More AMC and OLTL characters to GH?

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by TJames03, Feb 18, 2017.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    I would think the most obvious (and best potential "story-starter") would be the addition of AMC's David Hayward. He already knows Anna Devane (they had a baby together when she lived in Pine Valley), and his checkered past would allow GH to revive several other characters who have no storyline. Like Dr. Hayward, GH's Dr. Obrecht has a documented past as a doctor in a questionable clinic that nursed presumed-dead patients back to health. I always thought it would make sense that Obrecht and Hayward would know one another and would make excellent partners in crime. Anna isn't really hurting for story, but re-igniting the rivalry between Obrecht and Anna (over David) would be must-see TV. Perhaps Olivia Jerome is one of Hayward's former patients, and part of his reason for coming to Port Chuckie is to warn certain people (like Anna) that Olivia is out to get her.

3. Cliff Barnes

Cliff Barnes Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I think they should do someone like Kevin Buchanan - oltl but is a free enough agent to make connections on a different show, have him open a branch of be in port Charles or something.

4. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    It's a shame they can't simply bring Todd Manning back to town. He was a romantic interest for Carly, owned what is now Julian's publishing company, and was an interesting addition to the mix. Of course Roger Howarth is Franco now and they can't undo it...even if I beg them to.

5. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    What do people think about James Depaiva joining GH? Do you think he will be Max, or a new character? I can't remember where things were left with Max on OLTL. He wasn't still on the show when the show ended, correct?

6. Cliff Barnes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I think he is going to be someone new though I would love if he were max. He left town in 03 after Al was killed and shortly before Gabrielle was, he went to be with his twins that he had had with Luna. They were in some kind of home since I think they had disabilities. He did come back for Asa's funeral in 07.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    Thank you! For the life of me I could not remember where things were left with Max.

8. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    One rumor I heard (unsubstantiated) was that he will play the doctor who helps Ava recover from her burns...a new character, apparently. In typical soap fashion he'll probably end up being her new love interest, which...yawn...but the writers at GH seem to lack originality.

EDIT: shortly after posting this, I saw an article that stated (with pictures) that he will debut this week playing doctor to Samantha Morgan, not Ava, who is having some unique mental problems that has been causing her to say all the stuff we fans wish would be said about Alexis/Julian and Sonny.

As for the original topic, I have to say I was underwhelmed by Nora Buchanan's visit a few months ago. It just seemed to be a stunt with no real impact on the storyline, since any lawyer-character could have appeared. I sat there waiting for the other shoe to drop, some surprise that would justify the expense of having HBS appear, and...nothing.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cliff Barnes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It was definitely somewhat pointless although at least we learned she's still married to bo. I was hoping they would resolve all the cliffhangers from the online version.

10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    It's been confirmed that he's playing a doctor, so I'm assuming the other half of the rumor is true too--that he will be helping Ava.

Side note: I just found out today that a friend of mine that I work with, her son is in drama classes at school with Maura West's children. Now I feel the need to go to every single drama production at this school just so I can tell Maura West that I adore her.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    Tell her again for me! :10:

I seem to recall reading that one of her kids (with Scott DeFreitas) appeared on ATWT in a bit part.

• Like Like x 2