1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SoapLand The Final Battle

How Will It End?

Dismiss Notice

Quoting Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback & Help Forum' started by Angela Channing, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 21 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,529
    Medals:
    Is anyone else having problems quoting someone else's post when using the Edge browser? When I click the quote button I don't get the "insert quote" button appearing. I don't have the same issue when using Chrome so it's not a major problem for me.

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,146

I've never used this. I'm assuming you mean quoting a section of the text and not the whole post. Also what happens if you hit the 'reply' button on the post and not in the reply box underneath?

3. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,529
    Medals:
    Reply works fine.

The problem is both with the quoting an entire post or just part of it. In edge everything works exactly the same as in Chrome except the "insert quote" button doesn't appear so I'm unable to quote a post in that way.

It may just be a problem with the Edge browser rather than with the forum.

4. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,146
    And it may be that it's our forum. We're using an older version, a new one was created not too long ago, but we don't have the funds to upgrade.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +7,177
    Medals:
    I'm having this problem now - it's saying the post I want to quote doesn't exist.

6. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Rebel EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,417
    Did you try reloading the page? Reload and if you still can't quote try highlighting the text and then using the reply button instead.

This works for me.

7. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,529
    Medals:
    I tried reloading the page but it makes no difference. This is an illustration of the problem when I've attempted to quote the post immediately above this one:

[​IMG]

The top image is when I'm using the Chrome browser and the bottom image is with Microsoft Edge.

As you can see, I have highlighted that I have clicked on the "Quote" button (top right of each image) and on Chrome, the "Insert Quote" button has appeared but it's not present with Edge (bottom left of each image) so it's not possible to quote a post in this way.

I'm able to work around the problem so it's not a major issue for me but I thought it was worth highlighting the issue.

8. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Rebel EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,417
    I am not a mod or Admin so I probably shouldn't even be answering questions here. :D

But I do know that I can only use Google Chrome for SC when I try and use Microsoft edge nothing works for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,768
    Medals:
    I use Firefox without problems here.

10. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +916
    I use microsoft edge almost exclusively. Firefox is my back-up, almost always during poor weather conditions including the hours building-up to fairly heavy rain. This is because edge is finicky about security protocols and seems unable to read all of them when connecting to a site (any website) during poor weather conditions. It will return a message about the site's certificate apparently out of date. Firefox, though, will be able to connect to the same site. On the occasions that it can't, I assume there's some technical hitch at the website, and try again a few hours later. And things are okay.
    That said, I have experienced the missing quote button on occasion. I restart my laptop, not shut down and start. That works for me.
    My more frequent problem is when I try to copy a whole post by manually highlighting end to end : the moment I highlight the first letter of the post, all the details of the person who made the post including their image automatically gets highlighted. I work around that by highlighing from the second letter onwards, then filling in the missing letter after pasting (in a word file) or inserting the quote into a new post for the thread.
    It's curious how the same browser works differently for folk.

11. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +916
    @Angela Channing Tell me please, (a) what software did you use to store and edit those snapshots into one image & (b) where did you store that image before uploading to this site?
    Ta.

12. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,146
    Yes, browsers, security, broadband, weather conditions, there are several elements that can contribute to an issue with our individual problems. It can be tricky trying to diagnose something when you don't have all the details, or even if the person giving the details is in the knowledge of what's wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,529
    Medals:
    I used photoshop and uploaded the image to Imgur.

• Thanks Thanks x 1