Dallas Character Lucy Ewing

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by stevew, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    I'd call it blackmail.

2. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I did not like his forcing her to have sex but Holly Harwood was an idiot. She brings this person into her her company after inheriting it from hr father. It was bad enough not doing any research on JR but when JR asked for a large portion of her company as payment in showing her the ropes, she stupidly agreed to it.

3. Dr. Ellby's hair

Dr. Ellby's hair Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Mickey Trotter could have stayed little longer as i think it was one of the better storylines for Lucy (might have been a last good one for her) and two actors had nice chemistry.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Mickey was the best boyfriend that Lucy had, in my opinion. Her taste in men was usually really bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I would have liked to have seen her in a Far From the Maddening Crowd type of story with a JR picked suitor from the right family, maybe a series of men from the right families (Texas and nationally powerful and wealthy). Also a hunk of a man or again series of men, not so well heeled but gorgeous who Lucy would have used like JR used women. And a guy like Mickey. Just one guy. Not an early Sue Ellen type, drunk, but a strong, man of the earth, a friend who’s in love with Lucy but not so caught up that his love leads to his down fall. The one person who can reign her in. Someone there for her despite her rather challenging life as she takes on a bigger role with in the family and it’s power struggles.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,438
    I think Kit was the picked suitor from the right family that JR picked out for Lucy. Never mind that he was gay! :giggle:

Also Mitch and Mickey were the best matches for Lucy. I loved both of those pairings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    At the time, I really liked Mitch, but I ended up liking Mickey a whole lot better. His hard exterior and poor guy from the wrong side of the tracks background provided the series with a good story, and a great love interest in Lucy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Lucy and Mickey could have great potential because in an ironic twist, a naive Kansas farmboy who came from nothing is EXACTLY the person who J.R. couldn't manipulate.

Why?

Because J.R. couldn't buy him off: Mickey would know that being broke on his own terms was better than taking J.R.'s money with strings attached.

J.R. couldn't bribe him with a tantalizing job offer. Mickey would rather make it on his own.

And J.R. couldn't do anything to hurt Mickey, because everybody would know that J.R. was behind hurting the one person Lucy truly loved.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I’d have like to have seen Lucy in a Far From the Maddening Crowd plot where Mickey was her true love yet a handsome beef cake guy turned her head and a guy from the right family pulls her in another direction. It’s a classic.

10. Lastkidpicked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Yes!
    And they could still include the perfect J.R. moment (this is when Kit Mainwaring called off the wedding to Lucy):

Bobby: If Lucy marrying Kit Mainwaring is the basis for your deal with Mainwaring refinery, then you better find different terms and fast.

J.R. What are you talking about?

Bobby: Kit is calling off the wedding to Lucy.

J.R. : Don't tell me that. The Mainwaring Refinery deal is just getting started. We've got a lot at stake here.

Bobby: Kit Mainwaring is not marrying her, and it's better for Lucy that he doesn't.

J.R. Lucy? What's she got to do with it?

HA! Perfect J.R. line.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 6:34 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Lol. So true. What season was that?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM
  12. Lastkidpicked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432

SteveW, this is from Season 2, Episode 21

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 8:15 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  13. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Thank you. Loved it. I been working on my own Lucy Fan Fiction if you want to check it out:

http://www.soapchat.net/threads/jock’s-will.5290/

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lastkidpicked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Very cool! I replied over there. . .

15. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,555
    Lucy had potential and while CT certainly wasn't a strong an actress as the other cast members were, she certainly was a much more of a superior actress compared to the cast that joined post 1986.

Lucy needed to be on her own, away from both the Dallas & Californian Ewings.

Mickey was her best suitor, the chemistry between them was hot hot hot! They were a younger Bobby & Pam, and could easily have been the shows second big couple.

The writers had no real vision when it came to Lucy, in my fan fiction Lucy and Pam form a close mother/daughter & sister bond, yet also best friends, Lucy would be Pam's biggest defender and would even be tempted to betray the Ewings as a result, her reasoning would be that Pam was the first person who ever gave a damn about her apart from Miss Ellie, but she simply spoilt her whereas Pam laid boundaries to protect Lucy.

• Like Like x 3