1. You Know Nothing Jon Snow

Most powerful emotional moments

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones on HBO' started by Michael Torrance, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I know everybody remembers the big moments (such as "The Red Wedding") but is there any other moment that has stuck with you though not as much of a marquee event? I have mentioned Arya hiding "Needle" in a previous thread, but here is an earlier one that carries much impact

"And everything that's happened since then--all this horror that's come to my family...it's all because I could not love a motherless child"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,728
    Medals:
    The Jaime & Brienne saga, and how they changed each other for the better. Best moment was of course the bath tub scene when Jaime had just lost his hand and told Brienne how/why he became the Kingslayer.

But also Tyrion's struggles to be treated fair by his father, only to have his father humiliate him even more.

Plus all the times a dire wolf, a horse or a dragon died.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,560
    Medals:
    Probably still a marque event but Stannis Baratheon having Shireen burned alive stands out. One of the darkest moments for me too.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,728
    Medals:
    I forgot (!!!) about that one. It was horrific. Poor girl.

5. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    This stands out for me as the darkest moment of the show (though you are right--tons have been written about it). I both hated and pitied her mother in the final moments, when only then does she realise she can't possible sacrifice her daughter--while she is being set to flames.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Medals:
    I thought that Jaime and Tyrion Lannister's embrace in the final season was very emotional. When Tyrion says "You were the only one who didn't treat me like a monster" or words to that effect. I choked and cried.

There have to be loads more of little scenes over the series run, but I have only watched each season once so far. I would need a re-watch to jog my memory.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,751
    Gosh, this is such an interesting question and yet I can't pinpoint a scene outside those that have already been mentioned. Well, I could throw in many scenes, there were so many moments throughout. Jeez, just thinking about it is messing with my head.

I don't particularly feel the last season was rushed, more than the seasons in between kinda dragged on and on, so for me, I loved the pace of the final season. Also with the last two seasons, there were many moments where I felt tears coming to my eyes as I watched various characters meet up after been apart for so long.

I loved Theon's journey the most, so to see Bran speak to Theon about him being a good man really got to me. Watching Sansa feed Ramsey to his dogs was a fine moment. Seeing Ayra slice open Walder Frey's neck too, so many it's hurting my head again.

"Hold the door"
    "HOLD DOOR"
    "Hodor"

large.jpg

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)