Larry Hagmans Ojai home and Scientology!

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Barbara Fan, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,834
    EXCLUSIVE: Scientology's secret bases: How the Church scooped up Larry Hagman's $5M estate to create a luxury 'rehab center' and built underground vaults and doomsday shelters for elite members like Tom Cruise and John Travolta
    • Scientology's real estate arm bought late actor Larry Hagman's massive Ojai, California estate for $5 million
    • The nine-bedroom, ten-bathroom home now serves as a luxurious, $30,000-a-month rehab center catering to celebrity Scientologists, DailyMail.com can reveal
    • It's secretive subsidiary, The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), has five remote bases sprawled across the US including a Northern California outpost, a deserted Wyoming ranch, a facility in Trementina, New Mexico and one in Twin Peaks in the San Bernardino Mountains
    • Each CST base includes a palatial home constructed for the return of deceased church leader L Ron Hubbard, as well as a secret, holocaust-proof vault to store millions of titanium discs containing his work
    • There is also accommodation to serve as a safe haven for Scientology's elite, such as leader David Miscavige and celebrity followers such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Kirstie Alley in case of a Doomsday scenario
    • 'Every vault and every site is meant to be a huge library. The bases are only designed to have one or two staff members, who will support the whole base
    • When LRH supposedly returns, it's all set up for him to carry on,' a former member said

The last of Scientology's top-secret bases have been revealed to be located in an eerie Northern California outpost, a deserted Midwest ranch, and the former home of late Dallas star Larry Hagman, DailyMail.com can disclose.

The controversial church’s real estate arm purchased the party animal actor's Ojai home in 2014 for $5 million. The 43 acres of land, with an estate that boasted nine-bedrooms, ten bathrooms, and an outdoor pool, now stands as a $30,000-a-month rehab facility catered to the troubled friends of celebrity Scientologists, according to a former church member.

Meanwhile, the remote sites of Petrolia, in a small coastal town in Northern California, and Sweeney Ranch, in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, are both owned by the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), the most hush-hush of Scientology’s subsidiaries and its richest with assets worth tens of billions.

Petrolia and Sweeney Ranch, pictured for the first time by DailyMail.com, each include massive underground vaults and a palatial home for the return of church leader L Ron Hubbard, who died in 1986. Scientologists believed he will come back to earth in a different body and 'carry on' in one of these bases. CST's logo, two interlinking circles with diamonds in the middle, are also etched into the land to guide Hubbard's spirit home.

Scroll down for video

[​IMG]
    "The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), Scientology's most hush-hush subsidiaries and its richest, with assets worth tens of billions, purchased the Larry Hagman's former home in Ojai, California five years ago for $5 million"

[​IMG]

Set on 43 acres, the vast estate has been transformed into a rehab facility run by Scientology's Narconon, which caters to the Church's celebrity members in need of assistance

[​IMG]

"John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston, who opened the Ojai Narconon Center in September 2015 has praised the facility for its work"

[​IMG]
    "However, one insider claimed that it is actually used as a recruiting ground by celebrity Scientologists to entice their friends into the Church"
    John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston, who opened the Ojai Narconon Center in September 2015 has praised the facility for its work, however, one insider claimed that it is actually used as a recruiting ground by celebrity Scientologists to entice their friends into the Church

A typical three-month stint at the rehab center can cost about $90,000, an insider told DailyMail.com. The facility offers a detoxification program with an exercise area and saunas (pictured)

[​IMG]

Narconon programs are run throughout the US and Europe but are controversial because of the methods it uses to rehabilitate and educate addicts since it's based on Scientology courses, which critics say are medically unproven

[​IMG]

Bizarre rehab methods include reading Alice in Wonderland out loud, blinking competitions, 'talking to a wall' and speaking to inanimate objects. A former church member has claimed the staff at the rehab center are all on drugs

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,110
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Thanks for the info BF! I find this utterly depressing though, and Larry must be spinning in his grave (which I don´t know if he had!). I wonder if little sweet Cristina Hagman is a member of the infamous sect...in a way it would fit her so well...and would make everything else so understandable.:censer:

[​IMG]

We still miss you dahling!!​

3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,886
    Thanks for sharing BF. You know Travolta worked with Larry on "Primary Colors" so it wouldn't surprise me if he had been to Larry's house earlier on as a guest. Then of course Priscilla is also in the Scientology.

@Toni I think Kristina spread her parents ashes together after Maj too had passed. So no I don't think Larry has an actual grave.
    If you remember it was Larry's wish to have his ashes spread. He mentioned it in several interviews.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,834
    When I was lucky enough in 2008 to stay with Judy keel wife of Howard she told me that of all the "Hollywood" homes she had been to over the years with Howard, Larry and Maj's was the most wonderful

Maj had designed it herself and it was stunning, from the moat that blew bubbles to the stunning views and often above the clouds it was breathtaking

And i think she said Larry had a hanging bed from the ceiling where you looked up and saw the sky and stars

oh I wish our old posts were still here as i gave a good description of what she said back then! memory is fading lol

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    It is kinda sick that Larry Hagman's former home has been turned into a rehab centre. I mean that's like turning a church into a whore house.