Nicollette Sheridan as Alexis

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Alexis, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    I remember reading in one of Joan Collins' books that as she was up for work at about 5am and then worked 12 or 14 hour days. That often it was come home, shower, eat and then read lines for the next day. Then bed very early to be up and do it all over again the next day.

I think that was common for people on these shows back then. And if they did have time off from filming they wouldn't spend it watching soap operas they would be going to events, or travelling and doing promo.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,760
    Medals:
    I can totally understand if people who works on a soap opera doesn't have the time or interest to watch other soap operas on their time off. However Dynasty first came on the air in 1981 and Nicollette Sheridan didn't get her first acting job on a tv-series until in 1984 and her Knots Landing gig in 1986. So are we to believe she never watched Dynasty before then when she was young?

Also this is sort of unrelated but I read in Marie Fredriksson's autobiography that she and Per Gessle and their friends used to watch both Dallas and Dynasty on TV in the 1980s before they hit it big with Roxette. :)

Then back on topic. I think NS is right not to study Joan's portrayal. She need to make Alexis her own character since it's a reboot. It would have been different if they had gone with the prequel series and had casted someone to portray a young Alexis who was supposed to have grown into Joan's portrayal. Then that actress would have had to study the older Alexis to make the characters as similar as possible.

I still wish they had gone with the prequel series. I would have loved to explore that part of Blake and Alexis backstory properly.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,649
    Medals:
    She likely saw bits and pieces of it but forgot more of it than she remembers. I wasn't starring on a nighttime soap and that's my history with Dynasty.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,760
    Medals:
    Somehow I have a feeling that's Cynthia Cidre's history with Dallas!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
  6. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,649
    Medals:
    [music] The hilllllls are alive, with the sound of music....[/music] :hats:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,235
    Medals:
    The way he dealt with his adulterous wife was out of proportion, like something from the Middle Ages.
    He was cruel towards his son and second wife, and he killed an innocent man. Of course he deserved to be punished.
    I disagree. Yes, some of them actually believe their actions are justified (Blake, for example) and then there are sociopaths who know exactly what they're doing and don't give a damn, or even enjoy it. I guess most soap villains are a bit of both.
    upload_2018-4-22_20-2-30.png
    Don't underestimate our evil nature.
    To me it always looked as if he just hated her for being there. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with his brother's well-being.
    Yes, if he couldn't be the loveliest he had to excel in something else. He had serious issues, I guess that's what made him so fanatic. Favouritism towards children is awful, but some children just aren't very lovable. And it's not that he wanted his parents' love, he wanted most of it - especially because his brothers were weak and didn't deserve any of it (in his opinion). And when that child feels he doesn't get it, well...fasten your seat belts!
    But his success at Ewing Oil didn't really make up for anything, it only seemed to increase his feelings of superiority, after all he had proved that he was the best Ewing.
    "Knowing" that he was the best wasn't good enough anymore, his brothers had to stay away from Southfork and Ewing Oil.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, that's just my impression of the Dallas character.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Heh, I can't help but be reminded of how on "Downton Abbey", Cora's favorite daughter was clearly Sybil... and yet, I can't see how anybody could blame her for that, especially when you compare Sybil to her sisters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    Enter Alexis.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,205
    Medals:
    People, this can't all be coincidental, it's too many things... they are reading this forum and take our ideas right onto the screen, i'd bet my ass on it!
    At first @Alexis suggestion that they should take Nicollette for the part:

and then 6 weeks later Nicollette is announced as Alexis! Then this:

And they let Alexis say that exact line! Then we were musing about Knots Landing references and as a joke i wrote:

And now i just watched episode 17 again and guess what Nicollette/Alexis says to Blake?

Alexis: "Blake, didn't we concieve Fallon there in front of the fire place on the rug?"
    Blake: "No, it was down by the lake."
    Alexis: "Ah, yes, after that STRIP CROQUET GAME!" :eck::eck::eck:

This is so cool.... Soapchat controls nuDynasty!!! :spinning::spinning::spinning:
    So we really should think about what we wish for in future... it might all come true! :D

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    They also changed the mansion after we bitched about it being awful. Then they hired Mark Zunino as Alexis's stylist/designer.

I like the idea of Catherine Oxenberg being cast too, maybe as Caress or Sable?

And Lisa Bonet as Dominique! Yes she's 50 but those cheek bones are holding things together pretty well. She looks like such a vampy diva.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,205
    Medals:
    Nah... i'd rather cast Bonet for "The walking dead". But not as one of the survivors.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:
    I think Liam should be bisexual and I should be cast as his handsome older lover. Does everyone agree? Good. I'll be expecting a call from my agent.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    I'm not loving the dreads to be honest, but it's Dynasty. Slap a wig on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,205
    Medals:
    But - as it seems - they really take notice of die-hard-fans' suggestions and listen to what they have to say.
    That's the opposite of what Cynthia Cidre did with TNT-Dallas. And for my taste nuDynasty went from quite trashy at the beginning to far superior than TNT Dallas ever was with this great and fabulous cliffhanger episode!

• Like Like x 2
  16. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +439
    I think Liam has some chemistry with Sammy Jo so I want him to break Steven and Sammy Jo's couple. Then enters Luke.
    3 gays and a bisexual is what we need for season 2. :love2:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Good to see that Nicollette Sheridan is definitely being promoted to a series regular for season 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Speaking of Caress and Sable, I've been wondering... should these two be combined into one character? I ask because it seems superfluous to have both. Does Alexis really need to have both a sister and a cousin? Perhaps the new show could get away with having the two of them, provided that each is different enough... but we already have enough characters as it is.

Either way, if they do cast Oxenberg, I'd love it if Alexis makes some kind of remark about her accent: "And why do you try with that accent? Anyone can tell that its fake! Imagine, trying to pretend the Morrels are English!"

19. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,235
    Medals:
    I was still laughing so I accidentally hit the "disagree" rating. It....it was an accident!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +439
    I don't think that Catherine Oxenberg has enough acting qualities to play Sable. We need a A-grade actress to "replace" Stephanie Beacham.
    As for Caress, we need someone quite trashy. If an actress from the old Dynasty is required, Karen Cellini would be great I think ! :lol: