Nicollette Sheridan as Alexis

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Alexis, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,380
    I still think they should have killed Alexis in the last scene of episode 15. It would have been THE most outrageous/shocking/surprising soap twist ever shown on television.

Of course Alexis would need a twin-sister (Caress or Sable) and Nicolette could still star in NuDynasty, and in fact doing the exact same introduction all over again (but without the shooting):D

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    Blake (looking down on Alexis's body): "Well, since we already have that hole dug in the backyard...."
    [Church-goers gasp in shock]
    "Hey, we all know they're both headed in the same direction!"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +840
    I think it's a bit early to be throwing mother into lilyponds but this show isn't about subtlety or the slow burn.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet but would I be correct in thinking that all we see of Alexis is her entrance into the church and that "traffic was a bitch" part they showed in the promos? And it'll be next week before we get our first full blown Alexis episode?

4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,515
    This is a joke right? Sorry Dynasty 2.0 fans but this reincarnation now deserves the chop. It's beyond embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +271

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,380
    So close to the big season finale cliffhanger? Absolutely not!
    And Elizabeth Gillies always sounds so cute when she says "thank you for watching Dynasty" so even when I'm feeling negative about the show I wouldn't want this to happen to them.

Besides, I'm still feeling the PAIN caused by the cancellation of that Other NuSoap so I have to consider the NuDynasty fans too.
    The only tv series I've ever had the urge to destroy with my bare hands was Once Upon A Time - and from the very beginning!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,281
    Well it is a soap trope. I don't really mind the heels shot. It's the rest that bugged me.

8. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,281
    So in that second Alexis promo we hear Fallon yell, "he left her our home!" so did Tom really own the Carrington mansion and has Alexis just inherited it? Or have I missed the mark completely?

9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    Yes. In this episode, NS was not shown in the opening titles, but was credited in the "Also Starring" credits that they superimpose over the opening scenes. I'm guessing she will have her image inserted into the opening titles (such as they are) next time they show them.

Nope, Anders (who for some reason is reading the will rather than an attorney) says she inherited the house and all 300+ acres (I forget the exact number, but it's an impressive spread for the Buckhead area of Atlanta). I can understand Tom keeping the estate in his name, since he supposedly built it and likely felt he needed to hold onto the deed in case Blake screwed up and ruined the company. It would also be something to conveniently hold over Blake's head in much the same way Blake was holding that pre-nup thing over Cristal's head. In essence, it was Tom's way of making sure his son never cut him out of his life.

My guess is that Tom and Alexis have been...keeping in touch (take that as you wish) over the years down in Savannah. The place is a total passion pit :cool1. That was her, I believe, who was filming Tom and forcing him to admit he loved Blake, so obviously they had spent time together at his place in Savannah. Depending on when Tom wrote the will, he may have gifted her the estate as a way of destroying Blake's marriage to Cristal, or (if prior to their marriage) a way of forcing a reconciliation of Blake and Alexis.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Plot twist! Cristal and Alexis are besties ...;):)
    nathalie kelley and nicollette sheridan.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,515
    I think you're spot on. In the second trailer Blake says to Alexis, "Go home Alexis." Her response? "As you wish."

Clearly this scene is being acted out in the Church so Alexis has prior knowledge of who owns the Carrington mansion and it's surrounding estate. This informs me she has had some type of relationship (non sexual) with Tom Carrington. And I haven't even watched the series.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,346

There's a synopsis at the end of this vid that mentions Cristal will be trying to keep Alexis away from her crumbling marriage to Blake. So it won't be *entirely* Fallon vs Alexis.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Ladies out and about ... :NI:
    dynasty gals.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +280
    From Entertainment Tonight:

Nicollette Sheridan is making her Dynasty visit count.

The 54-year-old actress made a splash last week as the fabulously vengeful and always fashionable Alexis Carrington, a role made famous by Joan Collins in the original 1980s soap. On Friday's episode, Alexis' unexpected entrance following Grandpa Carrington's funeral throws the entire family into disarray -- in more ways than one. Her grand introduction, though, is just a taste of the wrath she's about to wreak. "That's what she's known for," Sheridan says with a laugh.

Sheridan shared that it was her previous connection with The CW presidentMark Pedowitz (he was head of ABC Studios during Desperate Housewives' run), that brought her to Dynasty in the first place. A meeting with Pedowitz and the producers of the reboot left Sheridan, whose last major TV role was Edie Britt on Housewives, excited Sheridan about the opportunity to inject her own twist to an iconic TV character. "We had such a great creative meeting about who this person was and where she was going to go that I thought, 'This is a perfect home for me,'" she recalls.

Ahead of Friday's episode, Sheridan spoke with ET about stepping into Alexis' sky-high heels, the thrill of ruffling feathers for the Carringtons and teases that the freshman finale will be bonkers (did you really expect anything less?).

ET: What did you like about this version of Alexis Carrington?

