Dallas Character Rebecca Wentworth Was A Horrible Parent

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, May 22, 2017.

1. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,741
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I always thought that there was a lot more about Katherine than what we saw. Maybe Rebecca hated wire hangers and beat her with them whenever she got bored! Maybe it was little sweet Katherine who put poison into her daddy´s drink to force his death and inherit his money (but those Barnes bastards ended up owning their own shares!)...or maybe Rebecca loved "gallivanting" around Houston (once an adulterous, always an adulterous!). Anyway, both of them seemed to go from one extreme to the other, and that behavior has a name...If Rebeccabeech had gone cuckoo instead of Jessica and tried to kill Miss Ellie by drowning her in the pool...!!

upload_2018-12-6_22-10-8.jpeg

"It´s so hot, isn´t it Ellie? Come home
    and have a swim in my pool!"

[​IMG]

"Remember Pammy: kill the woman in the sack dress!
    She´s horrible. Promise me..."​

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +205

Rebecca did not accept Pamela and Cliff as her kids after her wealthy husband passes knowing that he probably would have cut her off in his will.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Because Pam had such horrible parents, I would have preferred if the show had her NOT want to have children of her own. In the legacy-obsessed Ewing clan, that would have caused quite the drama between Pam and Bobby without the useless monthly misunderstanding. It could also have been something that she could have started to work through once she found her mother.

4. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Sure she was. Just ask Valene, whose daughter was ripped away from her by Miss Ellie’s husband and son, while Ellie stood by and did nothing.

I also agree that Rebecca was a terrible mother. I never understood why Pam never held her accountable for her actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1