Random things you hate

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Emelee, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,176
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    People who forbid muppet pigs to audition for such roles as "Wonder Woman"...So unfair.

upload_2018-6-13_20-59-6.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +613
    You think that's off-the-wall-- try 10 Connects News on WTSP Channel 10 (CBS station of Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg, FL) from 2008-2010; what kind of title was that?!

3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,898
    Things get slow here in the summer. We have tons of people come here in the fall and winter--vacationers, snowbirds, etc.--but the snowbirds head back north in the spring and the only folks left behind are us year-round residents. Right now it's downright boring. And yet I feel guilty about a "rant" because the alternative is so much more rant-worthy.

While they're here, traffic is terrible. Parking is impossible. The packed restaurants/stores are clogged with people who seem not to want to do anything but waste their time (and ours) standing around in the aisles. I can't stand how rude/obnoxious these people can be in public settings, barging into people's personal spaces and arguing over stupid stuff. It gets more and more tense as we get closer to 'departure time' (they typically leave around Easter), so when they do, we're all relieved. It's as if they feel entitled to be rude and pushy because they don't live here full-time and don't have to make friends. So while I really ought to rant about how awful "the season" is for the rest of us, perhaps I should rant about the "feast or famine" nature of life in South Florida. It's either too busy, too rude, too...much, or it's totally dead and boring. It would be so much better if we could hit some sort of happy medium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +613
    That's partly why it's a stressful experience for my mother and I to shop for groceries at the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville at or after the top of every month; fortunately, it's at most a once-a-month thing.

5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,416
    :lol:

I hate it when my dream contradicts one of my opinions that I have posted on soapchat.

6. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    When people do pouty, puckered lips in photos/selfies. You don't look sexy, you look RIDICULOUS!!!

7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,416
    I hate selfies. It's like, was there no one else who wanted to take your picture? There's always something missing in those pictures - it registers, but never captures.
    It's utterly, utterly soulless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,416
    Netflix is going to cancel (!) the reviews-feature because no-one uses it anymore.

But what about me? I need to let them know what I like and why so they can buy or produce the right series for me.
    My God, I thought we were a family!

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1