Arrow Live to Fight Another Day (Season 6)

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Jason73, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    It’s good to have this one back and it started off pretty good, I’m relieved to see they made it off the island, the how’s and where’s can come later.

And Felicity is still the hottest character in the Arrowverse.

Fel.jpg

Oh dear, this is really bad – I can’t remember when or how Laurel turned nasty. It’s like a total mental block and now I’m all over the place, distracted by what has happened.

Ah – she died, some of it is coming back to me. It’s no wonder I get confused with a number of superhero stories I’m watching these days.

Will pointing to his father and naming him as the bad man was great, not so much for Oliver, but as a viewer, I found it really haunting.

I wish they would think of something else instead of having the bad guys break into Oliver’s (not so) secret hideout.

Nice ending where the Green Arrow is finally revealed on national TV.

oliver.jpg
    “What are we going to do?”

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    Gosh, I've missed Ollie and his handsome, sexy face. I really enjoyed this episode and I like the tone that's been set for the new season.

The stunts on this show are fantastic. I love all the swinging and jumping. The scene where Oliver swings down and catches Rene was cool. (I also really enjoyed the scene where Rene hugged Ollie.)

The flashback scenes on the island looked amazing--the darkness, all the fires burning, the orange tinged sky.

Well, clearly you posted that because you wanted this response (In order of hotness):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But seriously, you think that Felicity is hotter than Dinah?? I'd go for Dinah.

I liked all the stuff with William, because I like anything that makes Oliver emotional.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    That was brilliant and I felt the same about the part where Oliver came out of the water.

.............:D:D:D

Yes, most definitely. She's simply stunning and then throw in the chemistry the character gives me and I'm on a winning streak.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    How will Oliver explain his face on the costume of Green Arrow?

4945839-1747075718-47787.jpg
    "Photos can be doctored. They could have put Bruce Wayne's head on that body,"
    "Has Bruce Wayne left Gotham to hang out in Star City recently? No!"

ar415b-0055r-170795.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    I was surprised and yet pleased to see Anatoly return. I think the reason why I’m happy is that I know who he is. Sometimes it can be a little tough each time they introduce a new villain.

I hope the tremors with Diggle don’t drag out through the season. It’s that whole ‘self-doubt’ thing creeping back in.

I like the FBI woman and I’m glad she’s got a bite for Oliver being the Arrow. This is going to cause him problems, but at least it’s not from the supernatural kind.

Diggle taking over as the Green Arrow is something I never thought of and while that itself feels absurd, I’m curious how it will play out.

This has definitely been the best episode of the week in terms of DC comics.

7. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I have zero interest in this story.

I like that so far Oliver's obstacles this season aren't some Big Bad, but rather an FBI agent and fatherhood. I think Oliver struggling as a single father adds an interesting layer to his story--especially since Oliver has never been a very nurturing character.

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm assuming it's going to play out along side the story of Diggle's shakiness and that it's going to end up being a disaster and Oliver will end up stepping back in.

It's definitely my favorite of the DC shows still.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I forgot to mention--I love that Oliver's son has a Flash backpack for school. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    Yes, absolutely. It's always great to see the characters grounded a little and not always in conflict with one big bad each season. I can easily find myself getting distracted with the constant battle against an enemy that you know won't be resolved until the end of that season. I too like that they are giving Oliver the added pressure of having his son around.
    Yep, I think you have this one all figured out.

Yes, I was going to mention that too. :D Both shows have given a nice nod to each other and I love this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    More good stuff with Ollie trying to be a parent.

I hope that Diggle as GA doesn't drag out for too long. I'm already ready for Oliver to step back in.

The last scene with Oliver and Felicity was good. It's nice to see him smiling and laughing for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    Yes!

I was getting very annoyed with the FBI woman constantly at Oliver and him being the green Arrow. I wanted Oliver to go back to his team and say something like this. "You know what guys, let's back off for a while and let the cops deal with all the crime, that way we can highlight how much we actually do for the city"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    I fear we have hit a lull with Diggle taking over Green Arrow and I'm done with Laurel.

It was great to see Ben from LOST though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    There's just nothing that exciting about it. We know it's just temporary, so there's nothing terribly dramatic about it. I'm just waiting for it to be over and for Ollie to be back in that sexy suit--although I like him in street clothes too.

He's such a great baddie--such a malevolent presence.

20 days until this year's crossover event!

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/arrow/...source=facebook&utm_campaign=mainfacebookpost

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I liked all the personal interactions in this week's episode--particularly between Rene and Curtis and also Dinah. I'm not really that excited that Thea is back.

Hasn't the team broken up at least once before? It feels kind of redundant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,444
    I forgot about this episode and then when I started to watch it I was drifting off in other thoughts. The wedding reception took ten minutes and I'm kinda bored with the whole 'Oliver loves Felicity' angle. How many times are we going to see them swoon at each other?

Nor I, and I'm struggling with both Laurel & Thea.
    Yes, again I'm tired of the whole trust thing with Oliver and his team.

I wish they had ended this first half on the crossover because it was such a great height to pause at.

• Agree Agree x 1