Random things you hate

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Emeliz Navidad, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    Animals are very clean, especially cats. I'd let animals into anywhere, even restaurants. I'm going to open a café called kitty Galore. :danc:

2. Dasher Avery
    No Mood

Dasher Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,905
    Original Member Since:
    June 10, 2000
    My niece works for Publix, a supermarket chain here in the US. Last year, a woman came into the supermarket with one of those shih-tzu/toy poodle type dogs riding in the child seat in the cart. It was obviously a pet, because he wasn't behaving as a service animal would. He also got noticeably upset at some point because my niece said everyone in the store could hear him barking up a storm. Anyway, the dog needed to pee and did so---while still sitting in the cart. Obviously it went all over the cart and the floor (in the deli/cheese area). So what did the woman do? She casually picked up the dog and walked out, leaving the pee-covered cart in the puddle. The store manager was called--nobody wanted to touch it, of course--and my niece said the manager ended up having to wipe down the cart and fill out hazardous-waste paperwork on the incident. She said it made her reluctant to ever touch one of the carts in the store without using the sanitizing wipes, because whose to say some other dog hadn't rubbed his unclean butt in that cart right before she grabbed it to use?

Yet the managers still cannot ask a customer to leave if they bring a pet dog (or cat, pig, horse, hedgehog, or whatever) in the store. All they can do is ask if it's a service animal. If the customer says yes---even if they are lying through their teeth--then Publix corporate says the manager has to leave them alone. The governor claimed to have passed a law making such false statements a misdemeanor, but Publix is more concerned with avoiding lawsuits than anything else. And people who openly flout the rules this way ought to be publicly shamed somehow.

3. The Wise Willie From Oleson
    Angelic

The Wise Willie From Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,315
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    :lolo:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    People stick their face in each others genitals all the time @Daniel Avery - just sayin' like. (I personally don't). :D

5. Dasher Avery
    No Mood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,905
    Original Member Since:
    June 10, 2000
    If those faces are covered in dog feces, then that's their business. If they're doing it in the deli section at the supermarket, then it's everyone's business, unfortunately. Just sayin' o_O

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    Haha @Daniel Avery im afraid I love animals too much to be offended by them. Try googling 2 girls one cup.

But don't my friend! I respect you too much to let you do that ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Treeviewer

Treeviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    A child can be just as bad. In fact, the other day I saw one not even in the child seat but riding in the middle of the trolley where the groceries go.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Matthew Blaisdel
    Spaced

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +1,621
    Original Member Since:
    sometime 2005 (i guess)
    AAAAAAAAAAHHH i just did that and watched only like 5 seconds, but eeeeeeeew! EEEEEEW!!!! EEEEEEEWWW!!!!! :rant: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    Original Member Since:
    July 2015
    Not all of them are. One of my cats likes to randomly throw up all over multiple areas of the apartment. But the other two are great. Go for the cat cafe, though. There are a lot of those in Japan, and they seem pretty successful.

10. Presea

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    Original Member Since:
    July 2015
    Man, I'm glad that I don't have a Publix! I've never seen anyone bringing animals into the Kroger and Aldi that I shop at. Unless it's a restaurant that is specifically designed to have animals for a viewing attraction, they shouldn't be allowed near any place with food in public! And if it's a service animal, the owners should be required to show proof of that with papers for registration!

11. Presea

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    Original Member Since:
    July 2015
    Those atrocious "Katherine kidnaps Pam from the hospital and keeps her drugged in a looney bin/dungeon for years" fanfiction stories/plots for Dallas. Whether it is here (old and new forum), Tripod, or just about anywhere on the internet, I am SO frickin' sick of these! They are all so damn predictable, and it seems like just about the only thing that most (but not all) writers can come up with for Katherine to do. Is it THAT hard for so many Dallas writers to come up with something more original for Katherine or to actually make an attempt at properly exploring her character!? Apparently, it is.

12. Dasher Avery
    No Mood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,905
    Original Member Since:
    June 10, 2000
    The government (specifically the Department of Agriculture) agrees with you on both counts. Any establishment that prepares food (and yes, supermarkets prepare food in their deli and other departments) is forbidden to have animals on the premises due to health regulations. The Dept. of Agriculture does frequent inspections for cleanliness, obviously, and it's common knowledge that pets are not allowed in supermarkets any more than they're allowed in restaurants. If "evidence" of any type of animal is found (roaches, rats, birds, OR pet-type animals) in inspections, there will be fines levied on the business and their (public) inspection score gets hurt considerably. If the violation is strong enough, the business could be forcibly shut down until it undergoes a major cleaning and re-inspection. THAT could ruin a small business like a mom-and-pop restaurant or bodega. I find it the height of selfishness for these people to drag their pet dog or cat into such a business and endanger the business's very existence. I can imagine a health inspector (typically some bureaucrat with a puffed-up sense of self-importance) taking delight in shutting a place down if he or she saw a situation occur like the one I mentioned upthread.

The problem is that these days, there is a prevailing sense of "the rules don't apply to me".

As for the service animal paperwork, there ARE laws on the books requiring the animal to wear a special "service animal" vest, and the owner to carry a state-issued card stating the details of their service animal. The problem is that anybody can order one of those vests off the internet (fake, but looking official enough to pass), and the new "comfort animal" designation muddies the waters further because those are much harder to quantify. There are fewer regulations, and if someone is confronted about the veracity of their claims, they threaten lawsuits. A seeing-eye dog is easy to spot as they do their work, but if Granny wants to say her pot-bellied pig is a "comfort animal" that keeps her from having...I dunno, panic attacks, for instance...then how are you going to prove or disprove it? It used to be that good manners would stop people from abusing the laws in such ways, but like I said, nowadays people only care about having what they want when they want it, and to heck with everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Treeviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    Staying in the supermarket, I hate it when the person behind me in the checkout queue starts putting their items on the conveyor belt before I have finished especially when they don't allow enough room for what I have left. The other day a little old lady actually pushed her trolley into me to get closer to the counter. And they don't really save any time because at this point the cashier is till checking out the person ahead of me. Then they still have to wait while it's my turn.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Emeliz Navidad
    Busy

Emeliz Navidad Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,723
    Going to the movies, and not even halfways into a really long movie, your butt starts to hurt. And all one can think for the rest of the movie is "can I please just stand up or lie down instead?!"

Happened today.

15. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    Men. Men who leave a 5 mile gap between them and the person queuing in front of them.

16. J. R.'s Piece
    No Mood

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +727
    Original Member Since:
    Feb 2007
    I can only handle dogs and cats when I'm on allergy relief tablets. Or else I'm sneezing, with inflamed eyes, stuffy nose, itchy skin and eyes, hives, with asthma symptoms of wheezing/tightness of chest. Pet allergens collect on surfaces, including clothing, walls and furniture and may not lose their strength for months.
    prisma01dailyicon.jpg villain-chair-with-cat-4768.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  17. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    Aw that's a shame. I can't imagine my life without my cats, or without animals.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Treeviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    I'm not sure that it's only men but, yes, when the queue is moving in front and the person ahead of me doesn't, very annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sue Ellen's Nipple Tassles
    Amused

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,089
    Well to be fair, it is mostly men, however I bunked the queue in the airport ahead of a girl who wasn't standing in it and she said 'excusez moi je suis dans le queue'. I said 'Well stand in it then'. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1