Dallas Actors Larry Hagman as Executive Producer.

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by pete lashmar, Apr 16, 2017.

1. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    I was reading through the threads recently and during a discussion about Larry's Daughter's book about him, the poster mentioned that they couldn't forgive what Larry and Leonard Katzman did when they became joint executive producers.

I understand that this was late into the run - season 12???

But living in Portugal I haven't had access to this book, so wondered what changes they made that were thought to be bad ones.

Did cast members go against their own will - did the incoming new cast have problems?

2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,314
    Medals:
    You know if you want to read the book you can order it online from Amazon.co.uk.
    That's what I did. I can recommend other Dallas fans to read the book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eternal-Pa...id=1492378229&sr=1-1&keywords=Kristina+Hagman

It paints a different picture of Larry as it's basically his daughter's autobiography so he is seen from her POV.
    It's interesting and one thing that stuck with me was how much Larry actually seemed to love being a celebrity.

3. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    He wasn't really the Executive Producer, the title was honorary I think.

He is credited on DVD season thirteen, on the approaching shot to Southfork on the title sequence along with Leonard Katzman as the Executive Producer.

They moved the credit to the opening credits from it's traditional place of the freeze frame cliffhanger just prior to the closing credits for the 1990 season. :)

4. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I have a feeling Hagman didn't support Barbara Bel Geddes when she asked for more money for the shows final season, which was why she was dropped & didn't appear in the final season. :(

5. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    You see, if that's true, it's unforgivable. BBG , in fact all the original cast were crucial to the show. Is there any truth in all the stories about Linda being sidelined by Larry so she couldn't be written out without his consent?

6. Treeviewer

Treeviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,917
    Medals:
    I saw an interview at the time (on Entertainment This Week, I think) where he cheerfully admitted that it was only a way to pay him more money.

• Informative Informative x 1