Dallas Actors Morgan Brittany's husband saves their house from wildfires!

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Karin Schill, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,067
    Medals:
    Hi Everyone,

Some of you might already have read about this on twitter. But for those of you who haven't I thought I'd share it here:

https://deadline.com/2018/11/stuntman-jack-gill-agoura-hills-california-wildfires-1202504490/

Seems like Morgan's married a real life hero! ;)

Oh and I really hope the horrible wildfires in California stops soon. They have caused too much destructions of homes and even worse lots of lives have been lost. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people who are affected by this horrible tragedy. :(

Take care,
    Best wishes:
    Karin.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +517
    That is welcome news to hear. Victoria has probably lost her house and Steve probably has too. Linda and Charlene may have been more fortunate. Hope they are all safe. The loss of life and utter devestation is heartbreaking.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,595
    Thanks for sharing this, Karin! Good for Morgan's husband!

It seems to me that our weather is getting more and more extreme. I've heard a lot of talk about global warming. There's a debate as to whether it's caused by humans or not.. After all the Earth went through an Ice Age and that certainly wasn't man made.

Still, how does global warming, whatever the cause ( I believe the cause is overpopulation - our planet has more people than it can comfortably sustain. Things that cause pollution which damages the ozone layer - everything from cars to factories is increased by the overpopulated state of the world. More people means more cars, more factories, etc) how does global warming lead to less rainfall? Lack of rain is what causes the forests to be so dry that what would normally be a typical wildfire becomes a monstrous wildfire. Is lack of rain even related to global warming or is it a separate issue entirely?

Karin, you live in Sweden, right? Have you noticed much of a change in Sweden's weather over the last 10 or 20 years? Here in The United States, what I've noticed the most as far as weather goes, is that our storms are getting worse and worse. We're having hurricanes that are massive and doing far more damage than most hurricanes used to cause. Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana and especially the New Orleans area was one of the first of these massive hurricanes. More recently we've had a hurricane that did major damage to Wilmington. North Carolina just a month or two ago. Wilmington, North Carolina is one of the big new areas for filming TV shows. TV series such as Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill were filmed in Wilmington. I've even heard Wilmington called "the Hollywood of the east coast."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,067
    Medals:
    Yes I live in Sweden and unfortunately I have noticed some extreme weather here in the last 10 years. :(
    Actually this past summer was one of the warmest and driest in like 100 years. It barely rained at all and we had problems with wild fires over here. I think the biggest wild fires in our country's modern history. The fires weren't that close to where I live so I didn't notice that much of it but a lot of forest burnt down. Compared to California we were spared since I think only one firefighter died (which is one too many but still) and I don't think many homes were lost either. But yeah we had reinforcement from the EU helping out with firefighters and trucks driving up from Poland, France and planes from Italy and I think one of the Baltic nations as well. So it was a serious situation for Sweden that was very unusual. :eyes:

I think this is probably due to climate change. Maybe it's not the sole factor and it could be a combination of things but I think climate change does factors in. Only problem is I don't know what to do about it since it's a global problem and as long as big nations like India, China and USA doesn't make a change it doesn't matter how much we recycle our garbage and how many new airplane taxes and gas taxes our government comes up with and uses the money to invest in electric cars and bikes (that by the way are not more environmental friendly than a traditional bike without batteries!)

And we're getting off topic here!

@KayLloyd I don't know about Victoria and Linda. But Steve lives in Ojai and the recent fires haven't been that close to that area as far as I can tell. So I think he is fine. I know for certain that he didn't lose his house in the fires last year. Also Charlene lives in Nashville these days.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +517

Thanks, good to know about Steve and Charlene. I wasn't sure how far Ojai is from Malibu. I saw that Kaitlyn Ienmer lost her house in Malibu, so unfortunately it seems highly likely that Victoria's house there was destroyed too.

6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,578
    Medals:
    @Karin Schill - Linda is fine - I spoke with Kehly and they are all good, thank God.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,067
    Medals:
    Thank you @Sarah . Good to hear that Linda and her family are fine. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +878
    Thanks Karin and Sarah for the information ,happy to know that Linda is fine ,and for Victoria they talked about her house really near the fire in French TV and I was worried about that but after that ,she wrote a message in her Facebook page that she was fine and safe ,and also she thanked everybody for asking news about her

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,067
    Medals:
    Thank you Silvie. I am glad to hear that Victoria is fine too. :)

10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,262
    Here in Australia we understand exactly what residents in California are going through. We face this every summer and this season is going to be tougher if we don't receive some much needed rain. Just these past few days parts of Eastern Australia, think Sydney to Brisbane experienced dust storms. Though not as severe like it was several years ago it is a reminder of the grip drought has on this land.

I'm thankful to hear our favourite actors and their families are fine but my thoughts are also to those who have perished and others who have lost everything.

:love5:

11. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Thanks for that great news!

12. johnmmil10

johnmmil10 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +328