Re-watching Season 4

Discussion in 'Dallas Season Reviews' started by James from London, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,453
    I agree with you totally. I like Katherine, but keeping Rebecca around sounded like it could have led to ultimately more interesting character interactions and storylines for Dallas than just the repeated sister-tries-to-steal-her-sister's-husband-and-fails-and shoots-him storyline.

2. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,453
    I would have loved that! And even though I thought Rebecca was mean for wanting to cut Cliff completely out of her life after the whole Wentworth Tool And Dye disaster, I always enjoyed their scenes together and believed they had an interesting mother and son dynamic with how they were both rebuilding their relationship and Cliff and Pam still trying to cope with Rebecca's abandonment of them in their relationship. I would have loved to see the Barnes/Wentworth family all living together and as rivals for the Ewings. With Pam having trouble with her alliances because of Bobby, and Katherine as sort of a double agent who helps JR when it is convenient for her, but ultimately remaining more neutral. And of course, Rebecca and Cliff would go all out against the Ewings!

3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,564
    For me that was Jennilee, Cally and James. Their addition to the cast was an insult to actors. Their presence was beyond annoying for me. They reminded me of that buzzing mosquito on a hot summers night. You know it's there but for the life of me I just wanted it dead, dead, then some more dead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,644
    It's funny how one-word titles can sound so fun and dramatic when the material is good, but come off as utterly lazy, boring and predictable when the writing is not up to par (see, most of DYNASTY)!

Which episodes are you missing? I saved the thread.

• Like Like x 2
  5. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,314
    I think it's more to do with the words themselves. I mean, DALLAS had an episode called "The Wedding" and DYNASTY had one called "The Honeymoon", both of which are pretty good, but they're still quite dull-sounding titles!

Oh did you? Great! I'm missing the second ep, "Where There's a Will", and then there's a big gap between "The Ewing Touch" and "Brothers and Sisters", and then I'm also missing everything after "Caribbean Connection". If you've got any of those, I'd be dead grateful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,644
    That's certainly true, although one tends to give them a pass if the episode isn't dull itself!

Yes, I've got them! I'll send you episode 2, and then it's "Fringe Benefits" to "Legacy" (or should that include "Ewing Touch" and "Brothers and Sisters"?). The only ones I don't have are episodes 27 and 28, but those I have the shorter reviews that you did initially. PM alright?

• Like Like x 1
  7. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,314
    Brilliant, that's great, thanks! No, I don't need "Ewing Touch" and "Brothers and Sisters", and I didn't write about the last two episodes cos I was starting to bore myself by then!

8. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,644
    You're very welcome!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,316
    I blame myself, in part, for the thread being somewhat eaten. I started posting (too large) screen captures at one point. :oops:

• Like Like x 1