Patrick Stewart is returning to Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Ome, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,976
    Patrick Stewart really is returning to Star Trek.

After previous rumours, it has been confirmed that a new CBS All Access series focusing on Jean-Luc Picard is happening, which "will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard's life".

Stewart confirmed the news at the Las Vegas Star Trek convention, saying: "I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course.

ps.jpg

"It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over."

He added: "During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership.

"I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times.

"I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more."

The new series will not be a reboot of The Next Generation, though the creative team will include Star Trek: Discovery's Alex Kurtzman.

"With overwhelming joy, it's a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold," he said (via The Hollywood Reporter).

"For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can't wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old."

The team will also include James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon and Kirsten Beyer, though a title and a release date are yet to be announced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,320
    Medals:
    As I said in another thread, I'm luke-warm about a return for Picard but I like that it will finally push the prime timeline beyond Nemesis.

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Medals:
    Well, we will be seeing the Federation nearly 1,000 years into the future in “Discovery” in Season 03, but I’m glad we will see Picard and 7 of 9 without the poison pen of Berman and Braga!

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)