1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ultimate Continuation Idea

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jul 21, 2019.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 8 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    John Ross Ewing III: (based on Jock Ewing), after taking over Ewing Global and the Southfork Ranch, divorcing Pamela and becoming everything Jock and Ellie hoped for, loving the land and a ruthless billionaire running Ewing Industries (based on Kock Industries) with his brother Bo (Calley’s son and a supporting role). - the do what he has to do good guy
    [​IMG]

Kristina “Krisie” Carrington Ewing: (based on Jackie Kennedy), John Ross meets the daughter of Blake and Krystal Carrington via her college (Bryn Mawr) roommate, Betsy Ewing, John Ross’s cousin. She seems to know everyone, traveling in the world’s highest circles from her boarding school days in Switzerland to her prominent siblings. Kristina lived in a NYC Chelsea townhouse and ran the Carrington Museum (based on the Whitney Museum) - and still spends a great of time in NYC, as well as Switzerland and the South of France (Fallon is the CEO of Carlton Hotels and Resorts, Steven is a Senator from CO, Adam is the retired CEO of DC Glencoe (an Australian mining corporation Ewing Industries buys and he ends up owning 16% of Ewing Industries) and Amanda is the Queen of Moldova). The mansion is open to the public but the family still use it for gatherings (filming on location a few times). John Ross can’t help but be impressed by her and falls in love with the girl everyone loves and has children (John “Jay” Ross Ewing IV, Steven “Steve” Clayton Ewing and Kenneth “Kenny” Blake Ewing. - the loving princess
    [​IMG]

Betsy Ewing: (based on a combination of Alexis, Abbey and Angela) John Ross’s cousin, married to Kevin Channing, who along with his brother, Michael, is the heir to the Seer of ‘Ciso, Richard Channing (based on Warren Buffet). She’s hell bent on pulling the family her Uncle JR pulled apart together. She orchestrated the marriage of John Ross and Kristina and is working in the perfect match for Bo, Meg McKenzie. John Ross always has his cousins back, though he shouldn’t. She built a house on the Southfork property where Kevin creates a Texas vineyard and winery. They have a marriage like Frank and Claire Underwood (House of Cards), where he’s a Senator from California and she lives between Texas and D.C. She of course doesn’t work because Ewing’s don’t work (John Ross works out of the house running his “Empire” and Kristina works with the Carrington Foundation based on the Ford Foundation) - the alluring bitch
    [​IMG]

A jet set cast combing the Big 4 soaps of the 80’s, at least they’re young children, with guest stars of original the characters: Sue Ellen (mother/grandmother), Aunt Donna (former Secretary of Energy), Aunt Abbey (former Ambassador to Japan and Taiwan), Greg Sumner (former Senator from California and Presidential nominee), Val and Gary (mom and dad, grandma/grandpa), Richard Channing (father-in-law), Krystal (momma) and Joan Collins (role model), etc.

Add:

Bradley Copper: President of the United States bought and paid for by John Ross and Beaty
    [​IMG]

Steven Seagal: Russian American businessman with ties to the Russian mob and the Kremlin
    [​IMG]

Kam Fong: Chinese billionaire with ties to the Triad and to Steven Seagal
    [​IMG]

This time the world might not survive the Cold War.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Dallas II

A group of gossipy socialites gather around a table in a bright, sunny, Dallas restaurant.

“Did you hear Kristina Ewing is back in town from Moldova?”

“Did you see the pictures of her nephew’s investiture?”

“What a gorgeous family.”

“Oh my and John Ross. How do some girls get so lucky?”

“My sons in preschool with Jay.”

“All three of their boys are gorgeous. John Ross Ewing the forth . . .”

“Steve and Kenny.”

“I heard that his cousin Betsy set them up.”

“Oh my, yes. She came to town and ran his first wife out on a rail, the whole Barnes clan. Chris was recuperating from a fire and her father was in a Mexican prison. John Ross ended up with the company, sharing it with his brother Bo and the ranch, and everyone went running for the hills.”

“I over heard her tell the Governor, they might be right, or they might be wrong, but their Ewing’s and their unstoppable.”

The ladies laugh.

“That sounds like Betsy.”

“Her husband, Kevin Channing, he’s the Senate majority whip giving President Cooper so much trouble.”

“Well the Ewing’s Network didn’t exactly support him.”

“I heard the Ewing’s actually did support President Cooper, just not overtly.”

“Who knows. But, I’ll tell you things certainly are more interesting with them back in Dallas.”

Theme song:

Starting:

Josh Henderson - Jock

Blakey Lively - Miss Ellie

and

Mila Kunis - JR

with

Jamie Dornan (as Kevin Channing) - Sue Ellen

Austin Butler (as Bo Ewing, Cally’s and JR’s son) - Bobby

Madison Pettis (as Jessica “Jesse” Ewing, John Ross daughter when he was 19 from an unseen woman) - Lucy

Wilmar Valderrama (as Mateo Ramos, John Ross’s childhood friend, the son of Teresa, former Navy Seal, ranch hand and Ewing go to man) - Ray

Lin Yun (as Mia Fong, Kam Fong’s daughter and Bo’s love interest) - Pam

Special Guest Stars:

Blair Underwood - Holly Harwood

Lee Byung-hun - Cliff / Digger

and

John Goodman - Jeremy Wendell

3. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Song: Remember When by Alan Jackson and a montage of clips of the 4 shows and all the great loves, the couples that you rooted for, the great times, the births, the tears, the lost love, the found trust. Fade into John Ross walking the ranch with Christina. John Ross in jeans and a flannel shirt, cowboy hats and Jock’s medallion around his neck, hops off his horse, dusting himself off. He helps Kristina down, wearing her English riding clothes, tight beige breeches and white shirt. He then grabs the basket he brought with him and sets up a picnic by the edge of a stream.

Betsy has lunch by the pool alone when Bo walks up from the barns, filthy, on his way to the house. She calls him over, “Bo.” He walks up to her.

“What’s Up Betsy?”

“I heard you were out on the town last night with Mia Fong.”

“What do you have your spy’s following me?”

“No of course not, but I hear about everything that goes on in my town.”

“It was just a casual thing.”

“She ask you or you ask her?”

“I’m not sure why that matters.”

“Her father is Kam Fong.”

“I’m well aware of that.”

“Are you also aware Fong’s father was the sole investor from Hong Kong in your father’s Asian off shore wells. It bankrupted him. He killed himself and Fong pretty much hates you and your brother.”

“I’m not marrying her, Betsy.”

“Oh Lord, let’s hope you don’t.”

Jessica walks up out of the pool in a sexy bikini and says, “Uncle Bo, don’t you know, Betsy will pick your wife when the time is right?” and laughs.

Betsy says, “You think that’s funny, Jessica, but this family has had some disastrous marriages. It might be best to go with arranging them.”

“Oh dear lord,” Bo utters as he walks into the back of the house.

