Prime Suspect 1991

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Ome, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Just finished The Lost Child and gosh, that was harrowing in parts. When the Glenister dude ran back in the house with one of the girls and the police pulls Sharp and the other child away I nearly fell off my seat. Then it turned out to be the mother which was also harrowing as it all came out.

Wonderful stuff.

I remember him from THE LAKES & THE BILL

I love watching old British shows for this reason alone.
    Oh wow, I'm sure that was a classic. She's so good in everything she does, as is Siobhan Finneran & Sarah Lancashire.

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Inner Circles is another brilliant piece of crime drama, oh how I hated that red haired woman and I thought she was going to get away with everything. So bloody cocky and confident she thought she was untouchable. I only wish we had seen more of her facing what she had done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Full of excitement as I start The Scent of Darkness with the return of George Marlow, only it's a different face, which is a shame because Bowe played him brilliantly.

4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Bloody hell! A young Linda Henry appears ....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Crap! It's looking like they are going after Jane because of the Marlow case looking like she was unprofessional. This better end with the right conclusion and that nothing Jane has done warrants an investigation.

6. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,387
    Medals:
    I found the 3 shorter epiosdes, the ones i liked least

re maria henry aka red head, she needed a good slap, but so did her daughter, what a whiny little brat too, and that annoying whiny voice
    She made Charlie wade from Dallas nice
    I like character actor James Laurensen, good in everything he is in
    Also note Anthony bate who played Greeless, killed DC barnard in Frost!!

I think Philip Glenister is a fab actor and strange to see Beattie Edney more glam than her role of Prudie in Poldark

Like you i wish john Bowe was in that epiosde, he WAS Marlowe

next series is brill, tense and Steven mcIntosh and John mcArdle are brilliant in it
    "beige doesnt suit you jane"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    I finished The Scent of Darkness and found it both thrilling and frustrating, but only because they suspended Tennison, I really would have loved to see her get a formal apology, but will settle for her throwing the wine over those pillocks in charge.

I liked that they were concluded each episode.

I'm halfway through and that guy playing The Street is fantastic, he's another one that needs locking up and the key thrown away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    That was a great comment, I loved how confident The Street was and enjoyed how he had the force where he wanted them. Nice twist with Martin Ballinger.

Next up - The Last Witness :jolly:

9. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,387
    Medals:
    yes the Street was a cocky little so and so. I had to watch that epiosde with sub titles as i didnt understand the Scots guys accent lol he mumbled!!

re Last witness
    oh thats a good one, different and again suspenseful, especially the end of 1st half
    Good casting as usual

10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    I can struggle with some Scottish accents, but I was fine with this one.

The show creates some great detectives, but they don't last long which is a shame.

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    The Last Witness - Friggin' wow!!! The last fifteen minutes were incredibly tense and thrilling, I love how Tennison got the info from the interpreter's wife and then played it to the guy with the balding hair. Brilliant, bloody brilliant.

The ending where his wife said "Why couldn't you leave us alone?" to Tennison had me wanting her reponse to be "Because he's killed people and your children are at risk, so unless you don't care about the safety of your own children, shut the hell up or I will have them taken from you"

"You stupid bitch!"

I only wish we had another five minutes, just to see Tennison gloat to all those who tried to block her investigation.

12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    The Final Act... ? Is this it, no more Prime Suspect?

It's weird to think I've watched Helen Mirren age 15 years in just under a week.

13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    That fat prat!

:D

14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    Back to The Final Act and she's on the booze? I don't like this direction...

15. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,387
    Medals:
    its a great epiosde @Ome
    Wonderful acting from all the cast, mark strong is now her boss
    Steven Tompkinson, Gary Lewis and katie Murphy (always Miss Toner to me from Tutti fruitti), Robert Pugh and............ Tom bell, all put in a great performance, its shocking ..................wont say any more and sad to see Tom Bell looking so ill. But what a great final performance.

And sad to say it was the final one with Helen Mirren, wonderful actress and every single episode was gripping, thrilling, well acted and great script.

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076

I loved the moment when they met and had coffee and then hugged each other. They've come a long way since that first investigation, it was great to see Bill say he was sorry by how he fought her.

Then when he was shot I nearly fell off my chair, I was hoping that these two would become really good friends and supportive of each other.

Still it was another brilliant twist in this latest tale.

17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,076
    The second half of The Final Act was truly emotional, I hated seeing Tennison turn to drink and the scene in the pub where she upset her sister and niece really tugged at my heartstrings. I so sad it ended the way it did for her, however getting out of the force is probably the best answer for her. I like to think she has turned her life back around and is enjoying a wonderful retirement.

Penny also broke my heart by what she became and it was hard hearing her scream Daddy when he couldn't get back into his home.

All in all a fantastic series and I've found a new appreciation for Helen Mirren

18. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Gosh I cannot believe I forgot about this show watched all of The Prime Suspect episodes with Helen Mitten in it they were so good and got me hooked. I also liked her hooking up with the black cop(I think he was a cop can't remember).