1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Lady Ashley Mitchell quite simply is DYNASTY

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    I was hoping that for once DYNASTY would switch back to Season 1, when it was a drama and not a soap. I mean, posters have fantasized about crazier things...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    A kiss can also be very passionate...in fact, that's really all we need to see. They've got to show some affection because falling in love with somebody isn't something that you decide.
    There can be secret rendezvous without ending up in bed. But it's still cheating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    I didn't care for a kiss or them falling for someone else but rather that they be disillusioned with one another (and there is no Kristina to keep them together like mushy glue) and divorce. We didn't see Krystle sign a prenup in the real wedding in S4, so she could then leave Blake with some money and be determined to start a charity foundation, and maybe even have Steven chair it. Colorado would have been a good state to create tension between mining and preservation, and between Alexis and Krystle from a different base and with Steven in the middle. And Lady Ashley could have come in as a friend to Blake, the way Sable eventually did in season 9. All these of course assume a completely different team at the helm, but even Paulsen himself at that point would not have convinced Forsythe to accept that Blake and Krystle split and that is my point: the show by then already did not have both its hands working skillfully, so why on earth accept to tie one behind its back by acceding to such an inane demand by a Victorian-minded actor who wanted a 50s wedding in mid-80s?

4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Well...if you're looking for a great divorce…

upload_2018-10-16_1-19-12.png

:NI:

• Winner Winner x 5
  5. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    You forget who caused it: No soul Frankie [​IMG]

So that doesn't fit my "no cheating" premise.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    You mean, like Cristal and Blake on NuDynasty?

7. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    Didn't she kiss another guy though?

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Had nothing to do with it. The reason was Clarke County.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    ....BUT I *LIKED* THAT BLAKE AND KRYSTLE STAYED TOGETHER AND THAT THEY WEREN'T ONE OF THE MILLION DIVORCES IN SOAPLAND!!!!

:sad::sad::sad:

....There. I said it.

I don't see why that couldn't happen without Krystle divorcing Blake. What's stopping her from starting that charity foundation, and having Steven chair it? Absolutely nothing. Heck, Krystle could even rope Amanda into the project as a way to bond with her new stepdaughter. Which would mean double the sparks when Alexis interferes, not wanting another one of her children winding up preferring "that blonde tramp" to her.

Because that's what DYNASTY was truly about: Krystle vs. Alexis. Heck, even Karen Cellini knew that!

10. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    I think the kiss was in the episodes I wasn't watching. I do remember the Clarke County debacle that killed Michael's father. Michael is the only one who has forgotten about it.

Well, their first marriage was void and they did get a divorce when Krystle fell in a coma (which made no sense--then he would have no right to decide about her care) but you are right that while Evans was on the show they only showed her kiss two men (Matthew and Daniel) and she was adamant in both cases she would not cheat. Though @Willie Oleson thinks kissing is cheating. :p
    I guess there is a novelty in them staying together, but for me that was not enough considering what happened to Krystle's character because of it. And in real life I have seen way many women married to men who treat them as wallpaper to consider it a novelty when I see it on a soap.

Except, it wasn't. Once they decided in season 4 for Krystle to remarry Blake and Alexis to fall for Dex, the two of them did not really have any confrontation other than empty exchange of barbs like Alexis and Dominique and they weren't rivals for anything or anyone: Krystle had won Blake, end of story.

And that is why no other storyline happened, because Blake's idea of a happy marriage was Krystle staying home chained to the nursery: once she got pregnant she was phased out of her PR position despite Tracey proving duplicitous. He didn't want her be involved with horses if it meant she was around other men and away from his fortress, and after season 5 she was just irrelevant.

11. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    I didn't mind that, since it was neither of their fault.

Huh, you're right, about the care. Never thought of it like that. Not unless they made arrangements beforehand... hm, I wonder if it should have been mentioned that Krystle put somebody else in the family in charge of her care, like Steven?

Either way, I didn't mind that divorce either, because Krystle believed she was as good as dead, and she didn't want Blake trapped like that. Plus, there's a chance she wanted him to get a new wife in order to make certain Alexis didn't get her hands on Krystina (I know, its doubtful Alexis was serious about wanting to take in Krystina... but you never can tell with that woman).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Krystle also kissed Joel - but that was only because she was going along with his mad plans in order to keep him placated. Plus, they did show Evans as Rita not only kissing Joel but also bedding down with him.

Lots of people consider kissing cheating. ^^

I can see your point, but really, I think the blame falls on the writers in that case. In the hands of good, creative writers, Krystle's character wouldn't be destroyed just because she remained married to Blake.

Um, hello? The children? The grandchildren? Alexis and Krystle always wanted different things for all of them (Alexis wanted all of them to marry for wealth and power while Krystle would have encouraged them to marry for love instead, etc) . Besides, Alexis may have fallen for Dex, but some part of her would always love and want Blake (Singapore, anyone?). And you even talked about a "mining and preservation" plotline for both women that had one of the kids and not Blake at the center.

