Leaving Neverland

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by Richard Channing, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,658
    Medals:
    Well, there has been a lot of focus on radio stations that have banned his records since the documentary aired but not much attention has been given to the fact that there is still huge demand for his music but that doesn't feed into the narrative that he was a paedophile.

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,015
    I'm tired of radio stations dictating what we can and cannot listen to. Thank heavens for Spotify and other streaming sites.

I've been watching TOP OF THE POPS on BB4 for years, well, since they started airing it from 1979 and thanks to Jimmy Saville & Dave Lee Travis, we get episodes missing because they won't air the ones these two presented.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Medals:
    But really in this day and age, who depends on radio to listen to the music they like to hear. If I did that I wouldn't ever hear any of my favourite artists. Most radio stations, especially chart radio don't play anyone over about 35. If I listened to radio I wouldn't hear any Celine Dion, Madonna, Kylie etc. And it wouldn't be because they were paedophiles. Jackson just wouldn't be being played on big radio stations anyway. And I am sure Jackson fans already own everything he's ever done and have it there for all posterity. Kind of a big deal over nothing really. There are living, still recording, still touring acts that sell shit loads and don't get played on radio.

• Agree Agree x 3