A group of Senators question Donna. The name plate in from of her reads, ‘Donna Dowling, former Secretary of Energy.’

The name plate in front of one of the Senators reads, ‘Kevin Channing, Senator from California.’ He says, “So do I understand you correctly, the current administration is being reckless with the environment as they cut regulations regarding fracking.”

“No. It’s not that simple. Yes they seem to be taking a hatchet to something which requires a surgical knife, but most defiantly these regulations require adjustment.”

“You were once the President of Ewing Oil. Correct?”

“Correct, for a short period.”

“You’ve been President of the Texas Independent Oilmen’s Association and American Independent Energy Association. You’ve been President of Caliban, the international field services company which is now owned by Ewing Industries. You’re currently on the boards of Glenco, the Australian mining company run by Adam Carrington and which was recently was acquired by Ewing Industries and Mirinos Shipping which ships more crude oil over the high seas than any other company and who has also spilled more oil than any other company. Wouldn’t you say your biased in favor of big corporate profits over the environment?”

“No I would not . . .”

Scoffing at her Kevin says, “No of course you wouldn’t.”

John Ross meets up with a ranch hand in barn. “Mateo. You’re back early.”

“How would you know? You’re back late.”

“Oh I guess so. Kristina and I had a picnic together.”

“Beautiful day for it.”

“Defiantly.”

“The hearing broke up sooner than expected.”

“Oh, that’s why you’re back. How did Aunt Donna do?”

“She tried to hold her own but Kevin kept hammering away at her credibility, you know ties to the Ewing’s.”

“No one mentioned his wife is a Ewing.”

“Nope. No one brought up Betsy. I expected to Donna to say something.”

“So did Kevin. But as Betsy doesn’t own any of Ewing Industries, these’s not much of a point.”

“It was mentioned that Donna’s nephews each own forty-two percent of Ewing Industries and her former brother-laws own several billion in the oil under Southfork.”

“And no one mentioned that one of those brother-in-laws is Kevin’s father-in-law?”

“No one.”

John Ross laughs. “Alright then. Just as nothing came of it.”

“Just the whole sale loosening of regulations costing Ewing Industries untold sums of money. Oh it was brought up Grazneft attempted to acquire drilling technology from Wentworth not available to the Russians and that, Ewing Industries as the parent company shut it down without the need of government intervention.”

“Did they mention President Cooper’s connection to Steven Segway?”

“I think it was about to get there when Segal Group’s links to Grazneft was brought up. But it was quickly shut down.”

“Good. We need to keep that on the red files for when we need it.” He pats Mateo on the shoulder and they go back to work.

Five-thirty the family gathers in the living room and John Ross pours the drinks. He hands Kristina a gin and Dubonnet as the three boys run in a bit too rambunctious. Sue Ellen gets them to sit with her on the sofa so she can tell them a story about their Grandpa. They’re excited. Betsy comes in next and they yell, “Betsy, Betsy, come and listen about Grandpa!” Finally Bo walks in. “Uncle Bo. Grandma’s telling us about Grandpa, how he drilled for oil in the ocean. One of the biggest plays ever.”

“Yeah your Grandpa was a legion,” Bo says. “Not a person in Texas didn’t know about JR Ewing.” Bo takes a Bourbon and branch from John Ross. “Heard Donna testified before Congress. They let into her because of her relationship to us.”

“Where’d you hear that?”

Betsy says, “I though he should know what’s going on with the family business.”

“He does. He runs the ranch,” John Ross says.

“I mean the oil business.”

“I know what you mean, but we’ve got people to worry about the oil business and the rest of Ewing Industries. So let’s let them do their job and we just enjoy life.”

“Point taken.”

Sue Ellen says, “How about the point of no talking business at dinner?”

“Momma right. So how was your DOA meetin’ this afternoon?”

“Productive. They want me to talk Betsy into joining. But I told them she spends more time in a jet than she does at Southfork. Oh Kristina, thank you for arranging the donation from the Carrington Foundation to underwrite the rodeo for the children. We’re gonna arrange it so every school age child in Dallas and Braddock counties can attend.”

“That’s good news momma. That why there extending the rodeo?”

“Yes. Dallas Frontier days will be twenty-three days this year.”

“Twenty-three days Southfork will be over run by stranger. Whoppie,” Betsy mocks excitement.

John Ross says, “The Rodeo here is over a hundred year tradition. It’s got to be one of the biggest in the nation.”

Kristina announces, “Well I actually agree with Betsy. 10 days was enough. Fifteen was two much. Now you’re past twenty.”

“Thank you, Kristina.”

The family continue their chat as they make their way across the hall to the dinning room where they take their places, John Ross in Jock’s chair.

In the twilight of morning John Ross gathers in his study with Mateo, Betsy and a couple of others. He says, “So far the dip-shit has proven valuable but he still hasn’t signed off on our pipeline.”

“President Cooper looks at it as his one stand up for the environment and plans to make a meal off of it,” one of the others in the room says.

“Yeah well let him find another cause. This one’s important to me.”

“That’s the point. Show he’s not in the pocket of the Ewing’s.”

“Except he is,” Betsy states.

Mateo adds, “And the Russians at the same time. He’s doing a balancing act trying to keep all his masters happy enough to leave him be.”

“Well somebody better let him know I’m not happy enough to let him be.”

“On it,” Mateo says. “The Special Investigator is gonna get some information President Cooper wishes they didn’t have.”

“Good. I’m tired of this pipeline taking up so much of my time. Now buying DC Glenco. Adam Carrington walks away with sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

Another person in the room says, “Everything’s on target.”

“Good. Nice something’s running smoothly.”

Outside a cottage on Southfork Jessica takes leads a young ranch hand inside, where in the one room they find another guy with his shirt off waiting. The first guy says, “What the hell.”

Jessica says, “Oh come on, don’t be a prude.”

“I ain’t doing shit in front of another guy.”

“Yes you are. Come on Tommy. I can handle you both. Be nice.” The second guy comes up and rubs Jessica’s back. Pulling off her shirt as she rubs his chest. “Davy’s cute don’t you think.”

“No I don’t think. If this gets out.”

“It won’t.” Jessica puts Tommy’s have on Dave’s chest. Tommy attempts to pull away. Jessica says, “Pretty please. I want to see you touch him. He’s so yummy. You’re so yummy. Please Tommy.”

In a hotel room Bo rolls around in bed with a slightly older Asian man.

Walking the property of Southfork away from anyone Betsy says on her phone, “Adam. Everything’s going smoothly on my end . . . Just as long as the trust is in place from day one . . . Don’t let me down Adam . . . Like my grandaddy always said, ‘where there's a way, there's a will,’ and I’ve got the will to do what I have to, to get my hands on sixteen percent of my family’s company . . . That’s good to hear. Just get it done.”

