People Who Appeared on Both DALLAS and KNOTS as Different Characters

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Knots Blogger, May 20, 2019.

1. Knots Blogger

Knots Blogger Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Anyone who has taken a peek at my blog (www.knotsblogging.com), knows that I’m kinda obsessed with the actors who appeared on both Dallas and Knots playing different characters. This list is hardly thorough cuz I’m just gonna list a few and let others run with it.

Alan Miller was Scooter Warren on Knots seasons 2 and 3 and then he was Jenna Wade’s lawyer in season 8 Dallas.

Priscilla Pointer showed up in Knots season one The Constant Companion and then played Cliff and Pam’s mother on Dallas from 1981 to 1983.

Bert Remsen was Lilimae’s little romantic interest in season 3 The Rose and the Briar and then was in Dallas season 11 as Harrison Dandy Dandridge. Another random bit of trivia is he showed up as THREE different characters on Melrose Place and he appears in the Fat Boys/Freddy Krueger music video Are You Ready For Freddy? from 1988.

I know that the recently departed James Karen (YOU ONLY MOVED THE HEADSTONES!) showed up in season 3 Knots as a guy interested in the methanol deal and I believe he showed up in season 6 Dallas.

Alright, let’s see how many we can think of!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:
    Laurence Haddon played Dr. Ackerman on Knots and Frankin Horner on Dallas.

3. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +284
    The guy who played one of the Teddy's was on Dallas (haven't watched Dallas in like 20 years so that's pretty much all I will remember )

4. Knots Blogger

Knots Blogger Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Good call on Dr Ackerman, he was actually in several Dallas eps spanning several years. If one were to actually do a James In London type marathon, it would be weird cuz you’d see him blow his brains out on Knots and then like 3 eps later there he is on Dallas.

5. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,377
    Medals:
    David Ackroyd was the original Gary Ewing in Dallas and also played Bill Medford, a suitor of Karen's in Knots Landing.
    Don Starr was Jordan Lee in Dallas and the Judge for the case against Sid when he was accused of assaulting a hitchhiker in Knots Landing.
    Barry Jenner played Dr Jerry Kenderson in Dallas and was Abby's first husband Jeff in Knots Landing.
    Howard Duff was Senator O'Dell and Dallas and Paul Galverston in Knots Landing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    :eck: Did anybody remember that Ginger and Pam shared a mother?? I totally forgot that! ( season 1 ep 9) kl.JPG

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Did Rebecca suffer from dissociative identity disorder ? That would have been one hell of a crossover and a huge twist... ;)

8. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    My mistake... She's not playing Ginger's mother... I' ve been a little fast...

9. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,120
    Medals:
    Len Birman and William Boyett were both in the 1980-81 season finale of Knots Landing and also both in the 1980-81 season finale of Dallas. Len Birman helped JR Ewing start a counter-revolution on Dallas and was FBI agent Salmaggio in Knots Landing. William Boyett’s characters each managed to get money from JR Ewing on each show. As he was one of JR’s security people protecting John Ross from Sue Ellen in Dallas and also Frank Mk1 in Knots Landing’s stolen auto parts story. Which reminds me that David Tress (Angelo in the conclusion of the auto parts story) had been getting Ray Krebbs into building holes on Dallas the previous year.

Then there is Peter White, who seemed to get everywhere. And Kevin McBride. And Albert Salmi as Gil Thurman and Joshua’s dad. And Martin E. Brooks. And Philip Levien, Diana Douglas, Jerry Hardin and Jonathan Goldsmith.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  10. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,632
    Medals:
    Priscilla Pointer played the mother of Ginger's late boyfriend. As teens, the guy got Ginger pregnant, and Ginger's mother insisted she get an abortion. The guy joined the military somehow (I want to say drafted to Vietnam, but the timeline might not be right) and ended up killed. So Pointer's character suddenly (after many years) decided to torment Ginger by making crank phone calls playing recordings of babies crying, among other things. It was made clear that Ginger's mother had strong-armed her into having the abortion, but the woman still blamed Ginger because that baby had been her only chance at being a grandmother, and would have been a piece of her son that would have lived on.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1