Objectophilia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ome, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    This Morning (TV programme) has met a woman named Fractal Huracan who has fallen in love the game Tetris, after her romance with a calculator ended.

Fractal, who hails from from Florida in America, explained to hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield that she was in love with the game and has an "intimate" relationship with it.

Phil explained that she became involved with objects from around the age of seven, then later began a relationship with a calculator named Pierre De Fermat.

Fractal explained that around the age of seven she "just decided that I like monorails and iPods and treadmills."

But what was it about the calculator in particular that piqued her interest?

Fractal said: "Well, I thought that Pierre is really beautiful and I loved the buttons on him and the trackpad is beautiful and I just loved his function."

She added that his name had "given him a personality" and a "persona".

However Pierre the calculator broke, which caused Fractal to end her relationship with him. It was then that she began the relationship with Tetris in 2016.

"I'm in love with the game himself and the cartridge is a means, a vessel of presenting him.

"It's the clear lines, it satisfies me, it's just really beautiful. I find him just so attractive."

Phil then hinted that Fractal has a sexual relationship with the game. He explained: "This is, we'll do this delicately, this is a personal, intimate relationship as well."

"Yes, it's very intimate," answered Fractal.

Fractal went on to explain that marriage could be possible one day, saying: "Yes the marriage aspect is purely ceremonial, obviously I can't literally marry an object.

"It would just be me having a ceremony with Tetris."

She went on to explain that she wasn't jealous about other people playing it.

"I don't care if other people play him. As long as nobody else is trying to date him romantically or is in more of an intimate relationship in a way, I'm fine."

Although Fractal said she would be upset if her favourite Tetris cartridge broke, she added that she'd purchase another one, as it's the game itself she loves, rather than a specific cartridge.

Holly asked if it was a confusing time, as her friends might be dating boys at school, while she had feelings for objects.

So she sought help online and found some support groups that really helped her learn to cope with the condition, which is known as objectophilia, the attraction to inanimate objects.

"Yeah, it was kind of confusing," she said. "I didn't really understand what was going on."

Fractal was also sure that she wouldn't want to attempt relationships with humans in the future, although she was happy having friends.

"I've tried romantic relationships with humans and they never worked out," she explained.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,693
    This Morning is in love with featuring guests with unusual lifestyles. They try to make out they are presenting a serious human interest story but the reality is they only feature them on the show for the amusement of viewers. Maybe there should be a word for This Morning like mockeryphilia.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,988
    A character from Desperate Housewives had a fetish for couches, and they showed him..."making love" to a couch, if you know what I mean.

4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    I love Money... Does that count?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Someone ought to ask how much they paid this guest to "share her story". The Jerry Springer Show and their ilk make no bones about the fact that they pay their guests to appear and tell their lurid, often preposterous stories, providing the viewer with perspective on how some people will say just about anything in order to 1. get paid, and 2. appear on TV for their fifteen minutes of fame. Shows that have to pay (bribe) their guests to provide such 'entertainment' aren't doing anything illegal, but they really shouldn't pretend they're providing some kind of public service and instead admit they're just the 21st-century version of the circus side-show.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,303
    I recall sometime in the early-'90s, a couple made the rounds on four of the biggest U.S. talk shows -- DONAHUE, OPRAH, GERALDO and SALLY JESSE RAPHAEL -- posing as a wide variety of perverts, whipping the audiences into hate-fueled frenzies.

Weeks later, they went public with their scam, telling how easy it all was to pull off (as it were).

Oprah and Phil Donahue were quite philosophical about the resulting scandal, conceding that they'd been successfully "had."

But Geraldo and Sally Jesse, being Geraldo and Sally Jesse, reacted like Geraldo and Sally Jesse: Rivera threatened physical violence and a law suit, while Raphael had the couple back on her show and screamed at them at the top of her lungs, "you made my life a living hell!"

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +874
    There are some very weird people on this earth, aren't there. I'm just glad that I'm totally normal in every respect.

• Funny Funny x 1