1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locations

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Bill Dilks, May 22, 2019.

1. johnmmil10

johnmmil10 Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +463
    Nicholas visits Sal in S11E24 to thank him for his help in fooling the men looking for his parents. They meet at a loading dock.
    269E1A3C-602E-42CF-8764-2228CBC9FF7D.jpeg
    It was located on the backside of 508 E 8th St b in Los Angeles. There was some signage in the background that gave the hints for finding this location.
    5D4DE490-4631-43B9-820C-AC6C443AEB20.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bill B.

Bill B. Soap Chat Member EXP: 7 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I don't see the same carpet in the "Triangle" episode scene here.We confirmed that the 5020 home does still have red carpet as seen in the scene here with Bobby and Gary.The bookshelf itself is also different in the "Triangle" scene versus the scene with Bobby and Gary.The bookshelf is exactly the same in the "Triangle" and "Election" scenes here.[Culver City/MGM soundstage].Not sure why the books were changed on the soundstage scenes here of "Triangle" and "Election".…..Lastly,concerning the bar.It appears that the bar on the soundstage set has 2 doors which open outward.In the "Triangle" scene here they are both closed.In the "Election" scene they are both open.The off White chair seen in "Triangle" and "Election" is the same chair [look at the seat]...The seat area of the chair in the scene with Bobby and Gary is different.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. johnmmil10

johnmmil10 Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +463
    In s11e27 Sue Ellen visits a morning Kimberly Cryder.

8781E280-4DBE-4238-855D-7EE83800648B.jpeg AB74D7B2-63C1-4B6B-B406-20D9BABB3D67.jpeg

This was filmed at Grace Lutheran Church located at 4427 Overland in Culver City. It looks very similar onscreen as it does today. https://goo.gl/maps/iF7PJYHp94DCpeoG6

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Not a location question but a time stamp question. At what time did this scene appear? I literally just finished Conundrum and don't remember seeing it at all :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bill Dilks

Bill Dilks Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    I see it at 49:48. The stopped image had pause info at the bottom which I think overwrite a piece of the number. But it's correct. You can find it at: https://www.imdb.com/tv

Bobby on the balcony - Conundrum.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +929
    So I feel like I'm missing something because I cannot see this scene on my DVD. What scenes does it come between?
    This isn't important I'm just curious now
    I can't access the IMDB TV internationally, it's US only.

7. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    at 48:20, Joel Grey walks across the pool. Then, below, looks like his brother got home and Bobby went out through the balcony. Hope this helps.

upload_2020-3-18_10-39-22.png

8. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    Also, FYI, I backed up this page and the last two. So I have a copy of all pages of this thread, so it won't be lost. And again, if we lose this board, we can connect on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/SoapChat-101767987952260/

...or type soapchat in fb search and see it related to me, Bill Dilks.

9. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Yeah this scene must be cut out of the region 2 DVD because it just isn't there at all. Very strange. I found a copy of the episode on Dailymotion, I can sort of see why the scene was cut out, it doesn't add anything to the plot (who was that woman??).

Thanks for your replies :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    You're very welcome. If I remember correctly, it was his brother's wife. She wanted to, but Bobby didn't sleep with her. To avoid his brother's wrath of him just being there, along with avoiding the suspicions from the brother who does the things he accuses other of, he decided to sneak out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  11. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Sorry that this is taking such a turn in the locations thread, I've put my reply under the spoiler tag so no one else has to load the pics if they don't want to. Thanks for participating in this discussion :)

Register or to view Spoiler content!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    You're right...my apologies. That part of the scene with the unnamed maiden didn't show up in my scrolling...it skips frames. I was wrong in what I said. I was thinking of how Bobby didn't mess with his brother's wife, and got mixed up. I sat through the commercials and watched the scene showing your pics, then Bobby exiting from the second floor. My bad.

Interesting planning how this house is next door to the one "owned" by his brother near Thousand Oaks off of Portrero Rd. Facing this house, the other is to its left.

Thanks for correcting me on the "exit" scene.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. cheaproberts

cheaproberts Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +101
    as in France we are in quarantine, I have plenty of time !!
    i have found that location today
    season 3 episode 5 Kristin affair

the real location

520 E Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91501 vlcsnap-2020-03-21-15h45m54s810.jpeg Capture d’écran 2020-03-21 à 15.52.47.png

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    Yep...no doubt about that!!! Great work, CR.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    I was looking through the office location for s1 - 5 pilots in this thread, and it's not clearly noted where 2001 Bryan is, BRYAN TOWER in relation to the Dallas skyline. So I noted the important buildings in the show.

Note: in SPY IN THE HOUSE, as Pammy pulls up to the 2001 Bryan to deliver the file for Bobby, the building behind her under construction is ONE DALLAS CENTER.

Dallas Skyline Bryan Tower.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:28 AM
  16. Bill Dilks

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,740
    Tell ya what...I had a blast yesterday. Starting from the beginning, I strolled through this thread from the beginning and rediscovered some interesting things I had forgotten. Also fun to just review and see the pics and locations again. You guys have given so much to this, and I think you're all just awesome, and maybe, like me, a little twisted :crazyme: in our interest here. Thanks, guys. You're the best! :clap:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020 at 2:53 PM
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,944
    Very well stated, Bill!

Want to know how I found all of you and this site?

Back when the internet and chat rooms were becoming popular, my friends and I stayed away. Then, one day I wandered into a chat room about barns.

Remember, this is the first chat room I'd ever seen.

What struck me was the feeling of friendship and camaraderie on there. One person would mention, "Have you seen those cupolas on all the old barns? Are they functional, or mostly decorative?"

[​IMG]

And another person would say, "They are definitely functional. Since hot air rises, the cupola creates a draft. On a hot day, you can watch a paper bag or small tumbleweed get pulled up toward the cupola because of that draft. It can make a 20 degree difference in temperature, and in a hot summer, that's a big deal."

And then others would add their experiences to that.

I still don't know how it happened, but exploring out from there I ran into the Soapnet site. Back then, it was email based. You would basically be in a group email and receive an alert when another poster added to the thread and go into your email to view it.

This was when they were showing reruns of Dallas each evening at 9:00 pm. Everybody would watch, then come on here to post and I'm telling you that this place was jumping!

If I remember right, Soapnet and Soapchat were sister sites. You would go into Soapnet to view the upcoming episodes and see pictures and reviews. Almost like a TV guide. Then you would go to Soapchat to find the forums.

Good times. . .

• Winner Winner x 1