So yeah. As long as Krystle and Alexis loved the same people but wanted different things for them, there was plenty for them to fight over.

12. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    After S3 there weren't nearly enough scenes between Krystle and Alexis. And when the producers can't even understand that, then The Good Ship Carrington really is asea without a rudder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Jason couldn't stomach his wife anymore.
    The real cheating happened all those years when Frankie was away, he still loved her, and Sable wasn't his # 1.
    Then again, Krystle married Blake because Matthew told her (a big fat lie) that he didn't love her and that there was no future for them. So, technically, Blake wasn't her first choice either.
    We had already seen the fiercely triangle for two seasons. Sometimes you have to end a chapter and move on to something else.
    That's interesting because I think her worst storyline was the season 4 PR job. I couldn't stand her childish enthusiasm.
    I agree. A divorce is usually the most simple solution.
    There are so many ways to create tension. How about an enemy amongst the staff. someone like Joseph - or worse.
    I also like the idea of the foundation, getting involved with the Denver high society - and how Alexis would try to destroy it and embarrass her during an important event (with the help of that evil butler).
    Haha, indeed. Maybe she'd try it just to annoy Blake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    One of you is right. ;)

But it was also a little real when he slept with his wife's sister decades ago, right?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    Two seasons of rivalry between Krystle and Alexis isn't enough -- although that's essentially all they gave us.

Every rivalry between two characters isn't equally valuable... Krystle and Alexis were because, mostly through their casting, they seem to represent "the two sides of every woman" (as Linda once phrased). Even little Karen Cellini (as @Ked reported above) said "the only thing the audience really wants to see is Joan and Linda" as she exited. And even DALLAS and KNOTS creator David Jacobs lamented circa 1987 that "Linda and Joan don't even seem to be the stars of the show anymore."

Just because the DYNASTY brass had a tin ear, that didn't mean the characters and their battle should just be tossed overboard, replaced with another. Same with Melissa on FALCON CREST, perhaps that show's most popular character: fix the damned writing, don't kill her!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,682
    I think with you, somethings get lost in translation. Even though you speak English.

17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    They should be enemies forever, of course. But do we need to see Alexis trying to destroy that marriage over and over again? Surely there are other options to keep that feud alive and kicking?

18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    I keep saying: have Alexis and Krystle fight over the children! Adam, Fallon, Steven and Amanda were all dysfunctional young adults struggling to find their place in not just the family and the business, but also society (both high and arguably even the low). Plenty of ground for the two mother figures to compete on, what with Alexis being the kind to want her children to be successful and powerful, while Krystle would want them to be happy and healthy.

Or, there's also...

I can see Alexis doing that, just to be spiteful. You can have Alexis do all sorts of things just to be spiteful to those she hates.

PLUS, does anyone remember that one old idea for an alternative story for Season 8, where its not Blake, but *KRYSTLE* running for governor, only her opponent would be Sean Rowan, with Alexis as his campaign manager. You wouldn't even have to sacrifice the plot of the Carrington children (in this AU, Amanda is included) struggling to take on the reigns of Denver-Carrington, because Blake decides to dedicate his time and money to being his own wife's campaign manager. It would be a golden opportunity to illustrate that Blake has come a long way from his Season 1 days... although he still uses a few old tricks, such as:

For that one debate scene Krystle and Alexis have, the roles are reversed, with it being *Blake* who sabotages *Sean's* ride and makes him late for the debate. We could have Blake pull a few underhanded deeds, all just to try to ensure his wife will succeed - and if he's caught, she can genuinely claim innocence. Of course, Blake making Sean late would result in Alexis taking his place, something Blake did not foresee... but then later kicks himself over ("Of COURSE that witch would jump at the chance to be on television! Stupid me!").

...And my imagination is taking over: anyone remember @Snarky's Ghost 's idea about a third candidate being Blake's ex-fiancee from before Alexis? And how she was the one who orchestrated the attempted shooting on Alexis? Now I'm combining that idea with this one: Sean is made to appear late again for a televised debate, only this time it was by the ex-fiancee. So three women must take to the podium this time, and two gunshots ring out.

Of course, both the ex-fiancee and Alexis are the ones who've been shot, with Alexis having fallen into Krystle's arms.

:p

Except Jason hadn't even met Sable when he had that one-night-stand with Frankie. It was Philip who was wronged that night, not Sable.

19. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Also, another thing regarding Krystle running for governor: if Linda Evans decides to stay on, then Krystle can become the governor! :D But if not, then Krystle can lose, have her tumor storyline and have her graceful bow-out.

20. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    I'm not sure I suggested her as the third candidate, but as Blake's political mentor of sorts.