The Flash Quick as a Flash!

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Ome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Only if I get to wear a diaper at the same time...

He was new to me and I loved his part in the show straight away. I was also disappointed that he was implied as a bad guy and that worried me because i thought this gave him a shorter shelf-life. So it was really pleasing when I found out a way to keep the actor on the show. Wells is the best character on the show, with Cisco & Joe close behind.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Another cracking season finale from this show. I was totally thrown by the death of Henry, at that point in the episode I thought something was coming, but didn't expect it to be the death of another character.

Then when the season finished and Barry went back in time to save his mum, I was left with another jaw-dropper.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Sometimes our shows like to give us a different viewpoint and this first episode of season 3 did just that. Pity really because I didn’t like it. I don’t might an alternative look at something, but when it takes up all the episode I find myself constantly saying “this isn’t real” and of course it wasn’t.

I did like how it ended though, when Barry brought it all back to how it should be, only to find out something is wrong with Iris. He’s obviously changed something, but what?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    I'm still not over the changes that have happened due to Barry's time-travelling, but I liker how they've not changed it again and stuck with what it now is. I guess it shows Barry that he can't keep going back in time. I didn't like how this changed Cisco, but having him & Barry make up over it was a little too fast.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Tom Felton is fab as Julian Albert. I hope he's around for a long time.

[​IMG]

Though, with these shows, there's always surprise twists and turns and the last episode I started to wonder if Julian might actually be Doctor Alchemy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Harrison Wells was a brilliant character.

Harry Wells wasn't as good as Harrison, but it meant we were keeping Tom Cavanagh, so I could live with it

H.R. Wells is bloody brilliant - though it's early days. I like that he is camp and rattles Cisco.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    After an amazing crossover, I’m back in the natural world of The Flash. Last episode revealed that Julian was/is Alchemy, though I could have been tricked into thinking that. Now I see him four years ago looking like he is on an Indiana Jones mission. Another Fandabidozi moment is when Julian/Malfoy discusses the mission and mentions the Philosopher’s Stone… LOL

Ah – Julian doesn’t know he’s Alchemy. I like this because I wanted Julian to be a good guy.

I do enjoy it when shows celebrate Christmas and this one was rather special with Julian finally accepting Barry/Flash and turning up to give him back his work card.

Even Caitlin gave them snow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    I'm really not digging Kid Flash. I like Wally as a character, but not as some side-kick.

There are times when I find Barry annoying too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Julian is my favourite character and even more since he started working at Star Labs. He's just found out that Barry is going to Earth 2 and questioned if it was The Planet of the Apes. Now he's arrived at Star Labs dressed as Indiana Jones, I'm so loving him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,031
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404

I can't put my finger on it, but I think it's the way he speaks to some of them. He comes across very stubborn and the way he talks to Wally when he's Kid Flash annoys me. I get that he wants the best for Wally, but it feels like he doesn't have the time for him.

I also didn't like how he went back and changed time, creating Flashpoint. It's not been one of my favourite stories and that's tough on me because it's dominated this season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    The Flash has often been my favourite show, but I've not been enjoying the Savitar story. I guessed it was going to be Barry, so that was disappointing. I was hoping for something bigger. I've also found it quite a drag how they've constantly focused on Iris getting killed and Barry always saying "I'm not going to let Iris Die" Why don't they just lock Iris into one of those cells they have?

I'm also very tired of Killer Frost.

I start to wonder if they are short on actors, having Barry & Caitlin playing two roles.

The Duet episode was fun, though I would have liked to have seen a couple more popular songs used.

There was something that I absolutely loved and that was when they took away Barry's memory. Grant really acted out of the box during that story, I hope we get to see him again in the future. H.R.Wells is brilliant and I'm enjoying his friendship with Tracey.

Still not digging Kid Flash, but love, love Wally when he's Wally. He's really grown as a character from when he first appeared.

13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Now then........

What if Caitlin is the one who saves Iris and defeats Savitar?

14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Isn't time travel a brilliant way to tell a story? We get to see Snart once again play the (kinda) hero to our heroes.

Plus Wentworth Miller can come and go whenever the story suits them, which isn't a bad thing.

15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404

Which Wells do you two guys like the best?

For me it has to be H.R. Wells I love how spontaneous he is with his approach to everything and he's much more comical in his delivery.

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    Well.... It happened.

Savitar killed Iris and I am disappointed by how it played out. I was hoping there would be a twist, but nothing. I was also frustrated that Iris stayed on the ground when Barry was blasting Savitar, she could have at least tried to run for cover.

As always with time travel themed shows, I'm not expecting this to be the last we see of Iris, and i have no idea what the season finale will bring me.

17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404

O-M-G!!!!

I was hoping for a twist and I got just that.

I'm completely devastated that H.R. took the dagger meant for Iris.

[​IMG]

18. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,031

I figured you wouldn't enjoy that particular twist. :D:(

I've enjoyed all three versions. HR was the most entertaining though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    I'm still gutted at this.

I really did enjoy the finale to Savitar's story on The Flash and how they defeated him, but I also loved that it meant Barry would have to replace him and therefore leave the others behind.

Thankfully they have a few months break to figure out a way to bring Barry back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,031
    I enjoyed it too, except for seeing Grant Gustin look so not cute as Savatar.

• Like Like x 1