Most shocking/surprising TV deaths

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Emeleez Navidad, Nov 2, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Hollyoaks train crash and explosion. Sonny Valentine and Carmel McQueen lost their lives in that two years ago.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    Insurance agents in that town must be quite overworked. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Oh, they have a blast.

Death can be funny when done right.

Especially in the immediate aftermath

• Like Like x 2
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    You can bet that something will go wrong. Take some soy sauce and you can bet that someone will get themselves impaled in it. img_0556.jpg

img_0555.jpg

ad_147597068.jpg
    I liked the fall of Niall Rafferty on Hollyoaks. In more sense than one. He also caused the death of one of his sisters, when he caused the church to explode. And Calvin Valentine managed to get himself shot dead on his wedding day (in a flashforward episode) about six months before he got himself shot dead on his wedding day.

And Will Savage drowned his mother Anna Blake in the bath.
    soaps-hollyoaks-crime-will-savage-anna-blake-2.jpg
    His niece Nico pushed him off a roof. Nico bumped off her stepfather's biological daughter, murdered her mother's lover on his wedding day and suffocated her matrilineal and patrilineal grandfather, Patrick Blake.

will-anna-3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dew Melons

Dew Melons Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,960
    JR and Bobby are the hardest for me although they were known in advance. April was a shock.

More recently the biggest shock death was Poussey in OITNB :( Won't be the same without her.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christine

Christine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +163
    You guys will laugh at me when I say this but I have just seen the season 4 finale of Bates Motel and Norma Bates' death came as a total shocker to me :D. I just didn't expect her to die 'that soon' and I kind of thought she might not die at all as I had started to look at this series as a show that is only BASED on the Psycho movies and somewhere along S2 I had somehow stopped seeing it as a prequel to the movies (it felt more like a re-imagening)....so yes, her death came kind of unexpected. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  7. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Well, there have been four deaths there within the last two-and-a-half months. Cameron Campbell claimed his eighth victim, his ex, after she made the unfortunate mistake of confronting him with the incriminating footage of him causing another two deaths, instead of going to the police first.

Second-longest running character Jack revealed that decades before his half-brother made him deliver a kick which killed someone. While Grace Black shot her half-brother's pregnant girlfriend dead with a silencer aboard the Hollyoaks Express.

Only this week on Valentine's Day, Nathan Nightingale discovered that his fiancée Lisa was having an affair with his father. Nathan really fell for Lisa in a big way. Still, Linda Gray plays his grandmother and she will be back for his funeral. It was rather shocking in that it hadn't been leaked and actor Jared Garfield (Nathan) was snapped being present in funeral wear at what turned out to be his character's funeral, so viewers seeing the publicity pictures were under the impression that Nathan wouldn't be going.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Sorry, that should have read five. It was revealed days ago by incriminating video footage that multiple murderer bad boy Warren Fox's trainee priest son Joel (who was recently pulled from the fire that exploded Warren's Wheels when his father's girlfriend Sienna tried to repeatedly get her boyfriend Warren to unintentionally kill his son in revenge for the death of her multiple murderer daughter Nico,

which then of course caused Warren to try to kill Sienna) gave his father's sister the drugs that killed her. And his dad doesn't know yet.

Still, I liked the way that Joel's stepfather fell off that lighthouse.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  9. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    On last night's episode, the continuity announcer joked that the funeral directors in Hollyoaks must be making a fortune. Last night's episode featured Warren Fox burying his murder victim Bart McQueen's body in the grave dug for murder victim Amy Barnes (who was murdered about two weeks earlier), while Amy's funeral was taking place. Warren murdered Bart (right before Warren's birthday, which he amusingly spent unsuccessfully trying to get to move the body, which was stuffed in his new neighbours' attic) on the incorrect information that Bart gave Warren's sister Katy the drugs that killed her. In fact, it was Warren's now seminarian son Joel who gave her the drugs and fibbed to his dad. Bart was trying to inform Warren of the truth but Warren bumped him off first.

