1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pam with Later Years Characters

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ray_Krebbs, May 25, 2019.

1. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +200
    How do you think the show would have integrated Pam with the later years cast. Perhaps Mac would have been revealed as Pam's bio father. Check out Pam and Mac in 74 in my attached file lol. That could have added another angle to Mac's importance to the show. I could see Pam and Cally being very close. She probably would have helped Cally break free of her love spell for J.R. Would Pam have been Sheila Foley's casualty in Paris?

Attached Files:

2. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +600
    Pam, tired of Bobby’s neglect, takes a younger lover - the J Eddie Peck character. Then, she finds herself preggo.

3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle' EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,189
    I do wonder how Pam would have gotten on with April as she courted Mr. Bobby James Ewing. :think: They only had a brief interaction in Pam's final season as I recall. I'm sure the writers would have had them as foes as this universe seemed to revolve around Bobby's place as God's gift to women. :p

4. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    No, April could get along with anyone :) She was the only character on Dallas to be friends with Bobby, JR, and Cliff at the same time. She was very likable.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,866
    April wasn´t anyone. She was no one. Pam doesn´t get mixed with no ones. Even less if they are ´hos.

upload_2019-5-28_3-42-54.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    Then why was Pam friends with Sue Ellen? April was chaste compared to Sue Ellen.

April was an excellent character. A reaction is what they're after. If April could make you feel strongly enough to say all that about her, Sheree J.Wilson was doing her job very well.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  7. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +852
    I've recently re-watched Victoria's final season and honestly Pam's character was reduced to so little. The majority of her scenes were with Bobby or focused around him and she literally became "the little woman" - it's as if Pam and Sue Ellen's characters/roles suddenly switched. The rare opportunities to see Pam at her most confident, empowered (as she had been in the dream season) was in her scenes with Cliff at the office.

If Victoria had stayed beyond season 10, I feel like most of her scenes would have been at Southfork and only further diminish the characters potential, so we probably wouldn't have even had her interact with important characters later on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    I watched season 10 fairly recently and as I did, I was keeping in mind the opinion that her role was somehow diminished. I didn't see it. When she wanted to do something bold, and asking Jenna to adopt her baby was about as bold a move as you could want, boldness bordering on stupidity because there was just no way Jenna would have said yes to it, nevertheless it took guts to ask that!

Pam did have a life outside of Bobby - season 10 was when she was working to help finance Cliff's acquisitions, so she was working on a fairly regular basis along with being a mom. She told Cliff, actually demanded, that if she was going to do that, she needed to have 25% of his company so she would feel like she was part of the company. She not only asked for a quarter of his company, but she got it. That took assertiveness, especially considering how Cliff hated the idea of giving anyone any part of his company.

Pam was being a good wife, she was being a good mother, she worked and she attained 25% of Cliff's company - not bad at all! She was afraid that Bobby might start to spend more time with Lucas than Christopher and love him more since he was his biological son, but she conquered that fear before the end of the season. I don't know what more you could want from her.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Justine

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +852
    Maybe diminished isn't the best word to explain what I mean. I didn't mean diminished in reference to screen-time but more diminished in how her role should/could have been separate from Bobby - like her decision to ask Jenna to adopt Lucas, bold for sure but only to put her in the picture as a dutiful wife who loves her husband unconditionally. There was still independence and assertiveness - as you said (and as I pointed out) in her scenes with Cliff - but there was so much more in the dream season.

10. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    But those are wonderful qualities! She had that along with being a good mother, a good sister to Cliff, and a new assertiveness in her professional life - demanding and getting a quarter of Cliff's company as she worked with him.

How are those anything but great qualities?

Also she did interact with the important characters, inside the family of course, but outside the family she interacted with the successful men in the oil business such as Jeremy Wendell and Jordan Lee. Her scenes with Wendell were particularly good.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,831
    :coffeelaugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Justine

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +852
    Of course they're wonderful qualities but that's not all a woman has the potential to be - and that's exactly my point.

Her interactions with them were so minimal, which is also my point. It's a matter of opinion but I feel like the dream season showed off so much potential from Pam (Victoria, too) and it was squashed in season 10 for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,469
    Pam once said 'We exist for ourselves first' - just to back up @Justine 's point :)

14. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,351

When people kind of put that down (not saying you are Justine but I have heard it from other people) and say oh, that's all she does, she's just a wife and a mother, I have to wonder what is it that makes anyone think that isn't enough by itself? What career is as big a responsibility as raising your children? You're caring for them, protecting them, and basically teaching them what they need to know so they can have good lives. I don't know of a greater responsibility than that. I don't know what would be more rewarding.

As a parent you have the responsibility of bringing up this tiny little person and making sure he or she grows up right and is happy with their life. There is no job that is as big of a responsibility as that. When I hear women saying bad things about other women because that's what they choose to do with their lives, I wonder, what is it that they do that's more important?

I've known guys who had stardom, money,a great career (one of them a superstar athlete) and they'd tell me the only thing that truly mattered to them was their wives and children. It was what made them feel more fulfilled than their careers did. Careers can be short and all of them end sometime, but family is forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1