll add it to the list of albums :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    I have just ordered deluxe version of "Golden", I hope to receive it soon with the post. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    The deluxe is the only way to go. The extra tracks are great, I know you will love it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Thanks @Alexis, most bonus tracks sounds pritty good to me, that's why i wanne have the deluxe verion too. ;)

I hope you enjoy the new cd too @Alexis?. :D:p

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  20. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    I just listen to Kylie's album "Golden" all weekend, and i must say i realy love this album, so many great songs are on it, it's not just a Pop/Country album but also some of her songs af her familair Dance sound with some nice dance tracks on it. Some songs really grow on me this weekens like "Stop Me From Falling" now i love this song even more. :):cool:

The bonus-tracks are definitely worth having on the deluxe version, so if you are a Kylie fan than you must have these songs in you collection. ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018