New CW Dynasty in Atlanta...

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by bmasters9, Sep 5, 2017.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,538
    Dynasty is odd in that they did pay attention to some detail, such as they often bragged how they used real food, some silly gold detail on the foot of Alexis' barstools or a scene where a character was given car keys and they made sure it was car keys to a REAL Mercedes Benz. It just seems like they'd focus on things that barely even appeared on screen but kept missing the bigger picture that the show was a mess.

Even Karen Cellini (Amanda #2) admitted that the producers kept focusing on getting her hair right instead of trying to give her instructions on how to act...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,561
    They knew what they could fix and what not...

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,367
    Medals:
    She was never going to be the best Dynasty actress - and there's nothing wrong with that, not everyone can be the best - but a little more input from the writers & director would have made a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +128
    In the eighties I really believed the Carrington Mansion was in Denver, it wasn't until the arrival of internet that I learnt it was Filoli Mansion from San Francisco. This helped me to "believe" in a Denver setting because I always associated the mansion to the pilot views, the only time it was credible that the Carrington and the Colbys lived in Colorado. That's why I hated so much a scene from season 3 where Krystle drives her car leaving the mansion and you clearly see the main gate is in the middle of a California Road (because it was the real gate of the Arden Villa in Pasadena) https://www.google.es/maps/@34.1318...4!1sdQd8pDkghKjXrMy_VZmf-w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Where was the gate in the middle of the hills or the long road from that gate to the house that Blake's limo in the first ever scene, Krystle going to meet the wedding planer and the cars coming to her wedding drove for so long in the pilot??!!! In just some seconds the producers ruined the "larger than life" vision of the Carrington Mansion established in that pilot and season 1.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    Medals:
    Exactly right. But the producers had probably forgotten about the pilot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,743
    Probably because, from writing to acting to directing, there was nothing else to notice!