Question about the "Who Done It?" episode - Plot point I can't remember

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Gold Canyon 340, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Gold Canyon 340

Gold Canyon 340 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi everyone!

I am having trouble remembering a plot point. While I could whip out my DVDs, I figured I'd bring it to the forum to see if anyone could help.

In "Who Done It?" who pays Sue Ellen's bail? I remember the Ewings discussing it at breakfast, that this was not something Jock would allow... Cliff was not able to raise the funds... but all of a sudden, she is out. Is it ever revealed who paid that bail? I can't remember. Are we supposed to draw the conclusion that Bobby paid it quietly? Was it paid by Dusty Farlow as his first act of looking out for her when he was "back from the dead"? Was it Dr. Elby?

Of course, shortly after, Sue Ellen's revelation and then Kristin's revelation of pregnancy just overshadows everything else. Do we ever find out who paid that bail, though?

2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,673
    Medals:
    It was Dusty.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Yep. In "Lover Come Back", Sue Ellen says to him, "So you put up the bail money".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Yeah, Dusty. We didn't find out about it until much later in the season, when we find out that Dusty never died in that plane crash.

One other thing about the "Who Done It?" episode. Wasn't there a contradiction between flashback scenes when Sue Ellen visited Kristin's condo? In the first flashback at the condo, Sue Ellen never puts the gun down on the table when Kristin gives her a drink like she does on the second flashback at the condo when Sue Ellen realizes that Kristin had her gun and shot J.R.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,064
    Medals:
    It's a while since I've watched it, but wasn't that first flashback supposed to be Kristin relating the story to Sue Ellen?

If we're seeing it the way she told it, I'd assume she deliberately omitted that detail as it would have incriminated her.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Medals:
    Yes, you are exactly right. Kristin told Sue Ellen that she came to the condo waving a gun and was looking for JR, and you saw Kristin's "version" of what happened.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1