Nashville's Back!

Discussion in 'Notable TV' started by Jason73, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,705
    Medals:
    I was surprised to find a new episode of Nashville waiting for me on Hulu today. It felt good to catch up with all the characters. The rest of the season plays out starting in January.

A great, soapy promo for the new season:

2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Medals:
    After a promising first episode, I honestly think this show is in the dumps - this is worse than season four!

I find Rayna and Deacon such a bore and they seem to be taking over most of the show with their boring-ass selves. I do kind of like the stalker storyline.

The Maddie storyline is awful. With Clay it's like they came up with a character who can be as many "issues" as possible - he's black and minorities in country music aren't welcome! He has a troubled past! He's mentally ill! HE'S 24 YEARS OLD AND THE BRAT THINKS HER MOM HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEM DATING BECAUSE HE'S BLACK - uhm, you're 17 and illegal.

The Scarlett / Gunnar drama is snooze-worthy, but I guess somewhat realistic that the female lead singer gets the most attention.

Juliette, Avery and Will are non-characters at this point. If they're lucky to even be used they're in two or three scenes. What happened to sarcastic spitfire Juliette?

Layla and Luke are cut, but good riddance, at least that was a good move.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

3. Ray's Lady

Ray's Lady Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +152
    I hope season 5 gets better. So far I'm not too impressed.

4. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,929
    So the reports last summer about Connie Britton's role on NASHVILLE were true. Given the latest turn of events, I really don't see the point of CMT saving the show. Why bring it back at all if they were not able to proceed with the principal leads intact?

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Medals:
    It was pretty clear Connie was done with the show last spring - she was appearing on the talk show circuit slightly before the March return of Nashville and she ended up mentioning everything from her miniscule part in American Crime Story to her fabulous hair except for Nashville. I don't blame her for leaving either - her contract ended when ABC cancelled the show and she signed up to do network tv, not some random little cable channel like CMT. She could've easily not even agreed to return to wrap up Rayna's storyline, so that fans are directing their anger at Connie is a bit much...

6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Medals:
    On a not-"OMG RAYNA IS DEAD" note - what on earth happened to Will?

He's gotten like Gay!Matt on Melrose Place... only worse. It's not only that they won't write for him, they won't even include him in episodes! Apparently Gay!Will is going to be in 5.10 and then in 5.14? I need my hunky Chris Carmack dose.

[​IMG]

I mean, they could at least write a shitty storeline about Will losing his clothes or something.

• Like Like x 2