Real American Horror Story - The Turpin Family House of Horrors

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Alexis, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,883
    Has anyone been following this story of the Turpin's in California who had held their 13 children captive for years. The children aged between 29 and 3 years old were bound and chained to beds and furniture and were kept in the dark and forced to live as nocturnal creatures. Made to sleep in the day so nobody would notice they were there. They were also starved and only allowed to wash once a year. They would be beaten for simple things like washing their hands above the wrist.

Apparently they were not allowed to play with toys although police officers found many boxed brand new toys all over the house. They were starved much of the time while the parents gorged on food. If the children were to eat food that was kept out on the worktops they would also be beaten. They were all described as being malnourished and very, very underweight and very pale from lack of sunlight. They siblings as old as 29 were said to look like children of 10 or 11 due to their lack of food. The parents are being charged with many accounts of abuse, and of holding the children against their will as well as one charge of a lewd act performed on a minor.

The latest on the story is that police sniffer dogs have been brought in to detect bodies that may be buried on the property.

It's truly horrific and so shocking that this is happening again after the few that happened a few years back like the Fritzl case.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...rts-say/ar-AAuYxXX?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,758
    Luckily, I was able to make bail.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,770
    This is why I do sometimes think there is still hope that Madeleine McCann will be found one day. I've followed the Kampusch, Fritzl and Duggar cases and know a little about the girls held captive in Ohio.

This new case though, given the amount of people involved is truly horrific. It shows the lengths that people are capable of going to. Those two will surely never see the light of day again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,758
    We'll see. I'm guessing her lawyer will try a 'she-was-terrified-not-to-take-his-orders' plea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,789
    That Peter Pan haircut should've been a warning sign right away.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Who do they think possible bodies may belong to?