1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

One of the dumbest scenes after VP's exit

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Top Jimmy, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142

If anyone doubts the writing sharply deteriorated after Victoria left, then they should watch this scene with crazy Katherine. First of all, why would Katherine even approach Bobby after the previous scene showed her relishing Pam's plight, and we're led to believe she is about to hatch a devious plot regarding Pam. Did she think Bobby would welcome her with open arms or better yet, let her walk off scot-free? Oh wait, that's exactly what Bobby did. He didn't call for security or yell for help after first spotting Katherine, or even after she says she is going to turn herself in. I know the plot required Katherine to leave the hospital, so there would be a question later as to how Pam disappeared from the hospital, but there are no words to describe Bobby's stupidity here. The writers should have had Bobby catch or see Katherine exiting Pam's room, and Katherine run off before he could call for help without the inane dialogue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Yep - I don’t get why they brought Morgan Brittany back only to have her appear twice and not have anything resolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,800
    Yep...just dumb. When you think about it there wasn't a need for Katherine to return to Dallas at all. And you are right. One minute we see her hovering over mummified Pam with only a look Katherine could offer. What evil plot had she developed? The other option was a syringe was going to make an appearance.

Then we witness this scene. Dressed in her funeral finery Katherine makes a last ditch effort to patch things up with the holier than thou Bobby. All the time I'm thinking, "Where is leading to?" But nothing. Pam disappears along with Katherine. Never to be heard of again until TNT Dallas puts Pam to rest and kills off Katherine mid-sentence.

All these years later and I still believe the handling of Katherine was just bizarre.

4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,588
    I’m sure the producers must have intended for Katherine to have something to do with Pam’s disappearance, but for what purpose? In fact what purpose was there for any of this??

VP wanted Pam to be killed off, so fair enough TPTB get cold feet about that because their previous attempt to kill off a character royally backfired, so why not just have Pam leave Dallas with Christopher after she sees Bobby with Jenna and Lucas on a few occasions which makes her believe that Bobby no longer loves her so she packs a bag, takes Christopher and leaves for pastures unknown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Pam would really be pushing her luck there. Thee is no reason to think Pam has any more right to sole custody of Christopher than Bobby has the right to sole custody of Christopher. Bobby generously or weakly (depending on how you look at it) just let Pam take Christopher with her when she abandoned him so she could do things like go to France with Mark Graison (while she was still married to Bobby). Children do best when they see both parents an equal amount. Christopher also had a large amount of family at Southfork. Pam would have been taking him away from all of that so I'd like to think Bobby would have protected Christopher's best interests as well as his own rather than just let Pam take Christopher away somewhere permanently.

6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,474
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Sometimes I like to think that, in a few years, there will be a book about "Dallas" with all the inside information we now ignore. And that we´ll find out that, when Morgan was brought back, Katzman was stalking Victoria with a big fat check to return to "her show". But she didn´t. So Morgan was sent away and so was the storyline. End of the chapter. Next: The true story about phone calls and Sue Ellen´s earrings.

upload_2018-11-5_1-11-48.jpeg

"...And every time Sue Ellen picked up a phone, I had to do a gesture
    with my hand and give a secret message to KGB because Lorimar
    was conspiring with them as was proved later, when they invited
    us to shoot in Moscow..."​

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,690
    I think a lot of it must have to do with the fact that they never really believed that VP would not come back. So they started things, dropped them and never quite resolved anything in case she changed her mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,474
    I agree with you. In a way, it´s Victoria´s biggest victory ever!!

[​IMG]

"I´m still ROLF!! Look how victorious l I am!"​

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Really a great tribute to the 40 years of Dallas congrats Tony for your great work done :bravo1:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,474
    Thanks @pd fan, though I guess it´s moi you´re talking to, because the real Tony with a y is here too!!

Miss Piggy says if the "great" part was an allusion to her volume...