Nicollette Sheridan: I love how splashy she is. She's a force to be reckoned with. She's driven by power and money, and the dichotomy of the overwhelming desire to protect her children and to have them flourish. Her returning to reclaim what is rightfully hers is going to be -- I wanted to say something naughty, so let me rephrase that. (Laughs.) It's going to be a journey to embrace. Fasten your seatbelts!

Throughout the season, hints of Alexis have been dropped here and there. How exciting has it been for you to inhabit a character as juicy as this one?

She's challenging as a person and for an actress to play her. She's quite obtuse, really. From being this power monger to being this big kind heart who really does love these children of hers. When you fill in everything in between, there's nothing she can or cannot do.

Was it important for you to familiarize yourself with Joan Collins' portrayal of Alexis in the original series?

No, no. I never saw the original Dynasty. No, because this is a modern take on an old story.

Alexis' style has always been an important part of the character and many of her looks are legendary. Did you have any say with the wardrobe?

Yes, of course! It's a collaborative effort. One thing that is wonderful is that Nolan Miller did the costumes for the original Dynasty and his protege, Mark Zunino, who has made quite the name for himself and is a super talented designer, has been making some of the costumes for Alexis. When Alexis first appears at the church, that's a Mark Zunino. It's a wonderful homage back to Nolan Miller in the original Dynasty. [In the next episode,] you get the see the many sides of Alexis and a lot of her crazy outfits, and they get better! Meredith [Markworth-]Pollack is our costume designer and she is fantastic. As you can see, there's a bit of a throwback to the '80s, which, luckily, is very in vogue now. Alexis is very Parisian runway meets Lady Gaga. (Laughs.)

What traits of Alexis do you most identify with?
    I'm driven by truth, decency and kindness so I can't say that we're much alike, but I do enjoy all of the different flavors of Alexis to play onscreen and to find the humanity in her.

Which brings me to my next question. Alexis' relationship with her children, Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Steven (James Mackay), couldn't be more opposite from the other. Her dynamic with her daughter is far more contentious than it is with her son. What can we expect to see between Alexis and Fallon this season?

That was one of the things that really attracted me to playing Alexis was the fact that the mother-daughter relationship is so complicated. Fallon is a powerhouse that is lost and when you meet her mother, you understand why. But Alexis has age and wisdom on her side, so she has come a long way so she can impart what she has learned along her rough road to her daughter and it's very important that she has her daughter start to feel again. She's been lost in this pool of power.

You really see a distinction with how Alexis' son, Steven, welcomes his mother into the fold.

Steven embraces her and wants to understand his mother. It's very important for him to have his mother in his life. Fallon's fighting against that constantly.

Will there come a time when Fallon and Alexis mend fences?

You will see scenes that will break your heart.

Alexis also comes into the picture right when her ex-husband Blake Carrington's (Grant Show) marriage to Cristal (Nathalie Kelley) is on the rocks. What can you tease about how Blake handles Alexis' return?

That's also fraught with complexities. There's a big love there and a big loss, and being back in each other's lives brings up the important things that brought them together in the first place -- as well as the deceit and betrayal that tore them apart. It's hard to say whether Alexis truly loves him or truly loves to torture him. (Laughs.)

You seem like you're really enjoying your time on Dynasty. Has this been one of the most fun experiences you've had on a set recently?

I am having a great time! It's like being at Camp Dynasty. Everyone gets along famously. We all go out together. We dine together. We play the piano and sing together. We work together. We enjoy our time and that is huge to me. I just came back from doing choreography [for the finale] and there's a huge fight scene.

How would you describe the roller-coaster ride fans will go on for the rest of the season?

In the last episode, there's going to be a fire, a fight and a wedding. So stay tuned!

Dynasty airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have a bad feeling about that quote that Nicollette Sheridan said about some of the scenes with her & Liz Gillies that are "going to break your heart". I wonder if it means that Fallon discovers something about her mother that is so earth-shattering that it permanently damages their relationship. Or maybe the writers might start building towards an arc where Alexis ends up being the catalyst to Fallon's gradual descend into self-destruction as she eventually succeeds in corrupting her daughter. Maybe Fallon begins to undergo the process of losing her humanity and losing Michael may be the trigger.

16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,281
    I think it's going to be more about dealing with Fallon's rejection and abandonment issues that stem from her mother leaving. That kind of thing, stuff that the original show never really explored.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have mixed feelings on this part:

Was it important for you to familiarize yourself with Joan Collins' portrayal of Alexis in the original series?

No, no. I never saw the original Dynasty. No, because this is a modern take on an old story.

I know it's impossible to step into the shoes of Joan Collins, but to somewhat familiarize yourself with the original story seems like it would be somewhat important.

In any case, after watching the last episode, it seems like the writers may be incorporating elements of Alexis and original Sammy Jo into NuAlexis. I guess that wouldn't be too horrible of a thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    "I'm driven by truth, decency and kindness..."

Oh, boy. :fp:

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,281
    You doubt Alexis?

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    The internet should invent a "sarcasm font" for lines like that to be written in.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1