Recreated stories from the Original Dynasty

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by JeffUSA, Apr 7, 2018.

1. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11
    A recent post asked what characters we'd like to see on the new Dynasty so it made me think what other storylines they will eventually pick up.

For me, I want to see "Cristal getting pregnant and Alexis firing the gun story." Although with the focus seeming to be on Fallon/Alexis verses Cristal/Alexis, I wonder if that will happen?

Thoughts? And what other storylines should be resurfaced?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The way that Cristal and Blake's marriage seems to be going at this rate, I don't think it's going to last long enough for Cristal to get pregnant. I think it's probably more likely that Cristal and Blake will eventually adopt Claudia's baby if and when she does eventually return.

Honestly if they really wanted to recreate the whole infamous Krystle miscarriage storyline they could have Fallon get pregnant from Liam, (I know that they will probably consummate their marriage next week unless they reveal that Liam is Adam, but I don't know), and then Alexis decides to retaliate for the attempted drugging at Steven & Sammy Jo's engagement party by arranging an accident that will result in Fallon's miscarriage. I wonder if this will result in yet another fistfight between mother and daughter...

Also since there have been several mentions in recent episodes about Fallon needing to be in therapy, maybe they should also bring back that Dr. Toscanni guy. Perhaps we can finally begin to understand what exactly is going on in Fallon's head.

3. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've noticed the writers keep using dialogue from the original only in different places. Take for example, Alexis telling Sam she was "thrilled to bits" vs. the original (great scene):

In any case, I would prefer that if the writers were to revisit the "firing the gun" storyline, that they stick with Cristal and Alexis. After all, it was the primary impetus for the first catfight between the two in Alexis's studio. I also noticed in this past episode that Alexis's bed looked somewhat similar to her daybed in her studio (in original).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    In that case I want Blake or Cristal to be responsible for the miscarriage, but not intentionally. Btw, why is it "infamous"?

5. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    @Willie Oleson Um because it was the first really horrible thing that Alexis did and pretty much cemented her as a villain. Maybe infamous isn't really the right word. More like notorious?

At any rate I would rather have Blake be the one to make Fallon miscarry because I don't want the show to keep giving Fallon more reasons to keep on fighting with Cristal and I've actually been enjoying them not being at each other's throats so much recently. But I've suggested Alexis because so far they've been establishing her to be more evil and despicable than Fallon and the one thing that would make her truly evil is intentionally causing the death of her unborn grandchild.

But then again I'm not sure what having Fallon miscarry would accomplish exactly since I doubt Fallon would actually mourn the loss of the baby, (rather I think she would be relieved to not be tied down with a kid), other than the writers would be doing this in a way to avoid having Fallon tied with the wrong man forever. When Krystle lost her baby in the original, she seemed pretty devastated. I'm not sure if the same will be true for Fallon.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,122
    I wanna see that too. Although... what if the gun Alexis uses was Fallons', which momentarily leads Blake and Cristal to believe that it was Fallon who caused the miscarriage, and Alexis quietly allows them to believe it?

Hey, you never know with soaps/dramas. Relationships can do a 180 in a single episode.

Yeah, Fallon's not the motherly type. It has to be Cristal who miscarries.

7. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yeah well... there's still the unresolved plot with Claudia and her pregnancy. I think it's still possible that she may give up her baby when she returns, (assuming she's still pregnant), and Cristal will adopt it herself, with Blake reluctantly going along with it. That baby might be the new Cristina. I feel like the whole Steven/Melissa Daniels affair might become important later on when Steven & Sammy Jo decide to start a family of their own and Steven might decide to ask Melissa to be their surrogate. And Melissa might actually agree to the arrangement, even commenting that she might once have contemplated motherhood but Paul never really gave her the chance to fulfill that personal dream.

There's one other thing that also still bothers me. In the original, Fallon had two kids with Jeff, Lauren & Little Blake, or L.B. Right now Fallon and Jeff despise each other so as of right now I don't really see this changing anytime soon and I can't really see Fallon falling for the guy that plotted to destroy her family. Which is why I think it might be possible that Jeff might eventually retaliate by attempting to or even raping Fallon just like Blake did to Krystle as mentioned in another previous thread. Hopefully that will kill any chance of any Jeff/Fallon pairing and that could also start an arc where Fallon gets pregnant.

This along with the potential surrogacy storyline with Steven & Sammy Jo might become possible plot points for the second season. I'm actually a bit excited just thinking about it because it could generate so much drama and so many story possibilities. Especially since daytime dramas tend to treat rape as a plot point simply for shock value or even worse as a joke not to be taken seriously so it would be really great if Dynasty could treat the topic with the respect it deserves.

