Random things you hate

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Emelee, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    I have an old-fashioned answering machine. If they don't leave a message it can't be important.

• Like Like x 1
  2. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    With mine, if they don’t identify themselves, they can’t get put through or leave a message. The answer phone instructs them that it is unable to connect them to me and tells them to hang up. Then it says, “Thank you for calling”. If they identify themselves, the phone rings me and lets me hear the person’s voice identifying themselves. Then I get to choose whether I accept them once, accept them every time, block list them with the block button or send them to the answer phone, where they can’t leave me a message. I can block withheld numbers and whole area codes, so my half-sister can’t get me on the phone. Ever. And I can restrict a full sister to answer message contact only. I haven’t had this much fun in years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    It's a bit late, but I'm going to rant about Thanksgiving: When I was a kid, I used to love watching the locally-based parade on TV. They had all sorts of balloons and it was wonderful. But over the years, they stopped showing them as much. Now, it is just all of this stupid promotional crap for the city of Detroit with a few balloons scattered in between. Seriously, it will be like 10 or twenty minutes of a bunch of annoying people trying to advertise businesses, talk up Detroit, or sing songs. Then, they will show like, one or two balloons and then cut to a commercial break. And then the whole process starts up all over again! I just wanted to see some goddamn balloons! Hopefully, Macy's is better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    I'm sick and tired of Windows 10 updating a billion times. Besides the regular ones, they will add these big, long ones every once in awhile that take forever to complete. And I hate when it says, "These updates can help protect you in an online world.", because it's usually never anything I need or want, just a bunch of stupid crap that bloats up my computer. I always hate it whenever I see the little message saying, "You need an update", or something like that. No, I don't! Leave me alone!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    The updates cause my computers to start freezing and crashing. At first the updates would auto-update at the worst possible times. Like they would figure out the worst possible times to do it, to punish me and ensure no sleep that night. I never have that trouble with my Mac though, even if my iCloud pictures of relationship charts keep going missing.

I’m rounding up my family for Christmas and getting them to stay in the house. Then I’m going out and leaving them there, while I go out and enjoy myself instead. Of course, it may not be in my house.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Seaviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    I'm still using Windows 7 because I was advised that 10 might make my computer slow down.

But Windows 7 still updates itself periodically, sometimes taking up to half an hour before it will shut down.

7. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    I don’t like taking down Christmas decorations before the eve of the Epiphany. Especially on websites.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,154
    Having woken up this morning to another fall of snow, is it just me or does anyone else find that when the snow and ice arrives, the worst drivers possible also turn out in their droves?

I certainly wouldn't say I enjoy driving in the snow, but I firmly believe it sharpens your skills. Some of the driving I have seen out and about today has been awful, people can't judge their distances between the vehicle in front and the vehicle behind, they automatically assume the main roads are frost/ice-free which, over here, is a dangerous assumption to make.

Some of the worst drivers are those in 4x4s. Yes, 4WD is a useful addition in wintry weather, but if the driver insists on driving like a lunatic, 4WD won't help one little bit.

Another reason why the UK driving test is in major need of overhaul. If you pass your test in anytime between March and October, you are unlikely to encounter much in the way of snow and/or ice. Before the test can be passed, all new drivers need to have experience in all weather conditions, in my view.

Swami

9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +280
    I truly hate people with bad breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,154
    I remember a summer job I had, before I went to university, and it was in a local chicken factory. There was this guy we worked with, his breath was truly toxic, he ended up getting sacked because his breath was so bad, in the interests of food hygiene.

Swami

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +588
    I truly hate Winter!!! Where I am it is 19 degrees and with the wind blowing feels like 10 degrees. Mother Nature can be so vicious sometimes.

12. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,154
    If the wintry weather would get over and done with at the proper time (ie December/January), it's even more of a nuisance when it comes in February/March/April when most folk would be expecting spring.

Swami

13. Seaviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    It was 42 Celsius here on Saturday.

14. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    I hate being a terrible typist. Plus, my new keyboard is effed up.

15. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,415
    Leaving feedback for sellers.

I know, it is a useful system, but more often than not I just don't feel like it, whether I'm happy with my purchase or not.
    It wouldn't surprise me if, in the near future, I also have to rate the supermarket (or - God forbid - all the products I have bought) at the checkout counter.
    I've already paid for it, leave me alone!:bang:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Seaviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    I don't mind rating on a scale of one to ten but when they want a novel about my experience that's too much.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,415
    Good news, I'm a keyboard doctor and I'm here to help victim-y people who revel in ongoing keyboard drama.
    When you press the "a", what do you see?

18. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    How dare you!!

19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,415
    But what you really typed was: "thank you so much!" , right?

20. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Yes it was.
    :love8:

• Funny Funny x 1