my write-up of Knots Landing Season 5

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by TommyK, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TommyK

TommyK Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +50
    New today: my write-up of Knots Landing Season 5, at http://thatsallsiknow.blogspot.com/2018/07/knots-landing-season-5.html. It includes excerpts from my latest interview with that season's Executive Story Editor Richard Gollance (who would become headwriter in Season 6), and it's full of info I've never seen revealed anywhere: about scenes added at the last minute, story-lines added at the last minute, and lots of behind-the-scenes details. Feel free to mosey on over to my blog and give a read.

This is my final Knots essay -- it's my favorite season, and I deliberately saved it till last. It's the only Knots essay I won't be reprinting here; this one was very personal to me, a real expression of my devotion to the show and to this season in particular, and I want to leave it solely at my blog. Writing up all fourteen seasons over the last six years has truly been a labor of love; thanks to all who've been reading and commenting and (hopefully) enjoying. It's meant a lot to me.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Season 05 is when KL died for me. That's when the community spirit left the show. The Cul-De-Sac feeling exited.

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +324
    BTW, Karen and Diana became so unlikable that you didn't give a damn what happened to either of them....

4. Steven Wayne

Steven Wayne Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +38
    TommyK: What you have written about Season Five is the jewel in the crown of your Knots Landing essays. I love how you integrated information from your interview with the writing team in order to shed even more light on what exactly makes this particular season so outstanding. Plus, your analysis is so well written that it remains enjoyable all the way through. Thank you very much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TommyK

TommyK Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Steven, I think this is one of the loveliest comments and compliments I've ever received. Thank you. With Season 5 being both my favorite season and my final essay, I very much wanted it to be, as you put it, "the jewel in the crown." It's so nice to hear that you feel I succeeded. Thank you again.