My New Knots Landing DVD Collection

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by soapfan79, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Barbara Williams

Barbara Williams Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I must admit I never noticed any edited its throughout the CBS Drama run. I was just grateful it made it back to our screens after such a long time.

2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,274
    Medals:
    :crazy:

3. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Is that hammer on the head for me or Laura ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,274
    Medals:
    It's for whoever cut the scene out. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    All these scenes they cut appeared on the next episode's recap. Just checking that for 30 seconds would have them realize what NOT to edit out.

Oh another scene I recall they edited out was someone visiting paige's apartment and stealing a mailbox key. They left out parts of that series of events. (season 11 if I recall correctly)

• Like Like x 1
  6. flouflix

flouflix Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everybody :)
    soapfan79, your dvd covers look really really nice. Is there a way for me to get a copy of them please ? I had a look around but I didn't find anything :(
    Thank you !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knots Blogger

Knots Blogger Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +109
    These are tremendous; I want them all!

• Like Like x 2
  8. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Medals:
    They trimmed some of the more visually fun bits too, including Chip on the pitchfork.

9. soapfan79

soapfan79 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    if anyone is interested they cam pm :)

10. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    1stly i love your avatar soapfa79 as i am a huge Joe Dante fan and that's one of my favorite films of his. 2ndly i finally got around watching Hitchike part parts 1 and 2. i've only ever seen the 1st season which i thought was really kind of mediore most of the time. i'm not saying the entire series is but going by season 1 i mean those 2 episodes were pretty good though i must admit

11. soapfan79

soapfan79 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thank you. Gremlins is my all time favourite film. Season 1 is kinda slow but once you get deeper into season 2 it really picks up but by the time season three hits it truly is brilliant from there on in.

12. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    a couple things off topic for a minute, 1. did you know that Gremlins was originally like a 3 hr film? so was Joe Dante's next Film the classic (1985) film Explores. that one surprisingly bombed at the box office. my source ? the audio commentary check it out i have Gremlins on blu-ray but it's on i think 4K now or is coming to 4K i forget which or when. 2ndly. this is the film that made me Dick Miller fan. :) 3rdly if i recall Joe Dante said something along the lines of he had filmed a lot of footage of Hoyt Axton walking around like he does at the start of the film, so much so that he cut a lot of that out, that i get i can't remember what else he said though.
    4thly, did you know they have a cartoon coming out about Gremlins? it takes place years before the 1st film before Keye Luke the guy who played Grandfather i think it takes place when he was a boy.

5thly they are working on a 3rd film which will if IMDB is will be a 3rd film i dunno who will be in it other than our Billy but sadly Dick Miller won't since he died at the start of the year,

as for Knots Landing, i haven't watched it lately it's been a few days but i gotta be in the mood for it just like any show/movie/book/ or music i'm weird like that. it's funny how in Dallas i'm at Feb of (1980) and on Knots i'm in i think December of (1980) and Knots had a pretty Strong Pilot actually i think the show was just really slow moving in the 1st season, not that i'm saying each episode was utter crap they weren't Larry Hagman's 1st appearance was a medicore episode to be honest. and than you have Gary at the end of the season have a 2 part of episode where he goes back to drinking for a short while, well those were good episodes i think. season 2 did have a strong episode opener with Sid being accused of Rape.

i do agree on why they Fired Richard he should never have bribed that girl if he wanted to get Sid off.