Note: caring change:

Lin Yun (as Mia Fong, Kam Fong’s daughter and Bo’s love interest) - Cliff type character

Takaya Honda (as Fred Fong, Kam’s son and Bo’s love interest) - Pam type character

Lee Byung-hun - Digger type character

4. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Song: Remember When by Alan Jackson and a montage of clips of the 4 shows and all the great loves, the couples that you rooted for, the great times, the births, the tears, the lost love, the found trust. Fade into John Ross walking the ranch with Christina. John Ross in jeans and a flannel shirt, cowboy hats and Jock’s medallion around his neck, hops off his horse, dusting himself off. He helps Kristina down, wearing her English riding clothes, tight beige breeches and white shirt. He then grabs the basket he brought with him and sets up a picnic by the edge of a stream.

Betsy has lunch by the pool alone when Bo walks up from the barns, filthy, on his way to the house. She calls him over, “Bo.” He walks up to her.

“What’s Up Betsy?”

“I heard you were out on the town last night with Mia Fong.”

“What do you have your spy’s following me?”

“No of course not, but I hear about everything that goes on in my town.”

“It was just a casual thing.”

“She ask you or you ask her?”

“I’m not sure why that matters.”

“Her father is Kam Fong.”

“I’m well aware of that.”

“Are you also aware Fong’s father was the sole investor from Hong Kong in your father’s Asian off shore wells. It bankrupted him. He killed himself and Fong pretty much hates you and your brother.”

“I’m not marrying her, Betsy.”

“Oh Lord, let’s hope you don’t.”

Jessica walks up out of the pool in a sexy bikini and says, “Uncle Bo, don’t you know, Betsy will pick your wife when the time is right?” and laughs.

Betsy says, “You think that’s funny, Jessica, but this family has had some disastrous marriages. It might be best to go with arranging them.”

“Oh dear lord,” Bo utters as he walks into the back of the house.

A group of Senators question Donna. The name plate in from of her reads, ‘Donna Dowling, former Secretary of Energy.’

The name plate in front of one of the Senators reads, ‘Kevin Channing, Senator from California.’ He says, “So do I understand you correctly, the current administration is being reckless with the environment as they cut regulations regarding fracking.”

“No. It’s not that simple. Yes they seem to be taking a hatchet to something which requires a surgical knife, but most defiantly these regulations require adjustment.”

“You were once the President of Ewing Oil. Correct?”

“Correct, for a short period.”

“You’ve been President of the Texas Independent Oilmen’s Association and American Independent Energy Association. You’ve been President of Caliban, the international field services company which is now owned by Ewing Industries. You’re currently on the boards of Glenco, the Australian mining company run by Adam Carrington and which was recently was acquired by Ewing Industries and Mirinos Shipping which ships more crude oil over the high seas than any other company and who has also spilled more oil than any other company. Wouldn’t you say your biased in favor of big corporate profits over the environment?”

“No I would not . . .”

Scoffing at her Kevin says, “No of course you wouldn’t.”

John Ross meets up with a ranch hand in barn. “Mateo. You’re back early.”

“How would you know? You’re back late.”

“Oh I guess so. Kristina and I had a picnic together.”

“Beautiful day for it.”

“Defiantly.”

“The hearing broke up sooner than expected.”

“Oh, that’s why you’re back. How did Aunt Donna do?”

“She tried to hold her own but Kevin kept hammering away at her credibility, you know ties to the Ewing’s.”

“No one mentioned his wife is a Ewing.”

“Nope. No one brought up Betsy. I expected to Donna to say something.”

“So did Kevin. But as Betsy doesn’t own any of Ewing Industries, these’s not much of a point.”

“It was mentioned that Donna’s nephews each own forty-two percent of Ewing Industries and her former brother-laws own several billion in the oil under Southfork.”

“And no one mentioned that one of those brother-in-laws is Kevin’s father-in-law?”

“No one.”

John Ross laughs. “Alright then. Just as nothing came of it.”

“Just the whole sale loosening of regulations costing Ewing Industries untold sums of money. Oh it was brought up Grazneft attempted to acquire drilling technology from Wentworth not available to the Russians and that, Ewing Industries as the parent company shut it down without the need of government intervention.”

“Did they mention President Cooper’s connection to Steven Segway?”

“I think it was about to get there when Segal Group’s links to Grazneft was brought up. But it was quickly shut down.”

“Good. We need to keep that on the red files for when we need it.” He pats Mateo on the shoulder and they go back to work.

Five-thirty the family gathers in the living room and John Ross pours the drinks. He hands Kristina a gin and Dubonnet as the three boys run in a bit too rambunctious. Sue Ellen gets them to sit with her on the sofa so she can tell them a story about their Grandpa. They’re excited. Betsy comes in next and they yell, “Betsy, Betsy, come and listen about Grandpa!” Finally Bo walks in. “Uncle Bo. Grandma’s telling us about Grandpa, how he drilled for oil in the ocean. One of the biggest plays ever.”

“Yeah your Grandpa was a legion,” Bo says. “Not a person in Texas didn’t know about JR Ewing.” Bo takes a Bourbon and branch from John Ross. “Heard Donna testified before Congress. They let into her because of her relationship to us.”

“Where’d you hear that?”

Betsy says, “I though he should know what’s going on with the family business.”

“He does. He runs the ranch,” John Ross says.

“I mean the oil business.”

“I know what you mean, but we’ve got people to worry about the oil business and the rest of Ewing Industries. So let’s let them do their job and we just enjoy life.”

“Point taken.”

Sue Ellen says, “How about the point of no talking business at dinner?”

“Momma right. So how was your DOA meetin’ this afternoon?”

“Productive. They want me to talk Betsy into joining. But I told them she spends more time in a jet than she does at Southfork. Oh Kristina, thank you for arranging the donation from the Carrington Foundation to underwrite the rodeo for the children. We’re gonna arrange it so every school age child in Dallas and Braddock counties can attend.”

“That’s good news momma. That why there extending the rodeo?”

“Yes. Dallas Frontier days will be twenty-three days this year.”

“Twenty-three days Southfork will be over run by stranger. Whoppie,” Betsy mocks excitement.

John Ross says, “The Rodeo here is over a hundred year tradition. It’s got to be one of the biggest in the nation.”

Kristina announces, “Well I actually agree with Betsy. 10 days was enough. Fifteen was two much. Now you’re past twenty.”

“Thank you, Kristina.”

The family continue their chat as they make their way across the hall to the dinning room where they take their places, John Ross in Jock’s chair.

In the twilight of morning John Ross gathers in his study with Mateo, Betsy and a couple of others. He says, “So far the dip-shit has proven valuable but he still hasn’t signed off on our pipeline.”

“President Cooper looks at it as his one stand up for the environment and plans to make a meal off of it,” one of the others in the room says.

“Yeah well let him find another cause. This one’s important to me.”

“That’s the point. Show he’s not in the pocket of the Ewing’s.”

“Except he is,” Betsy states.

Mateo adds, “And the Russians at the same time. He’s doing a balancing act trying to keep all his masters happy enough to leave him be.”

“Well somebody better let him know I’m not happy enough to let him be.”

