My Comfort, My Protector, My Life

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Sarah, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,267
    Medals:
    This one is set around the time that BD Calhoun has threatened JR and Sue Ellen and prior to John Ross' kidnap. Although the beginning of the script is from the original scene, the rest of the details are based on imagination. Hope you enjoy!

"What a wonderful father you are..." Sue Ellen had said, softly smiling at him. "Too bad you're not a better husband..." she said, but without any recrimination or guilt aimed at him. It was more of a suggestion of hope, which he seemed to immediately pick up on.

"It's been a long time since you let me try.." JR said, his tone a mixture of desire and hope.

"You're talking about spending a night together...." she stated. Touching his face and leaning into his chest she whispered, "I'm talking about a lifetime...."

The fact that given now, in his state of extreme despair, at his confession that he was responsible for the terrorist BD Calhoun coming after her, possibly their son, the entire family and his company, that Sue Ellen could come to him, didn't blame him and was comforting him was like oxygen to JR. When she had left her place at the table beside him earlier, he thought she held him responsible too - the way of course Pam did. The way Ray did and the way Bobby most certainly did although Bobby was the only one who would help him fight this threat.

As her manicured finger traced his jaw, something happened to him. He needed the comfort that only she could give him. He needed her.

As Sue Ellen moved to go to her room, JR stopped her by pulling gently at her hand and saying, "Can we start with a night....please Sue Ellen....." His pleading was evident in his body language and tone of voice. JR almost instantly regretted his words. They had been apart for so long that the last thing he wanted to do was suggest that they heal their relationship physically before anything else. It wasn't that she just turned him on with her touch. Of course she had. The touch had ignited a connection between them that he had known would never really end. When she confirmed it, he knew there was nothing he wanted tonight more than her, more than her warmth, her love and her understanding. To feel her against him, to connect with her fully the way she always had done. She knew and understood him better than anyone else. Loved him in a way that no one else ever had. That was obvious by the way she had spoken to him tonight.

She didn't resist his touch. She didn't pull away. Their hands stayed connected as Sue Ellen momentarily seemed to think about what she wanted to do next. Would it be so bad just to abandon reason for one night? To help her husband when he so obviously needed her? She knew the answer.

Keeping a gentle hold of the top of JR's hand, she pulled him gently towards her as she whispered, "Come here..." and led the way to his bedroom. JR smiled at her, both elated and immediately distracted from his sad mood by her willingness and the confidence she now exuded. He cast his eyes along her long, tanned legs which were accentuated by her black stilleto heels. He made sure that the door closed behind them, then allowed Sue Ellen to pull him into a long, passionate kiss. "God it's been so long...." he whispered against her ear as he scattered long, lingering kisses along the nape of her neck.

"Far too long..." she said as she delighted in his touch.

Later as they lay on JR's bed, facing one another, their eyes searched for things they had been missing. It was like they were rediscovering each other all over again. JR laced his fingers through hers and said,

"Thank you...for being here for me..."

"I'm glad you felt you could turn to me...." Sue Ellen replied in return.

And he had done. She was different now. Different to the woman who less than a year ago would have told him firmly where he could put his emotions had he asked her. He'd never stopped being attracted to her, but lately, he was sure it had been written all over his face every time he was around her. Watching her grow, set up her own business and beat him at his own game had been a powerful aphrodisiac. He could almost tell she wanted him back by her actions and the way she had been behaving towards him. The ice wall that she had built around her seemed to be melting.

"Why me though...?" she asked coyly, continuing to gaze into his eyes.

JR propped himself up on his right elbow, smiling at her with a telling glance.

"I would have thought you would have known the answer to that one Sue Ellen..."

Sue Ellen giggled softly. She'd given herself away lately. Yes, she was now becoming a powerful business woman in her own right but she hadn't been able to hide the feelings for JR that she carried, and had always carried on her sleeve.

"Indulge me..." she purred.

As if JR hadn't given her a bit of an ego boost already this evening, he was prepared to play along with her. "Well", he started, "Lately, I've been noticing things...mainly noticing you", he told her as they lay in the semi-light of his bedroom. "The way that you started your own business....combined with your beauty and new confidence....it's been all captivating to me. Devastating actually....and you're so...damn...sexy...." he said as he dropped a light kiss on to her cheek as she looked up at him.

Sue Ellen sighed at his touch, "And you noticed that?" she asked, almost as if seeking complete reassurance from him that what she suspected was correct.

"Oh yes..." JR said. "I thought it was obvious..."

"I hoped so", Sue Ellen said, reaching up to stroke his hair. "But I wasn't sure....especially when you left when I was upset over Calhoun..."

"I was protecting you honey. I couldn't risk letting my guard down when I had to track that man to wherever the hell he was hiding. It just wasn't the right time."

"But we're here now....", Sue Ellen said.

"Too much wasted time honey..."JR said softly and kissed her. Breaking the kiss JR asked, "How about you? Not long ago you would have said no to me...pushed me away....what changed?"

"I've changed", Sue Ellen said. "I know what I want now. I was trying to subtly send you signals you know..." she said blushing.

"I got 'em honey....and I'm so happy to know you wanted me too...."

They began to kiss and make love again slowly. Who knew what the morning would bring as Sue Ellen, Pam and the boys jetted off to California. They both knew they had to make the most of tonight.

The next morning, Sue Ellen moved between her room and JR's changing. Settling on a navy skirt and silk blouse for her journey, she combined it with her infamous high heels and large belt which accentuated her perfect waist line. Her hair was tied back in a clip and she wore a pair of large light blue clip earrings.