10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078

I'm beginning to agree.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Hehehe...Brendan Brady killing Simon Walker on Hollyoaks brought a new meaning to “catching the train”.

———-

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Hollyoaks bumped off Detective Sergeant Geoff Thorpe (who was often referring to his unseen wife, Doreen) without prior notice a few weeks ago after four years on the show, when his nephew (who had previously murdered his own wife and the mother of his boyfriend’s children on their wedding day and has since died after being deliberately left to drown in the river by his exes’ ex) strangled him.

Of course, since then, previously burned-to-death-in-the-2016-Halloween fire-victim—and-multiple-murderer-schoolgirl Nico Blake, whose body was previously found, positively identified and cremated and kept in an urn, has returned to the village alive and well. Only to pull the head off her half-brother’s teddy bear, stab her mother and attempt to kidnap her half-brother. Which caused her mother to die in hospital, get taken off the opening titles, and the cast members on Twitter say that they would miss working with the actress concerned. Only for the recently deceased to reappear on the show four episodes later, right after her own funeral, which she attended in disguise, just in time to confront her daughter (who murdered her grandfather who was the biological father of both her parents), who was in the process of kidnapping her half-brother. Which appears to be drawing her previously dead and buried for a year and a half multiple murderer fiancé, Warren Fox, who was last seen kidnapping their newborn baby daughter (half of his twins), back to the village as a full-time regular again. It isn’t always easy when they don’t always stay dead.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  13. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Hollyoaks aired scenes this week where gangster Glenn Donovan discovered that his biological son Adam was the grass who had been betraying him to the police. So Glenn took the logical step of shooting Adam dead, in a surprise twist. And Adam’s corpse was quickly delivered to his widow in a body bag at the bus stop where she was waiting for him to leave for a new life.

14. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Sid Fairgate (Don Murray) on KL. They redid the credits for the new season and he was in them among the stars in alphabetical order. Episode 2 ends and there he is....seemingly dead on the cross.

15. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,581
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    OMG. Those British soap writers are just nutjobs. At least the murderers are good-looking... :danc:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    Ironically, it means I'll have to avoid good-looking men when I next visit Britain. Which kind of defeats the purpose of going at all.

17. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Well, faking her own death at the hospital kind of backfired for Sienna, since news of her death drew out her former fiancé, loveable multiple murderer bad boy Warren Fox, who was last seen six months ago, kidnapping one of their newborn twins from the hospital and driving off to the song, Fox On The Run. This time around, Warren Fox kidnapped the other twin.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018...l-siennas-baby-as-nico-reveals-shes-pregnant/

Glenn Donovan on the same day, bumped off his son, who he lives in the same house with. Glenn also lives in the same house with one of his other sons, his son’s widow and her child and is currently in a relationship with his stepdaughter, his late son’s half-sister.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,336
    I wasn’t expecting Lady Cybil to die in Downton Abbey. And it was a very realistic graphic death and the actors looked all so real in it. That was quite shocking for me :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Continuing the theme of parents offing their offspring on Hollyoaks, recently back from the dead Sienna has this week unintentionally and surprisingly bumped off her back-from-the-dead-but-not-for-long serial killer daughter, Nico, the day after Nico gave birth to a baby daughter and while Nico was trying to kill her mother Sienna by smashing glass in her face. I guess things weren’t meant to be, especially as Nico was telling her newborn that she hoped that she would be just like her and also told her baby that she was intending to murder her former best friend and her best friend the very next day with poisonous flowers. What was fun about that was that first Leela thought that she had killed Nico, only for Nico to come back to life and then Sienna bumped off Nico by whacking her in the head with the Headmaster of the Year award given to Patrick Blake (biological father of Nico’s twin parents who told Sienna that her baby was dead, when she wasn’t), who Nico had murdered. Sienna has requested that Nico isn’t buried near Patrick, because he wouldn’t have liked that.
    1C29AB89-9D62-44C0-AC74-C9A1B7A46ADA.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  20. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    I bet Rosalind never saw it coming!