Last DVD/Blu-Ray you bought?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Emeleez Navidad, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Santa Swami

Santa Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,040
    The complete box-sets of Dad's Army and On The Buses.

Swami

2. Treeviewer

Treeviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,803
    I think both. Or all three. There had been some suggestion that the next film should take the fight to the aliens' home planet, in fact there were comics stories published along those lines, but Alien 3 not only failed to build on the triumph of Aliens but actually undid it.

3. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Disney DreamWorks animation movie trolls

4. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Last DVDs and blu-rays I bought....The Party’s Over. In blu-ray and dvd. Contains the released version and the pre-release version, which runs for 18 minutes longer than released version. Filmed in 1962 but subjected to three rounds of cuts and not released until 1965. Director Guy Hamilton and producer Anthony Perry took their names off it. Cast includes Oliver Reed, Eddie Albert, Louise Sorel, Mike Pratt, Ann Lynn, Clifford David and Catherine Woodville.

This Is My Street (filmed 1963). Starring Ian Hendry, June Ritchie, Annette Andre, Tom Adams, Mike Pratt, Meredith Edwards and John Hurt.

The Avengers: Tunnel of Fear

Pathfinders. Tv series. Featuring appearances by Christophe4 Cazenove and Mike Pratt.

Randall and Hopkirk Deceased bluray. Starring Mike Pratt, Kenneth Cope and Annette Andre
    Department S Blu-ray. Starring Peter Wyngarde, Joel Fabiani, Rosemary Nicols and Dennis Alaba Peters.

Currently, mostly I records movies off Talking Pictures channel. Around 400 a month. I watch them from my exercise cycle. So it can cost me 1000 calories a film.

I’ve got a few thousand dvds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mel O'Kalikimaka

Mel O'Kalikimaka Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,325
    This is on my bucket list of films to watch at some point. The gritty tone and soapy premise has drawn me in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Another lovely Network release. I recorded it on ITV in the early hours years ago.
    http://www.british60scinema.net/unsung-films/this-is-my-street/
    Annette Andre got to arrest June Ritchie (her sister in This Is My Street) in ITC’s The Baron and played Ian Hendry’s ex-wife in ITC’s Return of the Saint. In This Is My Street, her character’s brother-in-law is played by her future Randall and Hopkirk Deceased co-star, Mike Pratt. And her fiancé is played by Tom Adams, who guested on ITC’s UFO, where he got murdered by Mike Pratt. Meredith Edwards worked with Annette Andre on ITC’s Randall and Hopkirk Deceased, where he tried to bump off Mike Pratt’s character. Madge Ryan from This Is My Street got to kidnap Annette Andre and threaten Mike Pratt on Randall and Hopkirk Deceased.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mel O'Kalikimaka

Mel O'Kalikimaka Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,325
    I love the Ealing film It Always Rains On Sunday, which has a similar kitchen sink noir feel.

And of course This Is My Street has the Carry On association. Eric Rogers even road-tested some music later he'd later recycle in the early seventies Carry Ons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,107
    I ordered a box called "World's best movies", but instead got "World's best movies volume 3". Must be a summer worker handling the orders...
    I hope I get to keep the incorrect box as compensation.

9. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Blu

xmasvac1.jpg xmasvac2.jpg