JR applied his cologne, a musky scent which was so unique to him. She inhaled it discreetly as she walked back into his room from across the hall. He moved to greet her as she entered.

"You look beautiful..." he said, admiring her and looking into her big hazel eyes.

"Thank you..." she said softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist and gazed back at him.

There was a kind of finality about today that Sue Ellen couldn't quite shake. She'd felt it last night too but had tried to put it out of her mind while she was with him. She'd spent the night in his room and although she had drifted off into a light sleep, JR hadn't slept, knowing what lay ahead. Instead he'd spent the night gazing at her and stroking her hair as she lay tangled in his blue sheets.

What if he never had this opportunity with her again? JR was well aware of the danger that awaited him. Calhoun had made that very clear. Subconsciously, it was probably the main reason why he wanted to be with Sue Ellen last night. The thought of never seeing her again was almost too much to contemplate. He'd never admit that of course, much less to himself.

As he looked at her, he picked up something in her mood that reflected in her eyes.

"Any regrets?" he asked softly.

"Oh no..." she whispered. "It was fantastic.." she said, dropping a slow, sensuous kiss on his lower lip.

"Yes it was..." he said, managing a smile despite knowing she'd be leaving with his son at any moment.

"Mommy!", John Ross said as he bounded into the room at lightening speed, forcing his parents apart. He didn't seem to notice their physical closeness but commented, "I've been looking for you, why are you in Daddy's room?"

"I'm just talking to your Daddy...." Sue Ellen said as she moved away from JR and looked at her son.

"Are we going now Mom? I want to get in the limo and watch tv! And then I want to go to Disneyland and to those pits where the elephants..."

"Slow down John Ross!" JR said, lifting him into his arms. "Now look, I wanna talk to you boy", JR instructed, propping John Ross on the side of his bed, the covers still tousled and smelling of Sue Ellen.

Sue Ellen watched him from the doorway as JR knelt down to speak to his son from an even height.

" I need you to take care of your Momma for me", JR instructed. Sue Ellen felt tears come into her eyes. "Can you do that for me?" JR asked.

"Yes sir!" John Ross said enthusiastically.

"Shake on it?" JR said, stretching out his hand. Sue Ellen watched as John Ross' small hand was overshadowed by the size of JR's adult one. It was a very touching moment, like JR was passing the reins to John Ross. Her heart sank a little deeper.

"I love ya boy", JR said.

"I love you too Daddy! Don't worry, Momma will be safe with me!"

"I don't doubt it son!" JR said as they hugged.

John Ross jumped off the bed and JR watched him run out of sight, quicker than he would have liked. He knew John Ross was powerless to really protect Sue Ellen, but it was a sublime message he was delivering to the boy, within Sue Ellen's earshot and for her sake.

Once John Ross had ran off down the hallway, JR looked at Sue Ellen, noticing the tears in her eyes.

"What is it honey?" he asked softly as she tried not to look at him. The moment he asked her, a single tear fell and he walked to her in the arch of the doorway.

"What if.....what if this is it?" she questioned, almost desperate, as if realising that this could be the last time she would see JR. This man she loved, who she had loved for the majority of her adult life. How she now regretted how much they had taken for granted! Never once had she really believed she would never see him again, until now.

JR gently put his arms around her waist and pulled her to him, "It isn't", he told her, fully understanding her words and the meaning behind them.

Sue Ellen quickly gasped as her breath was robbed from her as she started to cry. JR held her face in his hands and said "I won't let it be. I promise. And when you get back from California, we're gonna pick up where we left off..." he said smiling, hoping to reassure her.

Her huge eyes absorbed him. There was nothing else he could do but kiss her. As the kiss broke, she stroked his face and for a brief moment seemed to question herself before quietly whispering,

"I love you JR....always have...always will..."

He kissed her softly once more and said, "I love you too Darlin'....more than you'll ever know."

Neither of them wanted to leave the other but eventually the time came when the limo had to take the family to the airport. As JR watched John Ross jump inside, he held the door open for Sue Ellen.

Nothing else needed to be said between them. Talking about it further was only going to make it too hard. All they could do was remember how the other had been that morning. And last night. And hope that they would soon be able to resume this new found and exciting relationship they had discovered with one another after such a bleak period apart.

"Maybe you could call me...you know...let me know you're safe?" Sue Ellen asked.

"Of course I will..." JR said. She kissed him once more quickly on the lips and stepped inside, her heart threatening to break apart.

Later that evening as Sue Ellen and Pam settled their sons after dinner and the excitement of the day, Sue Ellen retired to her suite. Stepping out of a comforting hot shower, she had just pulled on the fluffy hotel robe when the telephone rang.

"Hi...." came the Texan drawl at the end of the line.

"Hi...." she said with a smile.

THE END.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    You really nailed the sense of foreboding here, great job :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,267
    Medals:
    Shucks thank you so much!!! They seem to have infiltrated my mind lately! Really appreciate the feedback and compliments!

4. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Wonderful!!!!! Even better than on the show!!:bh:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,267
    Medals:
    Wow thank you!!!

6. zephiey

zephiey Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Perfection!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,267
    Medals:
    @zephiey Thank you so so much for that.

8. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,738
    Medals:
    Another wonderful one shot Sarah. I love the way you write JR/SE. :love8:
    Also I am glad that you've gotten your inspiration to write back. Keep up the great work!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    This was perfectly done... thank you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings: