Poll Questions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Help Forum' started by Ome, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    There are lots of forums on this site where most of the posts don't consist of more than one or two words. If you were a person looking to boost your overall post count, then all you had to do was to joint one of the many various games going on every day of the week. Games that have nothing to do with the original vision of this site, at least as far as I see it!

I wonder how forums like that ever made it inside the "front door", but honestly, I couldn't care less ... ... if it makes some people happy to have a high number of posts, then so be it!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,541
    Really? :confuse:

^
    Oops, that's just one word! But I'm still confused because I don't see that kind of posting pattern. Maybe before we got the "agree" rating, but that was a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,441
    I'm with Willie here, which forums are you referring to?

The games forum does have discussions in there too and looking at random threads, there's none where the majority of posts consist of no more than two words. Also on the subject of the games forum, if you randomly look at threads, you will see there's a lot of imagination going into playing these games. The A-Z must be challenging when it falls on certain letters and not only do these get answered, most of the members actively go seeking for images to back up their answer. It's not just about posting for the sake of the post count, it's about getting involved with other online friends and taking the challenge.

Out of curiosity, what would you say is different is between these two threads:

Do You Like or Dislike This Food - One member posts a picture of coleslaw and asks if this food is liked or disliked, once the question is answered another picture is posted for the next person who takes part.

The 2017 Dallas Calendar ........... Take a look! - One member posts a picture from Dallas and the rest of the members who post in the thread simply post "Nice picture BF"

You can't just say this.

What about

Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Sundry Prime Time Soaps
    Comics Central
    US Soaps
    UK Soaps
    Reality TV
    Celebrity Scuttlebutt
    Movies
    Music
    Sports
    Lounge
    Rant Room
    Headline News
    UK Politics
    US Politics.

None of these forums were here, to begin with.

Oh, that's easy to answer, we evolved from a couple of forums to a wide range of forums over time. We will provide forums for the members who want to be part of our global community, we're not prejudiced with what we allow our members to participate in.

Can you see how this comment comes across? It's almost like you are taking a dig at another member, or judging someone because they have a large post count.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    The vast majority of forums seem to be related to either television or movies. And over time, they have been divided into more specific forums to suit the members' needs! Lots of great discussions about (old or new) television shows or movies ... ... or about the actors/actresses, directors, producers, journalists/hosts, etc. related to the various forums.

The various games forums don't seem to fit the "profile" of the overall site, but I have no problem with them being here!

"Dallas" was a television show and thus "fits" the "profile" of the overall site, whereas random talks about food (or other random topics) kind of don't. ;)
    Sorry, but I just did! :giggle:

Almost all of the forums you mentioned fit the "profile" of the site (being related to either television or movies).

All along, I've tried to make it perfectly clear that I couldn't care less about the post count. However, the number of posts do matter to some members, and I respect their opinion (even if I don't completely understand it)!!! Thus, I'm not judging the members who voted "yes" to Sarah's question in the previous poll.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,441
    Are you aware of how the Games Forum was created?

Dallas A-Z
    Knots A-Z
    Kill off a Dallas Character
    Kill off a Dynasty character

Honestly, I don't know why you keep going on about how the forums were created when you have only been here a few years.

Who actually cares whether we have a forum that's not related to one of the Prime Time soaps?

Which is why these threads are not in the Dallas forum. :confused:

Did you know that not everybody joined Soap Chat to discuss Dallas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,541
    Also, you have the option to make forums invisible:)
    I changed my vote from NO to YES, my reason is that I like that information to be available - and I have never seen a forum that doesn't display the members post count.
    Is it not one of those algorithm things?:lol:

7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,441
    You hit the nail on the head when you commented on the post count playing an important role in our history.

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,541
    And also my own history!
    What if I'd hit my head and lose my memory - and forgot that I was a soap fan?
    Then I'll have my post count to prove that I'm watching and discussing all the shows that are being displayed on my customized Main Page.
    Never take information for granted:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    It really only was a question, I'm not sure why it's causing such a problem. Can't it just be taken as it was meant without being dissected like a piece of meat on Hannibal Lecter's dinner table? :confuse:

What I will say is that it is a general forum rule to add a valuable contribution, not just a yes or no - or one word - it's contributing nothing but some do do it, to boost their count.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    I'd like to know is the song:

Are we human...or are we..

a) Dancer
    b) Denser

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,638

One of Santa's reindeer knows the answer...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    See I always thought it was Dancer, then it makes sense that it's DENSER 'Are we human...or are we denser', makes more sense???

Does Prancer know ;) ?

13. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,966
    Do you follow the winter Olympics?

Have you ever gotten fired from a job?

Do you more often drive yourself or take public transportation?

• Like Like x 1