Then again, you might never know. The writers might surprise us and the pregnancy could bring out a softer, more vulnerable side to Fallon. However, they could also introduce a plot point where Fallon might be so traumatized by the rape that she might end up considering having an abortion (surprisingly just like in the original!). But maybe Blake and even Jeff might try to talk her out of it, especially Jeff because the baby might end up becoming the heir apparent to Colby Co and that would be an extremely important thing to him.

I think Cristal (and maybe Steven, depending on the status of their relationship by this point), might end up becoming the only person to support Fallon on any decision that she makes and she might even drive Fallon to the abortion clinic herself. But then at the last minute, Fallon changes her mind and decides to keep the baby, resolving to give it a better life than she had, away from her parents and away from Jeff. This whole baby plot might even be the catalyst that starts up the whole Colby-Carrington feud again, so there's that. So hey, there's a possibility that maybe I'm wrong and that the writers might have some amazing surprises in store.

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    Wow, that's a lot of babies. And they all need to be kidnapped.:eck:

You want her to...surrender?
    [​IMG]
    Never!

9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    I'll be very, very surprised if Melissa Daniels isn't already pregnant by Steven. That whole scenario screamed "plot contrivance," and since the producers already have an established relationship with the actress, I'm sure they cooked up this plot just to tie her (and her character) to the show permanently.

Cristal already had a miscarriage in Venezuela, didn't she? (I'm kind of fuzzy on that story already). If Alexis caused her to miscarry a second time, it would certainly raise the stakes. Didn't Cristal stab her brother-in-law in the back for causing the first miscarriage?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    I like that idea, but at the same time I think she'd be replacing Claudia, they even have similar features. And Mrs Daniels also strikes me as a somewhat unstable character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    @Daniel Avery I always assumed that they had Steven sleep with Melissa mainly because he had to help Sammy Jo renew his visa in order to avoid being deported, but now I wonder if the writers might have bigger plans for her. I guess we'll see if she makes any further appearances next season, now will we?

12. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The actress who plays Melissa has worked with Josh Schwartz in multiple shows now. So I doubt she's gone. It tied in to a plot that was already addressed. She's pregnant with Steven's child. Sammy Joe doesn't know that Steven slept with her yet. He just thinks it a family friend who helped him out.

13. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,686
    If Melissa's pregnant, then I don't see Claudia back if I'm being honest. At least not pregnant. Let's be honest here - children in prime time soaps are pretty useless, since we rarely see them growing into teens and get their own storylines and I hardly see Dynasty lasting more than maybe 4-5 seasons.

Maybe they'll have Claudia miscarry, she'll become deluded and eventually kidnap Melissa/Steven's baby in season 2.

14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    And a little daytime soap-ish too.
    Smart thinking! Is it going to be a doll again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I don't know about primetime soaps but kids in daytime soaps aren't necessarily useless all the time. Sometimes they can be featured in major storylines, like if they get sick or get kidnapped or even die. For example, on Days Of Our Lives, Ciara Brady was featured a lot as a kid and they kept her as a kid for a long time even when many of the other legacy kids got aged up. It is only now fairly recently that they've decided to age her up as a teenager and I guess now as an adult.

There was a storyline where Ciara got kidnapped as a kid by a corrupt cop and Hope had to go save her. It also hit a nerve for her because at that time she had just recently lost another child of her own (Zack) through a terrible accident. Andrew Donovan also got kidnapped by Shane's ex-wife Emma too as a kid. And Marlena even had a major story where her firstborn son D.J. died of SIDs and her first marriage fell apart as a result. So no I don't agree that kids are entirely useless. They can be centered around some great stories.

And besides, if you don't want to deal with the kiddies at the moment, you can always stick them with the nanny for the time being until they come out of the attic as teenagers or if you need them for another major story. ;) And I'm sure the Carringtons have plenty of money to hire a mysterious no name nanny to take care of the kids while they're preoccupied with their love affairs and corruption scandals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,122
    And that also brings in the opportunity for a Hot Nanny for one of the daddies to have an affair with (coughJeffKirbycough), as well as a Creepy Nanny who abuses the kids but thankfully gets fired (like that one nanny on Downton Abbey), or a nanny who's acting as a spy - either for Alexis or is a reporter trying to dig up info.

17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    They're not useless, and it has to happen at some point, but I'd hold off this baby invasion for as long as possible. Babies in peril is such easy drama, definitely not my favourite part of soaps.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    Unless it's something very intense like Valene's missing babies or Sue Ellen who didn't even want to look at her baby.
    But I don't think NuDynasty is going to be like that. Heck, even original Dynasty had the most boring kids.

But I liked the idea that Sammy Jo was going to sell her baby to Blake, and also that Sable was going to use Fallon's baby as a trophy, her and Jason's grandchild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,670
    Unless they're Valene's babies.

20. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings: