No tip for US waitress with LGBT tattoo

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Sarah, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,771
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-40898638

Absolutely unbelievable.

Waiting staff in the US rely heavily on their tips to make up for their low wages, but one server in Rockford, Illinois, was surprised to find the reason for the lack of a gratuity written on a receipt.

"Can't tip someone who doesn't love Jesus! Bad tatoo [sic]" wrote the customer, instead of a tip, for Samantha Heaton, who bears rainbow-coloured equality bars on her arm, and has been serving at Buffalo Wild Wings for a year.

"It was shocking. I couldn't help but feel hurt," Samantha told the BBC. "I would've openly discussed my tattoo with them, had they asked. I talked to them about their food. They kept me constantly busy, but were not openly rude to me. I've never had someone write anything like this."

Her friend Joelle Nicole Maish posted a photo of Samantha's tattoo, along with the receipt on her own Facebook page, writing: "I would just like to say that being gay does not mean you don't believe in God or Jesus. And people who are 'religious' should not disrespect or act in such ways to other people. PS, they spelled tattoo wrong."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,376
    I don't find it unbelievable, the world is full of selfish shitty bastards who use religion to mask their own agenda.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,771
    True Dat.

4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,186
    If I saw that tattoo on an individual I wouldn't assume it was an LGBT symbol, just a series of colourful squares., However, it's the assumption that someone with a colourful tattoo, someone who supports LGBT people or someone who is an LGBT person cannot love Jesus that I find particularly abhorrent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1