Lisa Hartman´s "Ciji" on German election posters (kind of)

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Billy Nolan, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Billy Nolan

Billy Nolan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I couldn´t believe my eyes when I drove to work one morning in September to Bielefeld a big German city in North Rhine-Westphalia near the Teutoburg Forest.
    Over here in Germany there were federal elections at the end of September. So every political party shows their political contents on those election posters you can find everywhere on the streets and in public places.
    When I drove by I discovered one of those posters with a picture of Lisa Hartman as "Ciji"!!
    At first it looked like a political poster. But it was kind of an advertisement for a party of "Stereo", a nightclub and disco in Bielefeld with the look of a political poster: a facebook campaign. They gave Lisa the fantasy name of a non-real person: "Silvia Miguel-Strecker". If you will give her your like on the disco´s facebook page, and she´ll reach more than 500 likes, the fees of the drinks (beer) will go down at the nightclub party.
    Funny and interesting - not only because nearly no one knows Lisa Hartman over here these days... She was better-known and very popular when "Knots Landing" got airtime on the public service television in Germany - and that´s ore than 30 years ago...
    I called the disco owners to let them know about the background story of the "Real Silvia Miguel-Strecker". They were very amused.... They really had a rock singer on their posters! They told me, they planned those campaign and gave the idea to their design agency. The agency took Lisa´s picture from a portfolio of different graphics and pictures...
    Another fun fact is they called her "Silvia Miguel-Strecker" to build a female equivalent and a mother-figure for the laughingstock "Silvio Miguel-Strecker" who celebrates the dated mullet!
    Poor "Ciji" - but otherwise kind of honor for Lisa - pictured on posters everywhere in Bielefeld - one of the big cities in Germany.
    stereoPlakat.JPG

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Billy Nolan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    IMG_20170921_195112_910.jpg IMG_20170921_195415_453.jpg IMG_20170921_195519_767.jpg IMG_20170921_195618_207.jpg IMG_20170921_195717_922.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    I smell a lawsuit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,750
    Medals:
    I wonder if Lisa gets anything paid for that they use her photo. Or if the photographer who took the photo gets paid...

It seems sort of weird if they can use her photo for free...

Still as a Knots Landing fan I can totally understand why you think it's cool that her face is all over your hometown! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Billy Nolan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    They said the picture was taken from a portfolio for PR agencies... I´m sure they paid for using it. Otherwise it´s not allowed to use those pictures...
    You also can use pictures from "getty images" and similar sites if you pay for it.

It´s the same thing newspapers etc use pictures...

I guess Lisa´s picture was in a portfolio for "80s things" or something like that...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,204
    Medals:
    The "3 picture party" on the mainpage made me discover this thread. :D