Michael Douglas latest to deny sexual harrassment

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Sarah, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Sarah
    Mischievious

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,183
    So now Michael Douglas is apparently ready to make a statement:

Michael Douglas has denied that he sexually harassed a woman over 30 years ago as he took a pre-emptive strike against an as-yet-unreported allegation.

The actor said that he felt “the need to get ahead” when he became aware that a former employee was going to release claims that he had masturbated in front of her, used explicit language in front of her and “blackballed” her from the industry in the press.

The 73-year-old – who called the most serious of the claims “a complete lie” – also said that he wanted to speak out because his children are “really upset” and are worried he will be labelled a sexual harasser.

In an interview with US entertainment website Deadline, the Wall Street star said he was approached for a comment from film industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter regarding his former employee’s allegations.

Asked why he was coming forward to expose the story that may or may not surface, Douglas said: “I felt the need to get ahead of this".

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ent-claims-ahead-of-publication-36474970.html

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Snarky's Ghost
    Sleepy

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +3,872
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    I believe Douglas' denial. It rings true somehow -- plus, her jumping onto the trendy "he masturbated in front of me" train doesn't help her credibility right now.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)