Occasions of TLC from Angela.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Chloe-Fusco, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Angela was better known as the "tough as old boots" battleaxe, with funny usually cutting dialogue though she did have the occasions when she showed TLC to others. Here are some I have thought of. Which of these was your favourite?

* Reading Julia's letter from years ago, when she was at college and being tearful. This happened in season three. Then she explains the situation to Lance about circumstances all those years ago.
    * A third season showdown with Julia, in the springhouse.
    * Reunited with her two daughters Emma and Julia, in season four. No business to be talked about.
    * Angela consoling Emma and vice versa; as Angela sits by the fire, after the hit and run in season 4.
    * Emma mourns Dwayne in season 6 and Angela helps her through the grief.
    * Caring for Chao-Li who is gravely sick again season 6 and her talk with him that they will fight the battle together.
    * Her talk with Richard after he saved her life from the 13's shooter, near the season 7 ending.
    * Consoling Richard with no agenda after Maggie's death in season 9.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Angela Christmas

Angela Christmas Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    I really liked when Angela showed her caring side. My favourite example was at the end of the Gustav Riebmann plot, after he is buried in the collapsed mine and assumed dead, Angela, Emma and Angela are reunited at Falcon Crest. Julia is worried about her fate and the possibility of going back to prison. Angela tells her not to worry about it until tomorrow, hugs her two daughters and says "Tonight we're a family".

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Aside from those times when Angela showed her maternal side I also liked her tender moments with Chao-Li. He was mostly a very quiet gent while the other men in Mrs. Channing's life more than made up for him, in the chemistry department. Despite his robotic ways FC's 'Hong Kong Phooey' could always count on support if needed, from the woman who must be obeyed. IMHO highlight scenes of Angela / Chao-Li tender times would be the duration of him being ill and some perking up from the Chinese man for Angela, after the FC mansion fire.

Angela and Chao-Li are drinking tea, in the study of Falcon Crest. The one who must be obeyed tells her right hand man that Lance has married his banker girlfriend Pilar. This is despite his ex wife Melissa being recently departed, (a scene from season 8, 1988 - '89):

Angela: "Now, also have Lance's room made up for him and his bride."

Chao-Li is surprised: "His bride?"

Angela: "Pilar Ortega. They were married. Put my best embroidered sheets on and have the room filled with flowers."

Chao-Li: "Of course Mrs. Channing! I'll tell Melody." Melody is the maid who answers to the Chinese gent.

Angela: "Well, I want them to be very comfortable. I want this to be a happy marriage, for as long as it lasts."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    TLC or T.L.C. or t.l.c.,an abbreviation of:
    1. tender loving care.
    :think: ---ILSNT (I learned something new today!)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +534
    For me one of the stand out Angela scenes showing her softer side: Melissa let Joseph live with his dad and grandparents, so that Angela could regain her FC share and Melissa goes back into the will. Mrs. Channing stood by the mansion door tears in her eyes, as the boy went out among the vineyards with Cole and then she sadly looked at Melissa sitting on the stairs, cuddling Joseph's teddy bear :eyes:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    Here in Germany, TLC is a very awful scripted reality TV channel... which i banned from my favourites list ages ago. :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    I forgot about the time when Angela revealed the plaque in memory of Chase, after he didn't resurface from the San Francisco bay. They were always bickering in business but this act showed some empathy for him.

• Like Like x 2