Rebekah Shelton dead at 32 as transgender Big Brother star previously known as Rodrigo Lopes

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,813
    Big Brother star Rebekah Shelton has died aged 32.

Rebekah, who shot to fame on the 2009 series of the reality TV show pre-transition, passed away on Wednesday.

kl.jpg

The sad news was announced on her Twitter page in the early hours of Friday morning.

"We’re sorry to inform everyone of the sad news that our wonderful and lovely Rebekah died unexpectedly on Wednesday night," the tweet read.

"We ask that you respect the family's privacy at this time."

Her followers soon rushed to pay tribute, with one sharing; "God, how awful! I'm so sorry.

"I remember watching her on Big Brother a few years ago and I loved her personality. And she achieved so much through her transition."

Another wrote: "Oh no. This is heartbreaking news. Love and prayers to you all."

Brazilian star Rebekah's last tweet was shared on 19 November and featured a black and white profile picture of her.

Her Twitter bio reads: "Reality star, Big Brother UK as Rodrigo. Actress. Brazilian girl. Currently in Dubai."

Rodrigo-Lopes.jpg

Rebekah underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2014.

She later told OK! that her family had trouble coming to terms with it.

Rebekah said: "The only thing I wish is that that my family will learn to accept me."

She went on: "At one point before my surgery I had to leave home, and for six months of my life I turned to prostitution. So many times I wanted to kill myself because I had no one to talk to.

Totally shocked by this news. I loved Rodrigo's time in the house, he was hilarious and always reminds me of a Killers song "SAmile Like You Mean It" which was played as part of a task while Rodrigo was dressed as the Cheshire Cat, that and his time when he thought he met the Queen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    I was shocked to hear this on the news early this morning and all I could think of was Roderigo’s huge beaming smile. Roderigo was very central to his series of BB and from memory he has left an impression on me as being gentle, sensitive and yet fun loving.

From the pictures I’ve seen of Rebekah she looks absolutely beautiful and I’m so sorry to hear she struggled to find happiness. It’s so tragic.

3. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +524
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,811
    She's not dead...

In the video, she explained: "Hi everyone, I just want to kindly ask please stop spreading the rumour that I’m dead.

"Because obviously I’m not. I’ve been through hell today.

"Because someone used my Twitter account to write that stupid status about me. This person can’t accept the fact that I’m happy, that I overcame all my problems, and that I finally have my life happy. I’m on holiday, I’m in Arabia.

"I’m not dead."

Rebekah appeared in the 2009 series of Big Brother.

She changed her name after her surgery in 2014.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,937
    What an awful tasteless hoax.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,813
    I wanna say this is even more shocking than what I read this morning, but I'm more relieved that she's alive.

I swear I never understand the logic of some people.