“On it,” Mateo says. “The Special Investigator is gonna get some information President Cooper wishes they didn’t have.”

“Good. I’m tired of this pipeline taking up so much of my time. Now buying DC Glenco. Adam Carrington walks away with sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

Another person in the room says, “Everything’s on target.”

“Good. Nice something’s running smoothly.”

Outside a cottage on Southfork Jessica takes leads a young ranch hand inside, where in the one room they find another guy with his shirt off waiting. The first guy says, “What the hell.”

Jessica says, “Oh come on, don’t be a prude.”

“I ain’t doing shit in front of another guy.”

“Yes you are. Come on Tommy. I can handle you both. Be nice.” The second guy comes up and rubs Jessica’s back. Pulling off her shirt as she rubs his chest. “Davy’s cute don’t you think.”

“No I don’t think. If this gets out.”

“It won’t.” Jessica puts Tommy’s have on Dave’s chest. Tommy attempts to pull away. Jessica says, “Pretty please. I want to see you touch him. He’s so yummy. You’re so yummy. Please Tommy.”

In a hotel room Bo rolls around in bed with a slightly older Asian man.

Walking the property of Southfork away from anyone Betsy says on her phone, “Adam. Everything’s going smoothly on my end . . . Just as long as the trust is in place from day one . . . Don’t let me down Adam . . . Like my grandaddy always said, ‘where there's a way, there's a will,’ and I’ve got the will to do what I have to, to get my hands on sixteen percent of my family’s company . . . That’s good to hear. Just get it done.”

Note: caring change:

Lin Yun (as Mia Fong, Kam Fong’s daughter and Bo’s love interest) - Cliff type character

Takaya Honda (as Fred Fong, Kam’s son and Bo’s love interest) - Pam type character

Lee Byung-hun - Digger type character

——————————————————

Late afternoon John Ross comes running down the stairs. Kristina following him. “What’s going on?”

“There’s a fire out in section sixteen.”

John Ross rubs out the back of Southfork and jumps in a Southfork truck, racing away from the house.

He comes to a stretching halt and jumps out. Quickly assessing the situation, several ranch hands manning hoses aimed at the blaze. He approaches one. “Give it to me. You go take my truck to the house. Get my family off Southfork.”

Mateo approaches, “Taken care of. Give that hose back to him and let’s get you outta here.”

“You get to my family. I’m putting you in charge, Mateo. Get the hell out of here.”

“Not without you.”

“I ain’t leaving my ranch. And you’re gonna take care of my family. Now get.”

Kristina walks down stairs with the kids. Servers carry boxes. She hands the boys to Mateo. “I’ll be right back. Look after them.” She wakes up stairs. Mateo takes them and heads out the front door. Bo join him, promising the kids they’ll be on the beach by this evening.

In her room Kristina packs pictures of her mother and father. She then sits on her bed and takes a rosary out of the night stand and says, “Kevin gave this to me.”

In the door way Betsy says, “He gives ‘em to everyone. Reminds him of his grandmother.”

“You know this was your grandma’s room? The one side of the house was your great grandparents house, like a story and half cottage, right over the place Enoch Southworth built by hand. I know it’s not my family, but it’s my home.”

“It’s gonna stand. And if it don’t, we’ll rebuild and won’t ever notice the difference.”

Kristina chuckles. “That’s what I like about you. Nothing stands in your way. I remember when you introduced me to John Ross, people were telling me how Pamela was in a mental institution and you drove her there. You somehow forced her father to sell his share of Ewing Global and how I should watch out for you.”

“People like to talk.”

“Christopher. Bobby. Sue Ellen.”

“Arrogant. They thought somehow just because they weren’t JR, that everything they did was right. They tore thus family apart every bit as much as JR did. I just helped John Ross finance buying the loan Carlos DelSol made to Uncle Bobby and Aunt Sue Ellen. He took care of the rest.”

“Making sure they couldn’t pay off the loan.”

“Something like that. I did the same thing for my brother Bobby. I arranged a loan for him to buy Westfork.”

“There’s a lot people say about you, but no one can say you don’t put your family first.”

“At least my brother and cousins. Real Ewing cousins, anyway.”

Kristina chuckles. “You don’t like Christopher very much.”

“Arrogant little prick. But that’s just my opinion. Uncle Bobby pisses me off, turning his back on Lucas. At least Grandpa didn’t know Ray was his, which is why they’re Krebs’s. But Bobby knew and walked away from his son. I’ve tried to help Lucas. So’s Margret, but Lucas is so full of bitterness. Can’t blame him.”

“But you blame Bobby.”

“Of course. You l’ll get to Lucas one day. You’ll see. And he’ll move to Southfork.”

“You has John Ross but the Wade ranch, and everything between here and there.”

“Of course. This is all family land. One day Lucas will see that.”

“And John Ross’s brother, James, and his sister?”

“A Beaumont and a Harwood. Like Molly Whittaker. When you’re wealthy, there’s always someone trying to get a piece of you. Ewing men are weak, if you hadn’t noticed, not John Ross, or Grandpa, but the rest.

“Your grandfather had an illegitimate son, Ray, and John Ross has a couple of illegitimate children, Jessica, Andres.”

“Yea well, no ones perfect. We all have our moments of weakness.”

“And you?”

“My mother taught me how to be strong, and right and wrong. I never worried about my next meal, or if I was loved, or if my daddy would protect me. I had the luxury to take all those things for granted. My father was always sober, despite what I was told about his past. And one thing I can guarantee the world, someone or something tries to interfere with my family, they’ll never forget me. I won’t be forgotten and I won’t let any harm come to my family. So get your things and let’s get out of here. Right now. Those children need their mother.”

“And John Ross?”

“Soon as I get you out of here, I’ll go get him.”

“He won’t come with you.”

“Then I’ll stay with him.”

“Thank you Betsy. Thank you.”

Betsy helps Kristina up. “No one gets left behind. No one.” Kristina tries to talk about not being able to leave. “Listen. My daddy spent his whole life running. We’re not running. We’re stepping away and letting nature take its course. We’ll be back. And handle anything they throw at us.”

“But . . . “

“But nothing. We’re Ewing’s. Now let’s get out of here.”

A private jet takes off from Southfork, leaving the mansion behind and an out of control wild fire.

John Ross, Bo and Mateo battle the wildfire along with various ranch hands and helicopters below.

In an mid California restaurant overlooking the ocean Bobby shakes Kam Fong’s hand, introducing each other to a meeting Fong arranged. Kam says, “Let me be clear Mr. Ewing, I’m well aware of what your family is capable of justifying. Right before your brother lost his off shore Asia oil he accepted an offer from my father for Ewing Oil’s remaining twenty-five percent. I’m told that’s not how Ewing Oil saw it. They took it as a loss.”

“Yes they did. Along with many of our friends.”

“I can only assume your brother put my father’s money in his own pocket.”

“So your father lost big on JR’s scheme. He wasn’t the only one .”

