Recast Pam with Margaret Michaels or April for Bobby?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by TJames03, Oct 5, 2018.

?

Recast Pam with Margaret Michaels or April for Bobby?

1. MM's Pam

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. April

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +400
    We all know VP was forever gone, but would people have accepted the MM recast or April. April gets a lot of hate on this board, but was she better than a recast Pam or would you rather have seen a recast with Bobby?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,737
    Of the two options, I'd marginally say go with April. A recast would never have worked, Victoria Principal and Victoria alone was Pam. April was still a good character but always in the shadow of Pam.

Swami

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Recasts are something I'd put on a level with "It was all a dream." Obviously April was the better choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    I think I've made my opinion clear on this. I see we're at a tie now. :)

5. Dr. Ellby's hair

Dr. Ellby's hair Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Recast Pam, MM or someone else, would have been lesser bad to me than any of those boring relationships that Bobby had in later seasons. I would say than even a relationship between Bobby and his secretary Phyllis might have been more interesting than those.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,681
    I voted for the lesser of two evils - April. No offence to Margaret Michaels but only one person (like Miss Ellie) could play Pam and that was Victoria. It's been many, many years since I've watched Dallas with April's appearance but from memory the character was all over the place, much like the series by this point. One minute Cliff is in bed with Mandy, then Jamie, followed by April. Was April good or evil? I just didn't care as much anymore.

Odd how hard Larry fought to have Patrick return because he - and others - believed the series and fans were missing him. Yet when Victoria had given the producers 2 years notice she didn't seem to attract the same support. Dallas could have survived without Bobby with a thought provoking story but the biggest impact was felt when Pam (Victoria) left. Besides, why would the Dallas producers attempt another recast after the bitter taste left behind from the Miss Ellie debacle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,492
    neither

Agree with @Dr. Ellby's hair - id rather have Bobby with Phyliss who did care about him than any of the bimbos they threw in Bobbys direction in later years

if Bobby couldnt have Pam, it should have been 1st love Jenna or make him a widower.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +464
    I liked Bobby's chemistry with Connie, who clearly had a crush on him before she mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again, opening the position for Phyllis

9. Dr. Ellby's hair

Dr. Ellby's hair Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Does anyone know why Connie was changed Phyllis just like that. I mean when Phyllis appears first time she is supposed to just fill in for Connie who is ill. Then Phyllis stays permanently and Connie is never mentioned again.
    Was there some contract dispute or did actress Jeanna Michaels (RIP) decide to leave or why?
    Last episode for Connie is episode 12 of 80-81 season "End of the Road:part 2"
    First episode for Phyllis is the next one, episode 13 of 80-81 season "Making of a President" where she is supposed to fill in for ill Connie, after that next time Phyllis appears is episode 18 " Mark of the Cain" and then just stays.

10. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,414
    April of course. I always enjoyed their relationship and never saw April as Pam's replacement.

One can't re-cast such classic characters such as Pam, Miss Ellie or Jock. It did work for Jenna Wade and Gary but they were re-cast earlier in the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +400
    My unpopular opinion would be Pam #02. However, I'd have made her evil, so....

12. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,438
    Good question. I would have prefered for MM to be Pam rather than that stupid look a like that Bobby bedded in season 13 (DVD) simply because he hadn't been able to say goodbye to Pam. That storyline was so lame! :(

I remember originally when he saw her I thought she was Pam and I couldn't wait to watch the show the next week since I wanted an explaination why Pam had left Bobby and Chris and I wanted her to patch up her relationship with her son. So guess who was disappointed the next week when she wasn't Pam?

I think MM as Pam could have worked considering that Pam had had plastic surgery. MM as Pam also has a couple of possibilities, if she had been Pam maybe we would have seen Bobby and Pam have another child who could have been on Dallas TNT. Maybe Bobby and Pam would have gotten a happy ending and we would have gotten closure in a way that left us satisified and not asking for more.

However I happen to love Bobby and April as a couple too, so the thought that I'd miss out on them in favor of Bobby with a recast Pam... :(

My vote went to April. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,438
    Jenna and Bobby were also a really good match and they did have Lucas. How heartbreaking isn't that scene where they are up in the nursery and Jenna confesses to Bobby that she still loves him even though she is now married to his brother! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +400
    I would have brought MM aboard as a major character (Pam) and if it didn't work out, we'd find out that was never Pam after all, but an impostor.

• Like Like x 1