Doctor Who Ranking the Doctors

Discussion in 'Cult TV' started by Seaviewer, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    The repeat screenings of Doctor Who have now caught up to where I started so I'm now in a position to offer a somewhat more educated opinion on the Doctors of the modern era.

I'm still naming Capaldi and his whimsical wisecracks as favourite but Tennant's unflagging exuberance runs him a close second. In fact, if I'd watched them through in the proper order in the first place I may well have made him No. 1.

Eccleston must have seemed a safe pair of hands when the were planning the relaunch but he now comes across as rather bland compared to his successors. Nevertheless, I'm still placing him ahead of Smith, whose petulant child routine I never did quite warm up to. On the other hand, I'm naming Karen Gillan's no-nonsense Amy Pond as favourite companion and you probably couldn't have the one without the other as a counterpoint.

Based on her two-word scene so far, I'm provisionally slotting Whittaker in at No. 3. She seems to convey a combination of joy and a sense of wonder that already seems very appealing.

2. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,104
    Hmm, off the top of my head, I'd go Smith, Capaldi, Eccleston, Tennant. I really like them all, but Matt Smith feels the most plausibly alien/ancient to me and David Tennant the least.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I won't do a countdown, but my #1 is Tom Baker. Love the curls and scarf combination.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)