Nathalie Kelley Interview

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, May 30, 2018.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The interview was a really good read, Nathalie Kelley seems to be a very spiritual women which I like. She definitely speaks like Cristal isn't going anywhere. Blake gets your act together before you lose your wife!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    Here's another interview I found:

https://www.bustle.com/p/in-the-bustle-booth-with-dynasty-star-nathalie-kelley-8521268

A lot of it is the same as the previous one, but there are other interesting tidbits, such as: she loves working with Nicolette Sheridan, and the very first TV character she had a crush on was Grant Show himself (another parallel between Linda Evans and John Forsythe - sort of, at least; I remember Linda once said, during the filming of "Bachelor Father", she was "madly in love" with John). Plus, Miss Kelley thinks Reality TV shows are "the worst." And I agree. X)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Interesting that Nathalie is a fan of the eggplant emoji lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    To be fair, who grew up in the 90s and didn't have a crush on Grant Show?

[​IMG]

Honestly surprised that @Gabriel Maxwell hasn't had several avatars/signatures featuring him yet...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,326
    Oh, I'm so ancient--my crush on him was in the mid-1980s. He played Rick Hyde, token hunk of the daytime soap Ryan's Hope. And yes, that mall-haired woman next him is Yasmine Bleeth, who played his girlfriend Ryan Finelli. Ah, the '80s.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    Me. Course I never saw the original Melrose Place during the 90s, I was too busy watching cartoons. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I was way too young at the time to watch Melrose Place and any of those other prime time shows too. But anyways, there's something in Nathalie's interview that bothers me a lot - I don't like that now she's practically advocating for Blake and Cristal to stay together and she seems to have the dumb notion that somehow Blake is going to wake up and change and be a new man. I'm sorry, but Blake is never going to change. He's always going to stay the same narcissistic sociopath he's always been. If I were Cristal, I'd just divorce him, go back to school, (you can take online classes nowadays), and then get a new job and maybe eventually start her own business. Maybe she can go into the public relations business; she seems to be good at it.

10. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    The season finale had a scene where Blake told Anders that, after Steven and Sam's wedding, that he was going to tell Cristal she was free to leave. It was one of those, "If you really love someone, you'll let them go" kind of deal. Plus, when they were all escaping the fire, Blake went to help Alexis, his notorious ex-wife who caused a majority of his recent problems. Despite all she had done, Blake didn't want her to die a fiery death. And once Alexis had run off and Cullhane put Fallon in Blake's arms, Blake made absolute certain his little girl was safely outside - in spite of all that had just transpired between them. Finally, when Blake realized Steven, Alexis and Cullhane (he didn't know Cristal was in there) he started to charge back in, but was kept back by the small explosion at the door.

All of this, along with other moments over the series, shows that Blake is very much capable of real love. Plus, the fact that Cristal cared at all about Blake being hurt by the fake Adam shows that she still loves him on some level. So there's a sliver of hope the two could reconcile next season. Although the writers would have to work real hard to make it believable.

11. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +315
    To me the real cliffhanger is Blake and Cristal's relationship. I think it's very smart of the writers to set-up several plotlines like this and Melissa revealing she's pregnant that will drive the show forward once the plot regarding the fire is resolved. I do see traces of human decency in Blake from time to time; Blake recalling the Christmas at his father's when he and Thomas argued about Steven playing Peewee football showed his unconditional love for his son. I think this is a "Beauty and the Beast" scenario where Cristal is going to have to melt Blake's heart. This isn't going to happen overnight. I wonder if they're planning something similar to the original show when Krystle and Blake separated but she agreed to work for him. I trust the writers will handle this wisely just as they handled Cristal and Fallon's relationship - they're no longer at each other's throats but they haven't become besties overnight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    How'd that scene go again?

I believe someone suggested a while back that Fallon, being the new CEO, will re-hire Cristal as the head of public relations. Blake is still working at Carrington Atlantic, so this means the two will be on more or less equal footing when it comes to their jobs.

13. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,326
    An interesting thought: would Fallon try to put them into closer proximity at work to play matchmaker? It would certainly be an about-face for Fallon. Then again, she might try to push them back together just to keep Blake from being tempted back into Alexis's bed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    I thought about something like this earlier: remember that tour of 3rd-world countries Cristal was going to send Blake on, but he turned the tables by saying to the press that she was going with him? I imagine said trip would be postponed due to Mrs. Carrington's wounds, but Blake may not be able to put off the trip for very long. And since he already decided to tell Cristal she was free to go, Blake may end up going on the trip alone...

...except Alexis "just so happens" to bump into Blake during his tour and tags along for the remainder. Fallon finds out, and, alarmed that her parents might fall back in love, pulls out all her tricks to charm a newly-healed Cristal into working for Carrington-Atlantic again... and Fallon "just so happens" to work things out so that Cristal has to work a lot with Blake.

15. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Except I don't really see Cristal falling for Fallon's crap again. Especially since Cristal probably still believes that Fallon conspired with her dad to screw her out of her job as COO on purpose. Unless that gunshot wound and smoke inhalation did a lot more damage than anyone might have thought.

Also, why would Fallon be afraid of her parents falling in love again? Wasn't that what she wanted all along - to reunite her family? I would think that with Cristal possibly out of the picture that she'd be working a lot harder to bring Alexis and Blake back together. Also, she doesn't even like Cristal anyway despite of the latter's numerous attempts to bond with her. What could Fallon possibly get out of repairing her father's marriage and reconciling him and Cristal?

16. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,326
    You must have forgotten all the various hate-filled encounters between Alexis and Fallon, including a chilly pool fight. Fallon has shown nothing but suspicion and hatred for her mother since Alexis's return, and has made every effort to foil every one of Alexis's schemes against them. Fallon has been right in just about every instance of her suspicions of her mother being "up to something", and still doesn't even know just how much she is "up to". The last thing she would want is for Alexis to get some kind of reward for all the crap she's pulled on the family over the past month, nor would she want Alexis installing her self in Fallon's home as "Mistress of the Manor".
    Fallon and Cristal meanwhile had come to a sort of uneasy truce, marked by Cristal walking Fallon down the aisle at her (albeit scam-ish) marriage to Jeff. They worked together to get the Athens/Clarke County situation rectified in some way, including a lot of coordinated scheming get the password to Blake's safe. Though a lot of that good will might have been interrupted in the face of Blake's attempts to turn them against one another, one would expect two smart women like C&F to recognize Blake was manipulating them. Fallon got her revenge for his manipulations by stealing his job; I'm guessing she'll hire Cristal as her COO to twist the knife further, but also because she would want someone on her team that feels as she does about correcting the mistakes in the Clarke County fiasco. When Fallon aced Blake out of the CEO job, Cristal should have recognized that Blake and Fallon were not in cahoots against her--because they were sticking knives in each other.

I'm not suggesting C&F are bosom buddies by any stretch; Fallon's upbringing seems to have made it impossible for her to trust anyone who assumes a 'parental' role in her life. But on balance, she would be more receptive (now) to Cristal's attempts at being a friend than she would ever accept Alexis into her life in any role--mostly because Alexis is still as scheming and self-involved as ever, while Cristal has many instances of truly caring about others and trying to do the right thing. It's also "safer" in Fallon's mind because Cristal is "just" a stepmother and can't really push her around and "mother" her in the strange way Alexis tries to. Fallon's real mother would obviously have much greater ability to hurt Fallon since they go back so much further and have so much history. Thus Fallon would erect much stronger defenses against Alexis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I agree that Fallon prefers to have Cristal as an ally than her mother, and that she’s wanting her father to have a taste of his own medicine when it comes to being ‘pushed out’ of heading/running the family business. But Fallon is on Team Blake as a parent; unlike Steven who doesn’t want to pick sides and keeps his own counsel when it comes to dealings with Alexis. Owing to his nature and not to ‘family political’ considerations, Sam won’t pick sides with his parents-in-law, I don’t think – unless Cristal is being hurt over something that’s more than just marital strife. (I think Sam will be more engaged with ‘threats’ from outsiders.)

Likewise, Blake has a hard time trusting his wives.

Which is now why the prospect of turning Blake’s company into a pile of dividable cash appeals to Fallon ....especially if Ms Midas Touch can have her cake and eat it too.

I’m guessing Liam’s rich uncle will have something to say about that.

• Like Like x 1