“Wasn’t the only one to kill himself over it, so I hear.”

“I thought you wanted to meet regarding the Ewing Process.”

“Yes. Your son’s process for bringing up incredible stores of methane.”

“Like I told you, Ewing Energies owns the process and Ewing Industries owns Ewing Energies.”

“And your nephews own Ewing Industries. Or most of it. Adam Carrington just acquired sixteen percent when he sold them DC Glenco. I can get you that sixteen percent.”

“That’s why I’m here.”

“But I should also be clear. Your son’s research caused a lot of damage in Southeast Asia. Caused a tsunami. Killed about sixteen thousand people.”

“What? No that’s not true.”

“It is. Mr. Ewing I don’t care anymore about those people than you do. So it doesn’t stand in my way from proceeding. I just want all the facts on the table.”

“No. No Christoper wouldn’t have done that. I mean maybe an accident, but he’d take responsibility. He certainly wouldn’t proceed with it, after something like that.”

“Well he did. Your nephew is too afraid to proceed. That’s why he shelved the project. I’m not. Nor it appears is your son. I’m not interested in revenge for what your brother did to my father. He was a fool. But I want it clear. I am not. I help you get sixteen percent of Ewing Industries, you use it as leverage to get the Ewing Process away from them. Then I can provide the financing you need to move forward. Ewing Methane could become one of the world’s largest corporation and I want in. Sixty percent.”

“I’ll have to talk to Christopher.”

“You do that. But I’ll need to know tomorrow. Otherwise I’ve got to find an alternative route to get it done.”

Steven Seagal shoots skeet off the port of his ship. Alexis walks out as he’s finished. “Excellent shot, Mr. Seagal.”

“Welcome Mrs. Colby. Thank you for joining me. I heard we’re interested in the same thing. Your son’s sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

“The DC part of DC Glenco stands for Denver Carrington. My son pieced together what was left of his father’s business and merged it with the Austrian company, Glenco. Now everything is owned by the Ewing’s. I simply want to buy the name. I made an offer.”

“Yes you did. An offer which was declined. DC Glenco also took ColbyCo away from you. The company includes the assets of ColbyCo and Colby Enterprises after a could of very nasty take overs.”

“Not nasty from my perspective. I was happy to see my son succeed. And succeed he did. Sixteen percent of Ewing Industries and no stockholders is very impressive. I’m sure you’d agree.”

“Of course. But he’s not able to get you the name. I’m told you were disappointed when the company, through your son, donated the house, along with several million dollar for upkeep, to public use. They call it the Blake and Krystal Carrington House.”

“I don’t discuss my personal life with strangers, Mr. Seagal, I’m sure anymore than you do. Of course if you’d like to discuss your son’s marriage to the daughter of the Tzar of Russia, maybe we might find we share a great deal in common.”

“I’m certain we do. And Russia is a democracy. He is the elected President.”

“Oh so we’re going to lie to each other. That’s no way to build a close friendship.”

“It’s no more a lie than your statement about you being, what was it, happy, to see your son own everting.”

“It wasn’t a financial disaster for anyone of us.”

“No. No it wasn’t. Everyone, including your self received large checks. But it’s not about the money is it. It’s about the power. Running ColbyCo gave you power. Power you no longer have. But like I said to you on the phone, I can help you acquire what you want, if you can help me. Ewing Industries owns the Ewing Process for methane extraction.”

“And you want me to help you get it, because as a foreigner your company would never be aloud technology considered so valuable to American interests.”

“That’s correct.”

“Let’s talk.”

The fire rages on at Southfork.

5. Jabari Lamar

Jabari Lamar Soap Chat Member EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +106
    For the record, I've only read the first post with the series pitch (just sneaking online during my break at work), not any of the follow up script posts. From what I've seen I'd say that I could quibble a bit about some of the details that I would do differently, but I won't bother. I'll just say the concept is fantastic! Basically one new soap that features characters from the next generation of all the classic 80's soaps, united by the son of J.R. Ewing and daughter of Blake Carrington, that would be awesome. And certainly, just from a "credibility" perspective, it certainly makes sense that the Ewings and Carringtons would be aware of each and likely had some connections at least through business, if not socially, as they were both in the oil business. So it could definitely work.

Coincidentally, over the weekend as I’d been thinking a little more about my pitch for a Dallas reboot, I’d also thought of how cool it would be if all four of the soaps could be rebooted on the same network, and this way we could tie them in from the beginning, with occasional crossovers between shows and characters from one making guest-appearances on the other, and this same Ewing/Carrington connection is what I envisioned as the most obvious way to tie Dallas and Dynasty together. And then I figured that the location of Knots Landing could be moved from L.A. to San Francisco, so that that show could be easily connected to Falcon Crest (I figured maybe Greg Sumner and Richard Channing were ex business partners, or Gary gets a job running a wine distribution company which sells FC wines).

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    I should say I only watched a bit of Dynasty and Knots Landing, certainly nothing compared to Dallas and Falcon Crest - so anything you want to argue with I’d appreciate.

7. Jabari Lamar

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Oh, it’s just the standard philosophical disagreement that you and have over how much a continuation of Dallas should focus on J.R.’s line through John Ross vs. including Bobby’s legacy. So the main thing I’d change is replacing “Bo” with Christopher, and having him and John Ross running Ewing Industries together. And I’d have him married to a Channing. I recall from the ending of FC, it was announced that Emma had recently given birth to a daughter whom she named Angela. And since it’s highly unlikely that should have given her Charlie’s last name, that daughter would Angela Channing, like her grandmother. Born in 1990, she’d be 29 now, so I’d have her married to Christopher.

Although another candidate would be the child that Pilar and Lance were having when the show ended, who could also be a daughter and would be around the same age. Although it’s more likely that that daughter would still be in SF at least partially running Falcon Crest (since that was the agreement Angela agreed to, to convince Lance to stay, she put in her Will that half FC would go to him and the other half to Richard’s children). Either way, with that change I’m not sure we’d really need Betsy as a major character on the show, as the Channing connection to the Ewings is now established by Christopher’s marriage.

8. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    I get your point but such would change a lot of the general idea. I was attempting to also match the original Dallas so that Bo’s love interest (in this case a guy) would be an issue and while John Ross and Bo would fight they’d still be brothers who find a way to care about each other. Cousins aren’t the same and the way they played it in TNT Chris would have to be a much better person, more like original Bobby. The reason for Betsy is to focus on one from each of the 4 shows and to create a female villain (JR in the form of a woman, a bit Abbey, a bit Angela, a bit Alexis). So if I were to go with Chris I wouldn’t go with John Ross. Of the 4 main characters, I think one should come from each show, the rest make guest appearances, and the rest be all knew. I do plan on Chris making a guest appearance. At least that’s the concept.

9. Jabari Lamar

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +106
    See that's a main point I disagree on. I think considering how they were raised, the John Ross/Christopher dynamic could work just as well as J.R./Bobby did. Brothers, cousins, it doesn’t matter, they’re family (and actually biologically related, through Sue Ellen), that’s what’s important. It just wasn’t written well in DallasTNT.

10. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    I’ll agree it wasn’t written well in TNT and that their version is what drives me to more of a John Ross / Bo combination.

11. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Vacationing in the Greek Isles, a lunch set up on the beach, table, chairs, the boys playing in the water, Kristina sits watching.

Steven approaches. “Mrs. Ewing.”

“Yes.”

“I’m Steven Seagal. I thought I should introduce myself. That’s my boat right out there. I hear about the fire at your ranch in Texas.”

“I’m told everything turned out just fine. I’m sorry though, I don’t recognize your name.”

“No. No. Of course not. I’m a business associate of your husband’s.”

“You’re in the cattle business?”

“Oh. My husbands retired from oil.”

“Of course. I have a business I’ve relocated to New York. The Seagal group. You’re a bit of a legion there, socially, I hear. I am also invested in Trident.”

“The super major?”

“Yes. You know the oil business as well?”

“No. But I am familiar with giant corporations such as Trident.”

“You’ve been left alone to take care of the kids, while your husband takes care of the ranch.”

Betsy says behind him, “Of course she’s not been left alone.”

“Betsy Ewing. We’ve meet before.”

“Of course we have. You’re invested in oil. I have a particular interest in oil.”

“But you’re retired too.”

Betsy laughs. “No. I’ve never worked a day in my life. My grandfather was Jock Ewing.”

“Oh. I guess that explains it. Well if either of you would like to come over on my boat.”

“We won’t,” Kristina says. “But thank you for the offer.”

In the Oval Office Kevin is among a handful of legislators listening to the President talk about his energy policy and complete American self-reliance. Kevin looks on with disdain. He then says, “I want to introduce you all to a friend of mine, University of Michigan engineering professor Dr. Christopher Ewing. Senator Channing, I believe you’re married to his cousin.”

Kevin sits up, stretches and shakes Christopher’s hand. “Yes. Chris and Betsy are cousins. How’s your father doing?”

“Well, considering. And Gary.”

“Very well. He spends his days on West Fork, so it’s quite. And, Val’s out on tour. So you’re the expert advisor.”

President Cooper says, “Dr. Ewing believes with an abundant supply of methane, things like furnace conversions, whole house generators in rural structures, even cars, could easily run on the far cheaper and cleaner fuel. The problem is Ewing Industries sits on his Ewing Process technology.”

“I’m not sure what legislatively we could do to address such a situation.”

Chris says, “Then we need some non legislative solutions.”

John Ross and Betsy survey the damage to the ranch. “Could have been a lot worse.”

“Especially with you two out here right in its face. You could have been killed.”

“I can’t ask someone to do something I wouldn’t do.”

“That’s the American way.”

“Well it’s not my way.”

“I suppose. Listen. I heard Fong meet with Uncle Bobby. Rather public meeting.”

“Heard the same thing. But Uncle Bobby’s not the type to meet in the shadows.”

“He wants his help getting at Adam’s sixteen percent of Ewing Industries so they can get at the Ewing Process.”

“That’s not gonna happen.”

“I know he’s your brother-in-law but that guy carries a lot of baggage.”

“Been doing your homework.”

“Of course.”

“And you’ve got the situation under control.”

“Of course. Don’t you think it goes against your father’s masterpiece? He left Ewing Industries to you and Bo, giving you the tools acquire everything. Carlos DelSol makes the loan to Uncle Bobby and Aunt Sue Ellen. Through which you acquire Ewing Global, which includes all the Barnes Wentworth assets. You build a friendship with Senator Judith Brown, which gives you Harris Ryland’s company, which controls the shipping of the independents in Texas. Also got their black box along with the Ewing’s red file. And Ryland’s CIA contacts to form your own mercenary company, Branch Water. You got West Star. DC Glenco wasn’t part of the plan, so you’ve said.”

“I completed my father’s masterpiece. Now it’s time for mine. He wanted my brother and I to work together. Bo’s not interested in business. My father set up trust funds for James and his kids, and my sister. He should have done the same with Bo.”

“I’d agree.”

“I ended up having to share my half of his third of Southfork’s oil with Bo.”

“At least grandma’s trust ended up turning all of Southfork over to you, and you alone.”

“No thanks to Uncle Bobby, who tried to sell it out from under me. No I don’t begrudge Bo, but the idea of a fifty fifty split with him doesn’t set well with me. You I can count on. You get Adam’s sixteen percent and I’ll feel a lot happier about control of Ewing Energies.”

“Richard’s arranged the financing.”

“Helps to have a father-in-law with such deep pockets. Listen, I’ve lined up Jack Wexler to run Ewing Industries for us.”

“Vice President Wexler.”

“Also former Secretary of Energy. He’s the perfect man for the job.”

“Yea. I agree. How’d you snag him?”

“With a little help from Senator Brown.”

“Excellent.”

Jessica changes in a crowded back

stage for a fashion show event. Trembling she pops several pills. Someone yells at her to hurry up, she’s on soon.

Bo sits at a small table having lunch with Fred Fong next to the window of a high rise apartment with a view of the Dallas skyline. Fred says, “I’m just saying it’s foolish. I know the ranch means a lot to you, but you did t actually have to be fighting that fire yourself.”

“I’m really getting sick of people telling me what I should be doing. I’ve got John Ross expecting be to take an interest in the company. You telling me shouldn’t be fighting fires. My mother wants me back in Florida. Can’t you all live your life and let me live my own?”

“It’s just we care about you. Your father left you half of Ewing Industries. Shouldn’t you be interested?”

“Why? He left John Ross a bunch of things to accomplish, which he did. He didn’t leave anything for me. Just left me shares and a note telling me his wish that I’d get along with my brother. Well I do.”

“I think John Ross just wants you to feel like you’ve got some purpose in life. Maybe rise up to your potential.”

“He’s dividing up Southfork. He’s keeping the house, setting up a charitable foundation and giving it the land and cattle operation he’s selling to Ewing Industries. He’s bought four others. Wants me to be the President of the Southfork Cattle Company.”

“There you go.”

“I don’t want an office job. I don’t even want to run the one ranch, let alone five of them from Wyoming to Florida. No, I just want to work on Southfork.”

“And that’s it?”

“And be with you. Maybe have kids one day. Why’s life got to be more than that? It’s not like I need the money.”

“That’s true.”

Mia Fong shakes Bobby’s hand and they sit down on the back porch of a farm in Michigan. “Thank you for meeting with me Mr. Ewing. Your son needs your help to piece together what happened as he was in the hospital at the time, for I believe well over a year.”

“Close to two. Nothing happened, or lead anywhere, as to who set the explosion, but I think it was Nicholas Trevino. But he’s serving life in prison for other charges, money laundering and things like that, along with Elena Ramos, so that’ll have to do.”

“No I mean with the company, Ewing Global.”

