No Adam or Amanda?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Grant Jennings, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I'm beginning to doubt we'll see Adam or Amanda in the new series. Why? Alexis #1 left Denver when Steven was 7 and Fallon was a year or two older. Alexis #2 left Atlanta when Fallon was 15 and Steven was a year or more older, making it less likely that she would have been pregnant when she left Blake. Also, if Amanda #2 does exist she would only be 10 years old now. I doubt the writers intend to add a 10 year old character. The show would have to run eight or more years if Amanda were to be introduced as an adult - it could happen but not very likely.

Amanda was originally introduced to fill the void left by the loss of Fallon. With Fallon #2 having an even greater presence in the new series, I thing the producers will do everything they can to keep Elizabeth Gillies on the show making this scenario much less likely.

Steven #2 strikes me as a composite of Steven #1 and Adam: he's older than Fallon, has dark hair and has a drug problem. This leads me to believe the writers don't plan on including Adam as a character. The Carringtons.jpg

2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    The only way they could introduce Adam and Amanda is this
    They were both born before Steven and Fallon and are twins, Fallon was born around 1993 and Steven around 1991, so
    Adam and Amanda could be born in 1989 or earlier, however why they were hidden or missing will be harder to explain, but it could be done this way; Alexis had them in secret as she was unsure if they were Blake's or not is one way.

Or they could combine them into one character, it would however be strange not to include Adam and Amanda considering they probably had a much larger impact in the original series than either Fallon or Steven did, after all Adam was basically the male villain of the show, something I just don't see with Nu Steven, Amanda was also at the centre of the biggest cliffhanger on television since "WHO SHOT JR?" at that point in time, so.i hope they're Brought into.the show

3. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I thought Fallon would've been born in 1992, not 1993? Especially since she's supposed to be 25 at this point.

I don't know how the whole twin thing with Adam & Amanda would work though. I can imagine that it would be incredibly difficult to cast actors that are both as close to age as much as possible and still have the whole twin thing be believable without stretching out the suspense of disbelief too much. What would probably be easier is to have Amanda be a year or two younger than Fallon and still have her show up as an adult whenever the writers would want her to. Maybe she's living with her Aunt Caress or cousin Sable somewhere and going to college. Also I would have Adam be the oldest Carrington kid and off at another country somewhere. I would probably also have him be a child that Blake had with another woman during a time where he and Alexis might have had marital problems.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    We tossed around ideas about Adam and Amanda in another thread back when the reboot was first announced. I seem to recall suggesting that Adam could have been conceived at a point early in Blake and Alexis's courtship or marriage...when Blake discovered Alexis was sleeping around. Convinced the baby was not his, Blake wanted her to abort; she refused, opting instead to leave for Europe "to visit relatives" (to give birth and put the baby up for adoption). They reconciled on the condition that Alexis never mention the baby. Years later, Adam turns up and we find out they'd been wrong all along--Adam was indeed Blake's son. There would even be a sight gag of sorts by casting an actor who looks amazingly like Grant Show looked during his Melrose Place days.

5. Romain

Romain Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Well, all I can say is good luck finding the right guy: the actor they got to play Grant Show in the Unauthorized Melrose Place Story Lifetime TV movie looked absolutely nothing like him. Which was a shame, considering they did a pretty good job with the actress who played Laura Leighton, his real-life love interest back in those days.

As for the illegitimate child theory, I must confess I still haven't seen episode 10 but didn't the exchange between Jeff and Cecil in episode 9 openly state that Blake was having an affair with Mrs. Colby? You want an illegitimate child, say hello to Monica, who has been pretty useless on the show so far but would definitely justify the airtime she occupies were she revealed to be Blake's daughter.

6. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    She's too old