“Oh. Well, Sue Ellen and I borrowed money from Carlos DelSol to buy a controlling interest in the company. Carlos sold that loan to Ewing Industries, a company I didn’t even know existed, which my brother, JR, left to his son’s. John Ross made it impossible for us to pay the loan so he took his shares and then sold everything to Ewing Industries and paid the rest of the minor shareholders off.”

“The minor shareholders being his x-wife Pamela Barnes, your son Christoper, and Cliff Barnes.”

“That’s right.”

“Pamela had her Aunt Katherine Wentworth’s shares, though Katherine isn’t dead, but in a mental institution in Switzerland living off a trust her brother set up for her. Pamela’s also in a mental institution, here in Texas, that John Ross set up for her.”

“That’s correct.”

“Christopher had his mother’s shares, but turns out no one knows what happened to her. You were lead to believe she died, but didn’t after all. Your brother was attempting to figure it out.”

“Yes. JR only got so far. We thought we knew.”

“And Cliff Barnes, he’s been moved from a prison in Mexico to a mental institution as well.”

“Last I heard.”

“Your brother set up a long con, using the mentally unstable Barnes family. I’m told he’s very chummy with Senator Judith Brown and several CIA operatives. That’s how he took control of Ryland. Reigned in Harris Ryland and uses the company to control the Texas independents.”

“That’s what I hear.”

“You also lost Southfork.”

“My mother and her second husband, Clayton Farlow, set up a trust with Southfork. At first she turned it over to me. Then half at the time of JR’s death to John Ross. The other half was to go to him when I died, but he sued me, saying I wasn’t a good steward of the trust as I tried to sell it out from under him and the only reason I got it back was because of JR.”

“You lost that suit. You do have a third of Southfork’s mineral rights, so does your brother Gary. John Ross and Sue Ellen used their third to set up the Ewing Family Foundation.”

“Yes.”

“Which is separate from the Eleanor and Steven Clayton Farlow Foundation, as well as the Sue Ellen Ewing Lockwood Foundation.”

“Yes.”

“And in all this mess, Ewing Industries ended up owning the Ewing Process, pattens for methane drilling.”

“Yes.”

“Along with the technologies of Wentworth Tool and Die, Ewing Industries is sitting in a very powerful position in the oil industry.”

“I’d agree.”

“So powerful the Attorney Generals office is considering breaking them up.”

“So you said. But I don’t get the point of meeting Ms. Fong.”

“To size up your nephew and to see what else the Attorney General’s office can explore regarding your nephews dirty dealings to put together Ewing Industries.”

“I doubt you’ll get anywhere that way. John Ross is pretty through on making sure everything he does is legal. I tried that route when he cut off Ewing Global’s cash flow.”

“Margret Krebs is your niece as well?”

“Yes. My brother Ray’s daughter. Why?”

“She’s one Ewing Industries lobbyist. And a good one. Her mother is a former Secretary of Energy and a Senator.”

“I can guarantee John Ross hasn’t got at Donna. I don’t know about Margret. Unfortunately I don’t know her all that well.”

“Her sister Charlotte Krebs is married to German prince who has helped Industries work out a methane drilling site off shore in the Baltic.”

“I hadn’t heard.”

“No one has. Her brother Lucas Krebs is the President of Ewing Alternative Energies, which is now a Swiss company.”

“Really? I talk to Ray all the time. I’m guessing he doesn’t know any of this. Last I heard Lucas was running a Swiss chemical start up.”

“Still is involved with it. Ewing Industries owns fifty percent. Lucas Krebs own fifty percent. John Ross helped him get rid of his start up partners. I bring this to your attention because it seems a great deal of your family is involved with Ewing Industries. Robert Ewing the second is president of West Star, Ewing Industry’s downstream oil business that’s now head quartered in California.”

“That I was aware of, but it sound like just a title from what Gary tells me.”

“It’s more than a title. He and his sister Betsy have a handful of West Star shares.”

“I didn’t know that. Bobby helped Ewing Oil secure the leases to the Lotus Point oil as well.”

“Really?”

“And your niece, Lucy Ewing, her latest husband sold his share in the electronics company he co-founded, Molar, to Ewing Industries. John Ross merged it with the software company Cyberbyte to form CMX. To be honest with you my father’s company, Sino-Plex sells a great deal of rare earth to CMX.”

“So even your family is tied to Ewing Industries.”

“It’s an octopus with tentacles everywhere. That’s why I need you help. It appears only your son has been cut out. Do you know why?”

A White House diner party includes Steven Segal and Kam Fong. Kevin sits across from the President at a round table, the dinning room filled with round tables. Betsy sits next to him and leave over, saying discreetly, “Wipe that silly southern belle simper off your face.”

“You’re as pleasant as ever.”

“You set me next to you.”

“I believe in keeping my enemies close.”

“I find my enemies take of themselves. Like my daddy always said, ‘keep your eye on your friends.’ It’s sort of Ewing words to live by.”

“I get your point. We were once friends.”

“When were we ever friends with the likes of you?”

Jessica parties at a night club, piping a few pills when Mateo sits next to her. The look on her face is terror.

12. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Mateo pulls Jessica out into the city streets. “I don’t know what the hell you think you’re doing.”

“Leave me alone.”

“Sure. How about I call your mom and dad.”

“I’m an adult. I’ll do what I want.”

“Fine I’ll let them know that too. Because they’re ever so understanding.” Jessica says nothing but gives him a disgusted look. Mateo continues. “Listen Jessica, until the day you die you’ll have a security detail on you. And he’ll report any concern to me. Not everything has to get back to them as long as I think you’re safe. But pill popping. Why?”

“It’s just fun. My friends do it.”

“Really. Your friends. I know you don’t have any friends.”

“What! Yes I do. My friends are in there.”

“You mean those people. Kelly Bishop? The girl who’s boyfriend and then father you slept with, oh and then new boyfriend. She hates you as much as you hate her.”

“What the hell. Do you know everything?”

“Jessica, you don’t like those people. And for good reasons. They’re awful people. Brook Wexler. She used her wedding like a weapon against all of you. Made you miserable. Kelly couldn’t even afford it, but she wasn’t going to tell any of you. And her husband slept with everyone of you. Including her sister. So cut the crap about them being your friends.”

“Well what else am I suppose to do? Birth cows?”

“That’s not a bad idea.”

“Eww.”

“It’s life Jessica.”

She rubs his chest. “Why don’t we go back to my apartment.”

“I’d love to. You’re beautiful and smart and a very carrying person. But I don’t need to be entertained. And I won’t be used by someone who does.”

“What if I just tell my daddy you did?”

“You really think I’m the kind of man you can blackmail?”

“Maybe it’s the pills but I never noticed how hot you are before.”

“I replaced the pills. So it’s defiantly not the pills.”

Getting mad Jessica takes her hands off of him and yells, “Well what the hell am I suppose to do tonight? Sit by myself!”

“Is that it? You don’t want to be alone? How about I come over and we play a game of cards?”

Jessica laughs.

In his study John Ross watches the news. “Mia Fong, Director of the Antitrust Division of the Attorney General’s Office announced a full investigation into the practices of Ewing Industries and their influence over independent oil companies.

In addition the US Defense Department opened an investigation into the sale of protected technology to a Swiss company. Secrecy orders allow U.S. defense agencies to control patents, including those that are privately developed. The Ewing Process of methane gas extraction has been labeled a US Secret. All that’s been released it it’s has to do with Methane extraction. The Patten and Trade Office has the authority to keep patents deemed detrimental to the national security on lockdown. The USPTO’s commissioner of patents has the power to flag patent applications, even those developed by private citizens, for review by government defense agencies, which could request that certain inventions be kept secret. Such is the case here with Ewing Industries. Patents covered by such secrecy orders may be restricted from export, made available only to defense agencies, or even classified.

And finally as a third wave of trouble for the private corporation owned primarily by the Ewing Brothers, the US Energy Department has opened up an investigation into several bids for oil rights on federal land which were awarded to companies connected to Ewing Industries, including Ewing Oil. Bid tampering is suspected . . .”

Betsy says, “It appears we have enemies in high places.”

“Good. Let ‘em come out swinging. If they think the bug put in their ear wasn’t our plant, well that’s their problem, over estimating their abilities.”

“I couldn’t agree more. Where’s Bo?”

John Ross walks out of the back of Southfork to find Bo swimming laps.

Betsy says, “Not many ranches swim before starting work at ten.”

“He’s playing at ranching and his involvement with Fong is dangerous.”

“I can’t believe that bitch opens up an investigation of us when here father is one of the biggest cyber thieves of US secrets. I honestly didn’t think she’d have the guts.”

“Never underestimate hubris.”

On a private jet Mateo says to Jessica, “Do you want to talk about Eric?”

“What? No.”

“I know things haven’t been easy for you. You’ve always been a bit of a partner and your parents aren’t exactingly attentive, but you’ve spun out of control since things fell apart with him.”

“My boyfriend is in prison. They didn’t just fall apart.”

“He murdered someone.”

“It was an accident. He’s got doctors saying the brain trauma of playing football has something to do with it.”

“I’m sure it does Jessica. So’s his self hatred.”

“What? Eric doesn’t hate himself. What are you talking about? He’s an incredible athlete. He came from absolutely nothing and makes millions now. He’s proud of himself. He’s got stuff he endorses and is talking about a clothing line with some designers. Or was. He’s excited about it. You should see all the sketches he’s made.”

“Jessica.”

“He love me. He does.”

“I know he does. You mean everything to him. But you also know you’re not enough.”

“Stop it.”

“Maybe if you confront him. Tell him you support him, even if he doesn’t support himself. Tell him how you feel and that you’re ok with him being gay or bi or what ever he’s going through.”

“No. He loves me.” She begins to cry.

“Yes Jessica, he does. But he’s dealing with more than that. If you love him like you say you do, you’ll except who he is and help him.”

Crying she stutters. “I guess you’re right. But when I’ve asked him before, he’s got so angry. If he is, he defiantly doesn’t want to be.”

“He is. If you need proof I can give it to you right now.”

“No. No. That’s ok.”

“Then let me help you with this. You can’t go on destroying your life over it. Or over parents who are never going to have time for you.”

She sobs in her seat, slouching over on herself. Mateo gets up, onto his knees and holds her.

Betsy meets Bo out in the stables where he’s grooming a horse. “Well, finally awake.”

“Oh Betsy. Yes. I had a long night. But you, I suspect you don’t sleep at all.”

“Me. No. No time for it. Can I talk to you about business? Now you know my feelings. There’s isn’t a reason in the world a Ewing should hold a day job, but for some reason your brothers got a thing about you working for the company and he won’t let up.”

“Well he’ll have to get use to it. Besides one day he’ll have Jay he can push into business and leave me alone.”

“Yeah, well I till then.”

“Until then nothing. Let him go find some hired hand to run the Southfork Cattle Company and leave me alone.”

“Well. I can talk to him. I’m more concerned with the time you spend with the Fongs. Mia’s turning out to be a real bitch.”

“She’s a friend.”

“Yes. And Fred.”

“Leave it.”

“Listen Bo. Why don’t you bring him to dinner tonight? You don’t need to make some grand statement. Just have him show up. We’ll all get the hint.”

“That’s not it Ellie, I’m not hiding anything.”

“Sue Ellen’s speaking to him right now about a charitable donation of art to the museum. Possibly an entire wing and supporting him talking over as the director of the art museum.”

“Director?”

“Kam Fong is also making a substantial contribution of Chinese art, from from prehistory artifacts to contemporary arts. This will really boost his career.”

“Not everyone wants a boost in their career. Some of us are happy mucking our stalls and working with tour groups.”

“Well you do what you want. I’ve got your back. Last thing we need is more family in the business.”

“Why do you care do much, you don’t even own a piece of Ewing Industries?”

“Hobby.”

Steven Segal meets with Adam Carrington in a Sydney high rise. “Mr. Segal. Thank you for your interest. I think your idea for a joint venture between Grazneft and DC Glenco in Siberia is just the kind of thing I’d like to see explore, now that I’ve finished taking the company private.”

“It’s an excellent opportunity for both of us. You’ve adjusted Denver Carrington to the mining business quite well. Your father would be proud you saved his business.”

“Thank you. He acquired the land before all of his financial troubles. They didn’t pan out much for oil production but, well we adjust. Move on.”

“That we do. You made some very interesting financial arrangements to make such happen. Questionable even.”

“Are you here to discuss something other than a deal to mine rare earth in Siberia?”

“I’m also interested in your sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

“Are you?”

“I am. I’d like to make a deal with you to buy those shares.”

In a hotel room Kam Fong gets out of bed naked and walks to the bath room. Betsy sits up in bed. “I hope my beating you yo the post doesn’t spoil our friendship.”

Jam turns around and says “Of course not. I’m impressed. You put together the Ewing Industries deal with DC Glenco and then get your father-in-law to buy him out. Adam gets quarterly payments into his trust and Richard Channing gets sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

“Was rather brilliant. Wasn’t it?”

“Channing Sumer goes public and your husband gets a huge share, even more when his father dies, along with eight percent of Ewing Industries. And since you control the trust Richard Channing put those shares in, you and your cousin, John Ross, control Ewing Industries, regardless of your what your other cousin, Boaz, does. Brilliant.”

“Thank you. I appreciate the compliment, especially coming from you.”

“Just know you’re coming to up set a lot of people over this.” Kam turns and walks into the bathroom.

“Who cares. Nothing they can do. John Ross and I control Ewing Industries. That’s all that matters.”

13. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    Curious of anyone’s general thoughts on a continuation in this manner or at least with the 3 Lorimar shows. I think as a mini series bring back the mid 80’s it wound be a big world wide phenomenon.